BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Major Announcement Today

Just watched that myself. God, I would love to go up to him and slap that smirk clean off his bake. I have no idea where he gets this idea that the majority of the fans support the way the team is trying to play. It's like this, unless you are one of handful of clubs in world football and I'm talking about Barcelona, AC Milan, Manchester United, Ajax, Real Madrid and Arsenal, fans in general don't give a stuff about how their team plays as long as they win. Yeah, we'd all love our teams to play open, expansive, one touch football and win, but it's not going to happen. We have done neither under Kean, so I wish to hell he would stop talking about the majority of the fans, like they are behind him and it's a only a few loud mouths causing the bother.

Every time I hear him speak and talk about how their are positives to be taken, how the players and owners are behind him and how he believes he can turn things around, just makes me despise him even more.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Not as artistic as you it seems.

It's a gift :P

But seriously we went with good intentions if nothing good came off it then so be it, I still hope against hope that these Kean rumours are untrue and proper action will be took

I posted yesterday that if the conference call to India went wrong then a couple of senior people at Ewood would leave/lose their job. I have also heard the Paul Hunt rumour, if it is true then he is one of the people involved who asked Mrs D to sack Kean and that has resulted in him losing his own job.

I have everything crossed that this isn't true because not only will Rovers lose Paul Hunt but will also mean that Mrs D has decided to ignore the advice of people at Ewood and retain Kean as manager.

If this is true then the time really has come for the PL or the FA to get involved and conduct a very thorough investigation into what is going on at the top level inside Rovers. By this I mean they need to ask who is really running the show as it is obvious to anybody that knows anything about the game and how clubs are managed that there is something very very fishy going on at BRFC. Who is the REAL power behind the throne, and HOW did this situation arise??

We need answers to these questions, and if it means the owners being kicked out and the club relegated then so be it. Sad though that will be for all of us fans, it is surely far better in the long run than to continue as we are.

If this is true then the time really has come for the PL or the FA to get involved and conduct a very thorough investigation into what is going on at the top level inside Rovers. By this I mean they need to ask who is really running the show as it is obvious to anybody that knows anything about the game and how clubs are managed that there is something very very fishy going on at BRFC. Who is the REAL power behind the throne, and HOW did this situation arise??

We need answers to these questions, and if it means the owners being kicked out and the club relegated then so be it. Sad though that will be for all of us fans, it is surely far better in the long run than to continue as we are.

I thought that one of the board members contacted Jack Straw?

Going to bed, another sleepless night for us fans. I can't ever remember being this stressed about anything football related. Not even the last time we were relegated. I still had faith the right people were there and had the best intentions and know how to get us up again. Tomorrow shall be another testing day I guess. Night all

I've got a stack of PM I daren't read. They are normally either people wanting me to do stuff, reminding me of stuff I promised to do and forgot about, or accusing me of being a collaborator ... so I tackle them when I'm in a good mood (Ask SAR, I put him off for months at a time, but I always reply eventually ;) ).

:blink: you owe me about 4 replies :D

You need to really bear with me on this but if you want an outsiders opinion here it is. Like it or not, I think some of the viewpoints on this site are the perfect advertisement for not standing shoulder to shoulder and joining in.

From my own point of view whenever there is a level headed and well thought out opinion raised, you can guarantee that the majority on here have a simple black or white view on the owners and Kean, and that view is usually short, blinkered, biased and incorrect. This makes the likes of me want to disassociate themselves from fans who react like that because you then just view them as a comical, narrow minded bunch of back slapping numpties who must lack common sense. It isn't just on here, it's all over the internet and especially bad on the Telegraph website where any page featuring Kean will quicky wrack up 100+ posts from the same people with the same rants such as "Kean is a drink driving, lying donut" etc. So from my perspective, these supporters - although they think they are passionate and think and are doing the right thing by having their voices heard - they are actually alienating the majority of supporters not only from the site, but from siding with them on the terraces. I say this because rightly or wrongly you build an incorrect mental image of these supporters and you can't help but conjure up the Jeremy Kyle guests and audience...which is totally unfair and largely inaccurate as they will be people from all walks of life, but this is my honest opinion and it is shared by many, many supporters.

My outsiders view of the protests is that there also seems to be this massive chip on so many protesters shoulders about being referred to as 1% or the minority. My advice is if you want to grow in numbers and become more succesful, you have to develop a thick skin and rise above it, force yourselves not to make reference to it because the childish reactions you make really weakens your arguement. It is Kean goading you and discrediting your viewpoint and although you are officially a minority in mathematical terms (and always will be until over half of the stadium stays behind) he is twisting reality to make out that the people who leave, support him...they don't and even he doesn't truly believe that. Unfortunately though by biting back and becoming personal with insults, making reference to the drink driving, him being fat and bald, dressing as chickens and ranting about his countless fairytales it doesn't look very good from the outside looking in and although these aren't the majority of the protesters, they are the ones that stand out visually and the ones you can hear the loudest...so again, people will walk out rather than stand alongside you Your sole focus should be results and the lack of them. The only valid arguement that the club's owners has to take onboard is our increasingly appalling results record - focus on this and the support will swell

Hope I haven't offended the masses too much and people can actually read this in the constructive way that it is meant.

