BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFCS Sportsmans Dinner

Spoke to Simon Garner today and he said he will try and make sure he is available for the dinner!

Bloody hell, you're good. It took me weeks to track down a number for him and then I only managed to get as far as his agent. Top Work.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little off topic, but I went to a sportsmans dinner organised by thenonda. The guest speaker was ex liverpool full back Alan Kennedy. He was good. Going back through his playing career, he recollected with pride his appearances for England. "Me and Kenny Sansom represented England 88 times between us". "trouble was, that little fat barstard got 86 of 'em". :lol:

Probably not funny on the internet now, but it was funny at the time.

• Backroom

Last one I went to had Nobby Styles' son as a guest speaker / comedian, funny guy but a lot of his stuff wouldn't fly in any other sort of occasion.

I may be able to ask Glenn Keeley, it's been a while but I knew him quite well. I'll let you know.

I know an events organiser with a huge phone book of what could be very interesting people. I'll ask if she would recommend anyone in particular for something like this, and more importantly what kind of cost we are talking.

I would be very interested in attending.

A little off topic, but I went to a sportsmans dinner organised by thenonda. The guest speaker was ex liverpool full back Alan Kennedy. He was good. Going back through his playing career, he recollected with pride his appearances for England. "Me and Kenny Sansom represented England 88 times between us". "trouble was, that little fat barstard got 86 of 'em". :lol:

Probably not funny on the internet now, but it was funny at the time.

Been to an Alan Kennedy night courtesy White Coppice Cricket Club and heard the exact same gag!

Ages since I went to one Duncan Mckenzie was last one.

Funniest I ever saw was wandering Walter

I used to work alongside Wandering Walter at Farington Foundry at Leyland Bus and Truck. I was a maintenance fitter and he was an oiler/greaser. Top bloke.

Also worked in Spurrier Works at Leyland near to Den of BRFCS.....also a top bloke! :rolleyes:

I used to work alongside Wandering Walter at Farington Foundry at Leyland Bus and Truck. I was a maintenance fitter and he was an oiler/greaser. Top bloke.

Also worked in Spurrier Works at Leyland near to Den of BRFCS.....also a top bloke! :rolleyes:

Ah yes, Walter Horam. Ex PNE player Joe Dunn also worked there. A couple of famous names there were George Best and the guy I used to take to Rovers games, Colin Bell. Obviously the last two weren't THE GB and CB.

• Backroom

mods....think bout having your sportsmans evening at mytton fold, in the abby suite.

good setting for such an evening. not sure bout the costs etc etc and plus....i work there :lol:

That's where I got wed, the owners and staff were great back in 2009 but I think it changed hands shortly after

• Backroom

Again do you think that's a good date seeing as Ste B said he can't make it and is one of the 2 guys that run the site? I personally think it should be a date when they can both attend.

Archived