BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who is worse Roberto Martínez or Steve Kean?

chris

both teams adrift at the bottom now, even if one teams wins they can't catch 18th.

Who is worse though?, because surely the loser HAS to be sacked and the winner will get more time.

Kean has taken Blackburn to the pit of the league but it could be worse we could have Roberto Martínez in charge.

thats my vote, Roberto Martínez is even worse then Kean.

Kean is worse, Martinez manages a team with even less resources than ours, One with a very small fan base in a Rugby town, He is loyal and could have gone Villa, There supporters idolise him as an ex player of theirs. Wigan have come from non league to Prem league in a small space of time. They have very little money and he never spent £20 million this summer.

On top of that he has a track record from Swansea

Martinez got Swansea promoted, has vastly more experience, seems a decent fellow, was in demand in the summer and has a better win percentage. He's had less money to spend than Kean and had a lesser squad to start with (in my opinion).

Kean got himself promoted... And that's where it ends.

both teams adrift at the bottom now, even if one teams wins they can't catch 18th.

Who is worse though?, because surely the loser HAS to be sacked and the winner will get more time.

Kean has taken Blackburn to the pit of the league but it could be worse we could have Roberto Martínez in charge.

thats my vote, Roberto Martínez is even worse then Kean.

Could you clarify the question, worse at what, it is a bit open so could you narrow it down a bit, I am struggling to think of anything that Martinez might be worse at, unless he has banged Mrs D and she didn't like it

Roberto Martinez is actually a Manager with a track record of success before the Wigan appointment.

Kean is a non-entity.

Basically what I was going to post.

No contest between the two.

sorry chris you are wrong all that matters is their win % and coco's is the worst in EPL history and at least with Martinez he will come on admit if his side were not good enough coco obviously believes the sky is green everything in the garden is rosy we will be buying Ronaldinho in Jan 2 totally different one recognises his team are in trouble the other has his head so far up the Rao's Back**** he should be a clown in the circus.

Martinez comes across as a genuinely nice person managing the smallest team ever to be in this league that likely struggles to attract players more than any other team with as good an owner/chairman as any fan could ever want that despises agents.

Kean comes across as an untrustworthy bootlicker managing a team with a good youth system that should'nt struggle to attract half decent players with agents seemingly running the show and owners that are gormless.

If Martinez was here i would be slightly less worried about our predicament and 100% sure i'd have more tme for the manager as a human being...........utter contempt for coco hit its ceiling level months ago.

Pointless debate really even with Mourinho in charge i would'nt expect wigan to be too far away from where they are now but i'd fully expect comfortable midtable mediocrity from any manager worth his salt at rovers, Scary to think how bad wigan could be if kean was in charge there.

Martinez performed a minor miracle keeping Wigan up last season. They're a poor team though, I don't think he can do it again. Perhaps he should adopt different tactics, but they did keep them up last year.

I think Martinez will go on to bigger and better things. Comparisons to Kean are very unjust, Martinez has a strong record to show he's capable. Kean has (and is) nothing.

I've heard Roberto Martinez has to work on a shoestring budget and here too, he's rather well aligned with the top brass, Whelan at Wigan and that his job is pretty secure. I've heard this but I don't know if it is all true.

http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2011/11/06/england/premier-league/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/wigan-athletic-football-club/1117148/

To me, it seems like they have some fairly good players but sorry to say, they have not been very strong for at least 2 years and a conspiracy of bad luck for Blackpool and Birmingham probably kept Wigan up last year, let alone West Ham in the cellar who faired so poorly.

I was just saying I'd be even more worried with Roberto Martinez.

Roberto Martinez has taken a wigan side and destoryed it, at least we have good players, we have hope.

They have nothing thanks to Roberto Martinez.

We will see Satyrday who is the better manager, because Roberto Martinez has had more time then Kean to make his mess.

Who ever loses that match MUST be sacked.

Infact I couldn't be more nervous already.

I like Martinez, he is actually a good manager, and I hope they dont sack him, however - maybe Venkys need to see someone else sacking their manager before they consider to do the same? :mellow:

Who is worse - Martinez or Steve Kean? Is that really a proper question? :wacko:

I was just saying I'd be even more worried with Roberto Martinez.

Roberto Martinez has taken a wigan side and destoryed it, at least we have good players, we have hope.

They have nothing thanks to Roberto Martinez.

We will see Satyrday who is the better manager, because Roberto Martinez has had more time then Kean to make his mess.

Who ever loses that match MUST be sacked.

Infact I couldn't be more nervous already.

what the hell was so good about the team martinez inherited???? lost the stroppy little bitch n'zogbia in the summer but seriously can't think of what quality players he inherited.............sure wigan fans are cut up titus ain't associated with them anymore.

Just wiki'd martinez qualified physio as well? could be very handy with some of our sicknotes

noted off wiki cattermole/palacios/zaki/ all went before martinez took over he inherited a right sack of crap.

fed up now.just ^^^^ off kean

Archived