BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Major Announcement Today

I would welcome and encourage a PL investigation.

Whatever has happened at this club needs to come out and we need to start afresh with no skeletons.

1 year ago there is no way I would have believed I would be saying these things but something is going on and we need to know what it is.

Maybe we will be fined points (ha, they can't take what we haven't got) or relegated but if that's what it takes to get our Rovers back I would take it.

Currently the owners are taking the pee out of me and you and if they give Kean an extended contract they'll be giving that pee back, all over us.

I'm already at a stage where I have withdrawn spending and I WILL return my tickets if the new contract comes.

I haven't got any tattoo's as I could never imagine anything that I would want on my skin forever as fashions change so much, but I always thought if I did get one it would be a Rovers tattoo as they would ALWAYS be in my life.

It has taken Venky's nearly 12 short months to erradicate that thought as they purposely plummet my club towards championship football and maybe out of existence. Weren't we supposed to judge them after 12 months? Well, I have.

Take me back to to any time in the last 35 years when we had some terrible times but at least the owners were honest and always tried to do right by the club and it's fans.

Cracking post, from the heart and just how so many of us feel, dont like calling people names, but in this instance I have to call Mrs D a deluded self centered, stupid and condescending bitch.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mrs D's obvious personal liking of Kean combined with her zero knowledge of football is wrecking Blackburn Rovers.

It's wrecked, beyond repair.

If she makes the Chelsea game I hope she gets pelted with rotten fruit and eggs during the game. C'mon wake up in the JW stand.

I appreciate there are a few people at the protests who resort to personal insults against Kean and Venky's... i dont think this is immaturity per se, i think it is pure frustration. We are not being listened too. We turn up early and stay late protesting on match days, and NOTHING has changed. It is unbelievably frustrating and this is now coming out at the protests through insults... Every one knows what its like when you start having an intelligent argument with someone and they point blank refuse to listen to what you have to say. Most people in that situation end up getting frustrated and resorting to petty insults.

It doesn't take a genius to see that the ONLY sensible decision that can be made is for Kean to be fired. We are bottom of the league and he has won 6 out of 30 games... if that was any other manager, at any other club they would be gone, but Venky's seem to have been blinded by someone either behind the scenes, or by Kean himself, and have not, and as it seems, probably WILL not give Kean the boot, no matter how obvious we make it that we dont want him, and that he is an AWFUL manager.

I have been to all the protests and marches. They are achieving nothing because at the end of the day neither Venky's or Kean give a damn about us. That's simple enough to tell from the crap they come out with. I wont be using my season ticket again until he is gone. If he receives a bumper new contract, i will be posting it straight back to the club addressed to Mr Steve Kean. I love this club... jesus, I moved from London to Manchester just to be closer to Blackburn, but it's becoming increasingly obvious that this club doesn't give a damn about any of us. Something is very fishy behind the scenes and I don't want to be a part of it.

You need to really bear with me on this but if you want an outsiders opinion here it is. Like it or not, I think some of the viewpoints on this site are the perfect advertisement for not standing shoulder to shoulder and joining in.

From my own point of view whenever there is a level headed and well thought out opinion raised, you can guarantee that the majority on here have a simple black or white view on the owners and Kean, and that view is usually short, blinkered, biased and incorrect. This makes the likes of me want to disassociate themselves from fans who react like that because you then just view them as a comical, narrow minded bunch of back slapping numpties who must lack common sense. It isn't just on here, it's all over the internet and especially bad on the Telegraph website where any page featuring Kean will quicky wrack up 100+ posts from the same people with the same rants such as "Kean is a drink driving, lying donut" etc. So from my perspective, these supporters - although they think they are passionate and think and are doing the right thing by having their voices heard - they are actually alienating the majority of supporters not only from the site, but from siding with them on the terraces. I say this because rightly or wrongly you build an incorrect mental image of these supporters and you can't help but conjure up the Jeremy Kyle guests and audience...which is totally unfair and largely inaccurate as they will be people from all walks of life, but this is my honest opinion and it is shared by many, many supporters.

My outsiders view of the protests is that there also seems to be this massive chip on so many protesters shoulders about being referred to as 1% or the minority. My advice is if you want to grow in numbers and become more succesful, you have to develop a thick skin and rise above it, force yourselves not to make reference to it because the childish reactions you make really weakens your arguement. It is Kean goading you and discrediting your viewpoint and although you are officially a minority in mathematical terms (and always will be until over half of the stadium stays behind) he is twisting reality to make out that the people who leave, support him...they don't and even he doesn't truly believe that. Unfortunately though by biting back and becoming personal with insults, making reference to the drink driving, him being fat and bald, dressing as chickens and ranting about his countless fairytales it doesn't look very good from the outside looking in and although these aren't the majority of the protesters, they are the ones that stand out visually and the ones you can hear the loudest...so again, people will walk out rather than stand alongside you Your sole focus should be results and the lack of them. The only valid arguement that the club's owners has to take onboard is our increasingly appalling results record - focus on this and the support will swell

Hope I haven't offended the masses too much and people can actually read this in the constructive way that it is meant.

Is it really Mrs D or is it Anderson doing the dirty work from the broom cupboard ?

