SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Major Announcement Today

Well said Pedro

We need to focus on

the facts of his Result - abysmal

The teams performance most games - poor and lacklustre

The tactics - none existent most games

As far as the paul hunt rumour i hope its wrong but lets wait to see what happens before we judge. If he has lost his job for using his brain then something is seriously wrong internally. Worse than we ever thought

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

If people write to the FA demanding an explanation of what's going on would it have any effect in the club being investigated? (yes I'm aware of the potential consequences of an investigation but do we really want our club being used as a vehicle for people like Venky's and Anderson?)

I understand fully what you're saying Pedro. Forgetting the insults etc. I'm just totally and utterly confused as to the tolerance levels Rovers fans have given. Give Kean a chance, fair enough. He's more than had that and still supporters back him, and it seems to me they live in this bubble that he will turn things around. If 30+ games isn't enough time then what is? I hear what you're saying about stereotypical images of protests etc, but how can the ten thousand that were booing at the Man City game sit on their hands and continue to accept this craziness? I've never abused a non protester or insulted them for not protesting. Yet any time someone seems to speak up at Ewood they get abused. It going to turn ugly if this continues. Thanks Venky's, thanks Steve Kean. You've well and truly ballsed our little club right up, I hate you for that

If people write to the FA demanding an explanation of what's going on would it have any effect in the club being investigated? (yes I'm aware of the potential consequences of an investigation but do we really want our club being used as a vehicle for people like Venky's and Anderson?)

Suggest that Philipl leads.

Philip, where are you ?

if nobody at the our club wants to listen to us, i think an open letter/petition stating all our worries surrounding rovers should be written and sent to an appropriate person/s at the FA, although it would be the team that loses out initially(potential points deducted,ect..) long term wed have our family club back with a clean slate and no bogeymen in the closet.

The thread, when it started was about an important announcement that same day. It didn't come and the anticipated removal/redeployment of Kean hasn't occurred and doesn't look as if it will.

Instead we are hearing rumours of a new contract for him and the possible sacking of a recently appointed senior exec who apparently wants him out too!

I am in total despair, we are run by nutters! As for the Pune trip------a jolly. Nothing heeded, nothing learned. They don't see the fans as integral to the club, which will become like a plant without water.

I keep starting to write things - but will wait until it is confirmed whether Kean will get a new contract or not - or whether Paul Hunt has been dismissed (and for what reason).

In over 30 years of following Rovers I don't think I have felt as despondent as I do at this moment in time - I just hope that it is just more rumour mongering - if true I would fear for Rovers.

if nobody at the our club wants to listen to us, i think an open letter/petition stating all our worries surrounding rovers should be written and sent to an appropriate person/s at the FA, although it would be the team that loses out initially(potential points deducted,ect..) long term wed have our family club back with a clean slate and no bogeymen in the closet.

I fear Rovers will disappear if we are investigated by the ELP/FA. We will have the book thrown at us, Venky's will leave and we will be forced to shake buckets outside Deepdale hoping for some loose change.

Well it seems blatantly obvious to me. This is Jerome Anderson's Blackburn Rovers.

I, too, welcome a Premier League enquiry should he get an extended contract. We're screwed if he stays, but why should these people make money out of our club while we fight and argue amongst ourselves and continue to lose games?

What the hell is going on? When on earth is someone in authority going to take this shower to task? When will the LT ask Kean some proper questions (I don't buy what someone posted earlier that scratching beneath the surface would harm Andy Cryer's career, surely not asking the right questions at this stage would do that? Don't feel you need to hold back on behalf of the fans Andy)

3 wins in 23 PL games. How much have we spent on Agents' fees in the last two windows? Why is someone with zero football knowledge making all the key decisions? (oh hang on, see the second sentence).

We're on course for 20 points for the season. The very fact that we're taking a rumour (that he's going to get an extended contract) seriously says it all about the state of our football club.

