BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Major Announcement Today

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That interview confirms that Kean is in contract extension/improvement talks. Kean says ''I'll keep that private until the time is right'' which IMO means that Kean is calling the shots and that it is already a done deal. And that it does not mean a DoF or new manager.

Also he was smirking at some questions towards the end of the interview - IMO on the basis that he was thinking as they were asked ''you know who really runs Rovers''

I think your interpretation is spot on.

Furthermore, I think there are people on 'The Committee' who are not even aware of this !!!

Why aren't more fans joining the protests?

I once said that Rovers' supporters weren't as passionate as the Dingles and metaphorically got lynched for it on this MB.

Unfortunately, I think that is the case - there would have been absolute uproar on Turf Moor in similar circumstances just as there would be at Newcastle, Leeds etc.

Unfortunately we are regarded as a relatively quiet bunch of fans and apathy soon gets into the mindset of many. Whilst I know we are not renowned for taking masses of fans away from home but just imagine the difference in opinion of the press and owners if ( for example) the travelling supporters of Man Ushited started baying for Old red nose's head!

I guess we just don't have as many ultra passionate fans as other teams, which would make the "normal" fans participate. However if results continue as they have been I think we're not far off getting the majority of the fans on board anyway!

I was at QPR and he's exaggerating about the intensity of the support. There were people singing 'Kean's got more points than us' but, a bit like at the home games, it just sounds like background noise. There seemed to be a general feeling of apathy and there were lots of people shaking their heads after a poor 2nd half performance.

I once said that Rovers' supporters weren't as passionate as the Dingles and metaphorically got lynched for it on this MB.

Unfortunately, I think that is the case - there would have been absolute uproar on Turf Moor in similar circumstances just as there would be at Newcastle, Leeds etc.

You won't get lynched of me, I totally agree with you

I was at QPR and he's exaggerating about the intensity of the support. There were people singing 'Kean's got more points than us' but, a bit like at the home games, it just sounds like background noise. There seemed to be a general feeling of apathy and there were lots of people shaking their heads after a poor 2nd half performance.

I was also at QPR, support or any protest was non existent.

Next home game the whole of Ewood Park should ignore the pitch and focus on Kean and Venkys.

90 minutes of that and both Kean and Venkys would be gone.But we all know thats not going to happen.The well intentioned stroll to Ewood has fallen on deaf ears.

Thanks for posting the link.

That interview confirms that Kean is in contract extension/improvement talks. Kean says ''I'll keep that private until the time is right'' which IMO means that Kean is calling the shots and that it is already a done deal. And that it does not mean a DoF or new manager.

Also he was smirking at some questions towards the end of the interview - IMO on the basis that he was thinking as they were asked ''you know who really runs Rovers''

I wish I could plus 1 to that

That sounds worryingly accurate.

I was also at QPR, support or any protest was non existent.

Next home game the whole of Ewood Park should ignore the pitch and focus on Kean and Venkys.

90 minutes of that and both Kean and Venkys would be gone.But we all know thats not going to happen.The well intentioned stroll to Ewood has fallen on deaf ears.

If Chelsea get a couple of early goals it would make a huge difference. There will always be some who will are happy clappy even on the verge of oblivion. That's fine but they have no right to have a holier than thou attitude to supporters who can see the reality of the situation and want to do something about it.

I'm a London based Rovers fan who gets to games when I can. Always support the team as do most of us. Have always considered myself pretty calm and not liable to protest and never have done against a Rovers manager.

Can I just say that I'm about as passionate and angry about this situation as I can ever remember anything to do with Rovers. I think there are a lot like me who, if for example kean were given a new contract, would all too happily join the good work that the protestors have already. put in. Starting to make a banner already!

That sit out idea is a good one I think. If all the fans who want Kean gone are outside the stadium instead of inside, and current results continue, the protest numbers will grow, the stadium needs to look as empty as possible. Then the owners and Kean can't BS and says it's 1% or a minority. The most important thing is for fans to stick together. We've been there through it all, the up's, the downs, the different owners, the different managers, the different squads, and we will continue to be there long after they are all gone. Blackburn Rovers is more than a building with a pitch. It's the community of all our lives. Massively proud of Glenn and all the other organisers.

COYB

I was late joining the protest and got into a small debate with a fellow Rovers fan who was observing. His take was " look at the state of those yobs". My short reply was "yobs? We're in a mess and trying to save our club" simple reply back was "your just a set of yobs causing trouble". I left the situation sharply. Why do more fans not get it?

Personally don't get all this new contract talk - somebody is pulling the strings and feeding rumours to the internet masses. Unfortunately - you just can't believe 99% of what is said about Rovers these days - everything is being twisted by the owners or people that are against the owners. This is nothing against people who are passing on information in good faith - I just think that rumours are being generated deliberately.

Well I think it's pretty obvious that Kean isn't going anywhere after today's press conference. He seemed in a very good mood, in fact.

Lord knows what is going on at Ewood. With every passing day of inactivity it's becoming sadder and sadder.

The Walker Trust were guilty of gross negligence when they sold us into the hands of these crooks.

So-called fans who can't be bothered standing up and fighting for our club turn my stomach. Imagine if 10,000 fans staged a sit-in instead of just the 1,000 die-hards. The apathetic attitude of people who stream out of Ewood every match-day to 'beat the traffic' is just pathetic. Sadly I don't think the passion demonstrated on this forum is an accurate representation of most people who go to games.

If it were I'm quite certain Kean would have been forced out some time ago.

Personally don't get all this new contract talk - somebody is pulling the strings and feeding rumours to the internet masses. Unfortunately - you just can't believe 99% of what is said about Rovers these days - everything is being twisted by the owners or people that are against the owners. This is nothing against people who are passing on information in good faith - I just think that rumours are being generated deliberately.

The easy way to squash the rumours is for the owners and especially Cocco to tell the truth

I was late joining the protest and got into a small debate with a fellow Rovers fan who was observing. His take was " look at the state of those yobs". My short reply was "yobs? We're in a mess and trying to save our club" simple reply back was "your just a set of yobs causing trouble". I left the situation sharply. Why do more fans not get it?

He's obviously had no experience of real yobs at football matches. Real yobs wouldn't have had the dignity to wait till the end and stage a peaceful protest.

Although things are now going that far that I can't help feeling that it's going to turn very nasty sometime. Some people will only be pushed so far. I hope it doesn't get to that but on Sunday I observed tempers getting violent for the first time amongst normally mild mannered fans.

Let's face it we've had our club systematically ripped apart and we're now having our noses rubbed in it by the people who should be looking to put things right.

Archived