It's Anderson, in my eyes. Reading everything here today truly makes me think that Venky's are the people said to be in charge, but Anderson and his agency are the ones actually running the show. Which would be illegal. And a Premier League investigation would be perfect.

You need to really bear with me on this but if you want an outsiders opinion here it is. Like it or not, I think some of the viewpoints on this site are the perfect advertisement for not standing shoulder to shoulder and joining in.

From my own point of view whenever there is a level headed and well thought out opinion raised, you can guarantee that the majority on here have a simple black or white view on the owners and Kean, and that view is usually short, blinkered, biased and incorrect. This makes the likes of me want to disassociate themselves from fans who react like that because you then just view them as a comical, narrow minded bunch of back slapping numpties who must lack common sense. It isn't just on here, it's all over the internet and especially bad on the Telegraph website where any page featuring Kean will quicky wrack up 100+ posts from the same people with the same rants such as "Kean is a drink driving, lying donut" etc. So from my perspective, these supporters - although they think they are passionate and think and are doing the right thing by having their voices heard - they are actually alienating the majority of supporters not only from the site, but from siding with them on the terraces. I say this because rightly or wrongly you build an incorrect mental image of these supporters and you can't help but conjure up the Jeremy Kyle guests and audience...which is totally unfair and largely inaccurate as they will be people from all walks of life, but this is my honest opinion and it is shared by many, many supporters.

My outsiders view of the protests is that there also seems to be this massive chip on so many protesters shoulders about being referred to as 1% or the minority. My advice is if you want to grow in numbers and become more succesful, you have to develop a thick skin and rise above it, force yourselves not to make reference to it because the childish reactions you make really weakens your arguement. It is Kean goading you and discrediting your viewpoint and although you are officially a minority in mathematical terms (and always will be until over half of the stadium stays behind) he is twisting reality to make out that the people who leave, support him...they don't and even he doesn't truly believe that. Unfortunately though by biting back and becoming personal with insults, making reference to the drink driving, him being fat and bald, dressing as chickens and ranting about his countless fairytales it doesn't look very good from the outside looking in and although these aren't the majority of the protesters, they are the ones that stand out visually and the ones you can hear the loudest...so again, people will walk out rather than stand alongside you Your sole focus should be results and the lack of them. The only valid arguement that the club's owners has to take onboard is our increasingly appalling results record - focus on this and the support will swell

Hope I haven't offended the masses too much and people can actually read this in the constructive way that it is meant.

Personally think you make some great points.

As one who has protested I am appalled by some of the bile spilled on the LET website and have commented as much.

Having said that, surely every rovers fan is aware of Kean's abysmal record? Yet there is a still a great deal of apathy.

I think should the owners give Kean a new contract, that will be the tipping point for the silent majority.

reluctantnicko Alan Nixon on twitter

Did hear there would be changes ... And not the manager.

I think Nicko is now way out of the loop - he's only reactive now. Anyone on here could have written that.

Some good points Pedro, however a lot of the match going fanbase do not have a clue about what gets said on sites like this and arent particulary arsed.

The way I see it is that Rovers fans have had it good for a long time, Ewood has been a very pleasant place to be for the last 20 years and this has bred a complacency in the fanbase. Things have gone horribly awry this last year, but some fans just won't go the extra mile. Lack of passion? Apathetic? Not sure.

I listened and chatted to a load of people around me on Sunday, I heard a combination of

1) 'yeah I marched, Kean is x, y, z, see you at the sit in'

2) 'That chanting in the City game, no place for that' 'So, how do you make your feelings known?' 'Listen I'm no Kean fan but after the game, not during' (game ends, said fan goes straight home)

3) 'Protests? Ha, half of em wernt even born when we had it proper bad, playing Oxford and all that'.

4) Results carry on like this and he'll go, don't worry about that'.

Point 4 is usually the case at normal football clubs, it is not up to the fans to remove managers, owners look at their bottom line, look at the stats and pull the trigger- case in point, Paul Ince. But if our fans continue down the 'it'll be reight' path, we will sleepwalk to disaster.

Great to have a constuctive response from you Mattyblue, I often feel like a pantomime villain on here for seeing things differently. I'll hold my hands up and say that I fell into category 4...but I thought that the event would and should have happened after the Spurs game. If we draw or lose at Norwich and it doesn't happen I will hold my hands up and admit to being wrong to doubt that there is something very wrong about Kean's untouchable position of power at Ewood.

What could be worst......Venkys remaining in charge, actively looking for a buyer and probable relegation OR Rovers being investigated by the PL, points deduction and relegation?

A points deduction, SEM/Kentaro/Anderson/Venky's/Kean removed and we can move forward.

I don't understand how the players and the club can be deducted points for the board, owners and agents mistakes, while they get off free. Look at Juventus in 2006. Disregarding the information that came out this year about the punishments being absurd anyway, Juventus were punished even though Luciano Moggi and co. had left the club. Moggi was banned from football, but Juventus still walk around with that punishment because they were the ones that "profited" from it. What are we profiting from?

On to this parachute payment. Anyone else think that they're sending us down to get that money, then run, selling the club and making a profit? They've stripped us of Jones already. Hoilett is probably next, then Olsson, we'll go down, get the parachute payment, and they'll take that too.

Archived