12 months ago we had a competent manager, John Williams, Tom Finn, a clue, a family run club, a well run organisation, the fans had a say, a paying sponsor, media strength, friends in high places, respect from all levels of football!

As a write this we have none of the above! SAD TIMES!!!!

Totally agree. I dont even know how i feel about regarding myself as a Rovers fan anymore, because this is NOT the club i know and love. It feels like a totally different entity, I dont recognise anything of the rovers i fell in love with in the club anymore.

12 months ago we had a competent manager, John Williams, Tom Finn, a clue, a family run club, a well run organisation, the fans had a say, a paying sponsor, media strength, friends in high places, respect from all levels of football!

As a write this we have none of the above! SAD TIMES!!!!

Aw, I think I feel a bit sick after reading that :(

(I don't buy what someone posted earlier that scratching beneath the surface would harm Andy Cryer's career, surely not asking the right questions at this stage would do that? Don't feel you need to hold back on behalf of the fans Andy)

Think that was what i said. I meant more in the sense giving too much of personal opinion rather than doing his job as a journalist. I get what you mean though and agree with you. It's just seriously worrying times. Hard to see any light at the end of this tunnel we're in.

Totally agree. I dont even know how i feel about regarding myself as a Rovers fan anymore, because this is NOT the club i know and love. It feels like a totally different entity, I dont recognise anything of the rovers i fell in love with in the club anymore.

Doesn't make it any easier but many of us felt like this over 6 months ago.

Philipl in particular led the warnings and he was castigated by many as some sort of attention seeking nutter !

Well, the chickens seem to be coming home to roost now.

BRFC - RIP, IMO, died 19 November 2010.

To be honest I'm fed up reading all this now, I have a season ticket that hasn't been used once this season, a head full of anger and negativity & a stomach that turns every time I here Steve kean or venkys. I cant even bring myself to brave the once happy ground that is ewood park because it will destroy my fond memories.

In recent times gone by a match day was full of anticipation for the 90mins ahead, now my weekend consist of dread at even the thought of another game lost and my beloved rovers becoming a further laughing stock and being condemned to relegation.

hardly 1980 wrote:if nobody at the our club wants to listen to us, i think an open letter/petition stating all our worries surrounding rovers should be written and sent to an appropriate person/s at the FA, although it would be the team that loses out initially(potential points deducted,ect..) long term wed have our family club back with a clean slate and no bogeymen in the closet.

As you state yes we will get rid of the bogeymen but at a far greater cost say we don't get back up for 10 seasons in the end we will become a statistic and quite possibly if this are are relegated the club might have to wind up at best we can hope for that we plod along and hope we get no points deduction.

Posted this another thread.

How about make the atmosphere in the ground a caldron of hate towards this inept little man.

Then the poor little minows of fans that we are show we are proud strong people, who cherish the history of this club and it is them ( Venkys) who should be honoured to be in our presence, not the other way round.

Time to stand up for what you believe in and act like people who care instead of waiting for our fellow fans to do it all for us.

Sorry for the rant, but we need to stop being so bloody nice !!!!! They are killing our bloody club!!!!

I am so angry, frustrated by this past 12 months like most other fans (Jackie) but we must stay strong and continue our support because we, the fans have been supporting Rovers long before and will support long after when that tosser kean has gone!!

The Walker Trust who were in charged because I will write to them ask why their sold the trust cheaply, and how did the venkys pass their test with the FA. we want answer and who will answer this.

Somebody needs to buy the club back from them bad owners a fact.

Can one of the pune9 please come on and allay our fears.

If i'm told that mrs D is nice and cares deeply about our

club i'm sure i'd feel a lot better.

I am 100% aware that some the "supporters" who went weren't actually die hard Rovers fans and simply treated it as a holiday. At least one was definitely just the wife of a fan who has no interest in Rovers whatsoever... it was just a wasted opportunity or simply pointless PR exercise.

Archived