A well written post.

Living outside of the UK I regret that I have been unable to participate directly in the protests before and after recent games.

From what I have read on this MB and elsewhere the protests have been well organised and the protesters in the main very well behaved. There will always be a minority who are perhaps over the top.

However peaceful protest is thankfully still allowable in Blackburn, Lancashire unlike many other parts of the World so my hope is that protests continue based correctly on the appalling record of the current manager.

To view protests and the protesters based on the actions of a few is IMO taking a blinkered if not biased view of the masses

Suggestions on how to run a protest, other than one that involves sitting on the fence, would I am sure be welcomed by the current protest organisers who IMO are doing a great job.

There are 4 ways to make a statment at home games.

1) Don't attend the game

2) Leave at half time

3) Turn your Back while the game is being played

4) Go to the stadium, but don't go in and protest

The 3rd suggestion won't happen, but the 1st 2 and the 4th should happen. If the fans keep on going, then Kean will keep on using the " the fans are behind us" nonsense. Tonights game is an ideal opportunity to boycott the game.

There are 4 ways to make a statment at home games.

1) Don't attend the game

2) Leave at half time

3) Turn your Back while the game is being played

4) Go to the stadium, but don't go in and protest

The 3rd suggestion won't happen, but the 1st 2 and the 4th should happen. If the fans keep on going, then Kean will keep on using the " the fans are behind us" nonsense. Tonights game is an ideal opportunity to boycott the game.

Rubbish.

Extremely easy to say from thousands of miles away, but why "should" I miss any game through choice?

Tonight I'll be home around midnight, and need to be up at about 0530 to travel to London tomorrow. Easy decision still to go.

Never willingly miss a game. And going to Ewood and not going through the turnstiles? That really is "nonsense".

I am 100% aware that some the "supporters" who went weren't actually die hard Rovers fans and simply treated it as a holiday. At least one was definitely just the wife of a fan who has no interest in Rovers whatsoever... it was just a wasted opportunity or simply pointless PR exercise.

Well we can 100% agree about that! I don't blame them though and never have.Part of a PR exercise but free holiday-------what the hell!

To back up what Glenn and Tom already posted, the only female member of the Pune 9 attends every single 1st team game home and away, every single reserve team game home and away, helps with the Blackburn End flag before home games, and helps run the Disabled Supporters Club.

It's all very well having a pop at the Pune trip 3 weeks after the event, on the back of some as yet unconfirmed rumours ... however if the rumours turn out to be true then it seems that Venky's own executives who they have installed at Ewood Park can't even get the message through to the owners and that's after two more poor results - so taking a retrospective pop at 9 fans feels below the belt to me.

The problem with that is. Nobody will investigate until a rule has been broken. Sadly no law stopping people being stupid, ignorant, running a football club to the ground. Until there is an actual breach of laws, neither the FA or the Prem can investigate.

If Hunt's gone then the message is clear - either toe the line or lose your job.

Mrs Desai stated on Radio Lancashire, in reference to JW & TF, "they can stay provided they stay in line" or words to that effect - it was January and I'm getting older!!

Rumour suggests a number if employees who presented alternative views to the party line left the club within days of doing so.

There can only be one conclusion from this.

From my own point of view whenever there is a level headed and well thought out opinion raised, you can guarantee that the majority on here have a simple black or white view on the owners and Kean, and that view is usually short, blinkered, biased and incorrect. This makes the likes of me want to disassociate themselves from fans who react like that because you then just view them as a comical, narrow minded bunch of back slapping numpties who must lack common sense. It isn't just on here, it's all over the internet and especially bad on the Telegraph website where any page featuring Kean will quicky wrack up 100+ posts from the same people with the same rants such as "Kean is a drink driving, lying donut" etc. So from my perspective, these supporters - although they think they are passionate and think and are doing the right thing by having their voices heard - they are actually alienating the majority of supporters not only from the site, but from siding with them on the terraces. I say this because rightly or wrongly you build an incorrect mental image of these supporters and you can't help but conjure up the Jeremy Kyle guests and audience...which is totally unfair and largely inaccurate as they will be people from all walks of life, but this is my honest opinion and it is shared by many, many supporters.

My outsiders view of the protests is that there also seems to be this massive chip on so many protesters shoulders about being referred to as 1% or the minority. My advice is if you want to grow in numbers and become more succesful, you have to develop a thick skin and rise above it, force yourselves not to make reference to it because the childish reactions you make really weakens your arguement. It is Kean goading you and discrediting your viewpoint and although you are officially a minority in mathematical terms (and always will be until over half of the stadium stays behind) he is twisting reality to make out that the people who leave, support him...they don't and even he doesn't truly believe that. Unfortunately though by biting back and becoming personal with insults, making reference to the drink driving, him being fat and bald, dressing as chickens and ranting about his countless fairytales it doesn't look very good from the outside looking in and although these aren't the majority of the protesters, they are the ones that stand out visually and the ones you can hear the loudest...so again, people will walk out rather than stand alongside you Your sole focus should be results and the lack of them. The only valid arguement that the club's owners has to take onboard is our increasingly appalling results record - focus on this and the support will swell

I don't know what the march looked like because I couldn't attend myself, but you really do need to look properly at the people protesting. The majority after the game were not people yelling abuse about Kean's drink driving record etc. The majority weren't swearing their heads off, at least not in the chanting. In fact there were many like myself who just wanted to be there with those with banners to make our point that we think the point of no return will soon be reached in terms of the possibility of escaping relegation if Kean is not sacked. Jeremy Kyle? Definitely not. Middle aged and respectable to the point of boring, but this matters. Rovers are not my religion or my family, but Ewood Park is a place where I have enjoyed a good deal of my spare time in the last 12 years or so. I've had the lows of relegation, and it never felt like this. I've had the highs of beating big teams and putting small ones to the sword. I've enjoyed it all with fellow fans from all walks of life, and I now feel about as much pleasure in attending matches as I do going to the dentist for a root canal filling, in fact less because I know at the end of the dentist's work I will be better even if it takes a while whereas watching Rovers becomes more and more painful. I don't want Rovers to slide into oblivion with my not doing anything to say "This is wrong". Because it is wrong - make no mistake about it.

I was prepared to give our new owners and their manager a chance, despite warnings from Philip and others, because I felt, rightly or wrongly, that it was not in the interests of the Venky's group that we fail. I expected to see action when it became obvious that results were not improving. I expected to see action when Kean was convicted of drink driving and lied in court, because I could not see how this squared with the image of a family club that Venky's themselves told us they wanted us to be. I expected to see action when we started this season poorly. I expected to see action when we slipped to the bottom of the table. I've given up expecting to see action because if Kean is not to be sacked but rewarded with a new contract then things really are not right at Rovers. Marching and protesting is probably not going to do anything, but what else is there? Letters are not read or if they are, perfectly reasonable points are not listened to. Like many I don't want to stand back and do nothing because that means they, Venkys/Andersen/Kean have won.

English people don't get wound up easily - it's anything for a quiet life generally, but if Venky's push hard enough they will also come up against the "we won't be beaten" attitude that is also very much part of our national psyche. We have to fight. We don't have many weapons and what we have doesn't seem very effective, but if we all used them, they just might do the job.

You need to really bear with me on this but if you want an outsiders opinion here it is. Like it or not, I think some of the viewpoints on this site are the perfect advertisement for not standing shoulder to shoulder and joining in.

Hope I haven't offended the masses too much and people can actually read this in the constructive way that it is meant.

criticism of Kean for being a drink driver is hardly personnel, its the tip of the iceberg with regard to the poor judgement the man possesses, and is definitely not an irrelevance in my view.

What doesn't make sense is that Vneky's are almost ceraitn to lose ten of millions of pounds if Kean stays in his job.

Not if they asset strip Paul. Sell off the squad and Brockhall, keep two tears parachute payments. I would suggest that would leave them with a healthy profit.

Maybe that has been the fallback plan all along.

Not if they asset strip Paul. Sell off the squad and Brockhall, keep two tears parachute payments. I would suggest that would leave them with a healthy profit.

Maybe that has been the plan all along.

If they wanted to do that surely they would have bought a team with more valuable land and that team might not have even been in the EPL.

Plenty of old teams have grounds with in cities that must be worth a fortune.

If they wanted to do that surely they would have bought a team with more valuable land and that team might not have even been in the EPL.

Plenty of old teams have grounds with in cities that must be worth a fortune.

I would suggest Brockhall is worth plenty with planning permission.

A squad outside the EPL would be worth a whole lot less than Rovers.

To back up what Glenn and Tom already posted, the only female member of the Pune 9 attends every single 1st team game home and away, every single reserve team game home and away, helps with the Blackburn End flag before home games, and helps run the Disabled Supporters Club.

It's all very well having a pop at the Pune trip 3 weeks after the event, on the back of some as yet unconfirmed rumours ... however if the rumours turn out to be true then it seems that Venky's own executives who they have installed at Ewood Park can't even get the message through to the owners and that's after two more poor results - so taking a retrospective pop at 9 fans feels below the belt to me.

I tend to agree with Tris on this. All who went to Pune are Rovers fans and the those who I know personally have plenty on integrity IMO: Glenn, SteB, o2g and even Tris himself!!

I was critical of the Pune trip from the outset but do recognise that getting access to the Rao's probably made the trip worthwhile and I have no doubt that the 4 mentioned above ( this is no disrespect to Tom etc who I do not know) gave a very clear account of our concerns from a fans point of view.

Let's move on from Pune please and focus on Mr Donut Kean and on getting the Venkys to act.

Archived