BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Pune9 Strikes Back

sentient

I think, if you are financially/physically/logistically able you should be down at Ewood on match day supporting the players as they play for Blackburn Rovers Football Club. That is all.

To get good and honest feedback surely you need a true cross section of fans???

Rather than just fans who will pay for a s/t no matter what.

The club need to know how to get fans onside like gord, and those that pick and choose games....

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I doubt they would pay for a season ticket just because it was there, SAS. They'd have to have a reason for it, and what better reason that supporting the club.

Having said that, I am a great believer in customer service, and paying supporters are customers as far as I am concerned. Currently I'm not convinced that Rovers' customer service is as it should be. The fans deserve better, in my view.

So it's obvious from this that the FF members are not going to be proactive and actually "do something". Instead they will be listening on their string-and-yoghurt-pot communicators for signs of improvement! ffs Glen, Tom, Ste and the others ... are you truely happy with that?

Forget about the en-masse resignation, I know you aren't going to do it. But what about the letter asking about the £100m mortagage? Aren't you even slightly concerned about that? I know that I am.

And by the way, if I was to make an application to join the FF can you please explain the procedure that will be followed for its consideration and do you have an estimate for how long that would take? Would the process be complete before the club enters administration?

Thanks for your efforts.

Well I made my stand and still believe I am correct. Those chicken chaps are not having a penny of my hard earned dosh, at least my tickets have gone to people who will "enjoy" the experience.I

I will be at Wigan, and at Cardiff......but not Ewood. I have not missed the last few home games one bit I am sad to say.

Went to Fleetwood v Wycombe yesterday, great day and chatted to 2 ex Rovers regulars.

The FF could lead the way here by calling on the Raos to sell the club. Make them aware that if they refuse to sell to a buyer that could move the club further forwards than they can, the fans will never forgive them.

A chance for the FF to make their voice heard.

What are you really trying achieve by staying away from Ewood? Hurt the club financially? Help make the stadium look emptier?

If you're of the opinion that the owners are trying to asset strip the club then how is any of that going to help? Even if half of the normal attendance stopped coming for a season, the amount of money the club would lose is so minimal (about 3 million). That's not even 10% of our wage bill. What would it matter anyway? Club would still be destroyed, and they still would've made the money they needed to.

If you're of the opinion that the owners are incompetent and stubborn then how is any of that going to help? Hurting the club financially won't make it easier for the owners to right their mistakes, it will make it harder, in the end only the club suffers. Empty seats will only be seen and felt by the players. I'm sure they will feel inspired to try and win matches for a half-empty crowd who seemingly doesn't care. The public won't say "look at what Venky's caused... the seats are empty!" They'll say, "what a pathetic club, they barely have a fanbase".

If you're a supporter, SUPPORT the club. All these actions are doing is the OPPOSITE. Forget everything that goes on behind the scenes for a second. Yes we are in the relegation zone, but do we not have a great team of players that we can really be proud of? Robinson, Samba, Givet, Olsson, Lowe, N'zonzi, Pedersen, Rochina, Formica, Hoilett. I'm really proud to be a supporter of a team with these players. Do we not have the cheapest tickets of any team in the league? Do we not have one of the best and most historic grounds in England? Are these not good enough reasons to continue supporting the club on match days?

I find it bizarre when people say things like "Venky's have ripped the heart and soul out of this club". What have they exactly changed at the club to have caused this? Rename The Blackburn End stand to The Ronnie Clayton stand? Keep a manager you don't like in charge? Ignore all the stories about what goes on behind the scenes, just focus on what's different on a match day and tell me, I really want to know.

The players are all good lads but make no mistake if another club came in with a better offer they'd be off in an instant. Their support of the club is as important to them as their last pay packet. In effect you are asking me to show loyalty to people 90% 0f whom do not possess a shred of that particular commodity.

What you are suggesting better suits those who stand in fields all day eating grass with wooly coats on miker..... and once a year they get fleeced too.

Problem is, den, I don't think they care.

Giving up/in is a matter of principle for them. They need a way out where they sell out and look good.

E.g. They make a nice profit and any of: they become shirt /g round sponsor for a period of time; they continue some kind of franchise to create an Indian Rovers team / academy; they agree a deal to have some kind of feeder arrangement for Indian players.

Walking away and keeping 'face' would be very important, I expect...

Having said that, I am a great believer in customer service, and paying supporters are customers as far as I am concerned. Currently I'm not convinced that Rovers' customer service is as it should be. The fans deserve better, in my view.

Exactly and a point I made on the Pune thread. The supporters and the FF are customers! Instead of gleefully taking the Queens shilling in such demeaning fashion you should have politely refused and insisted any meeting take place over here. As it is when they snapped their fingers you were trailed over there, put on display and the person whose name is over the shop door couldn't even be bothered to see you. In a nutshell you've been used. Hope you like the feeling.

The FF could lead the way here by calling on the Raos to sell the club. Make them aware that if they refuse to sell to a buyer that could move the club further forwards than they can, the fans will never forgive them.

How much more effective would that have been if 10,000+ had been on the marches? Certainly for the 2nd one after Kean had stated that there was only about 100 on the 1st march and that 99% of rovers fans supported his managership. How the hell could so many BRFC supporters be so spineless and gutless to take criticism of their fellow supporters by that little creep lying down? :angry2:

You nearly always get what you deserve in this life.

A chance for the FF to make their voice heard.

Problem is Den, is that I think that even if we wanted to do that, I'm not sure it would be listened to.

Something like the BRST could easily issue statements though.

Exactly and a point I made on the Pune thread. The supporters and the FF are customers! Instead of gleefully taking the Queens shilling in such demeaning fashion you should have politely refused and insisted any meeting take place over here. As it is when they snapped their fingers you were trailed over there, put on display and the person whose name is over the shop door couldn't even be bothered to see you. In a nutshell you've been used. Hope you like the feeling.

I'm not a member of the Fans Forum and Mr Roversmum and I went as personal guests, so I have no regrets whatsoever. It was an experience that at our time of life we are unlikely to get again and we enjoyed every minute.

I think, if you are financially/physically/logistically able you should be down at Ewood on match day supporting the players as they play for Blackburn Rovers Football Club. That is all.

I'm not a member of the Fans Forum and Mr Roversmum and I went as personal guests, so I have no regrets whatsoever. It was an experience that at our time of life we are unlikely to get again and we enjoyed every minute.

My quoted post didn't say you were a member of the FFF.

btw rmum I'm so glad you enjoyed your free holiday of a lifetime. No wonder you can shell out a measly £200 for a ST when you can enjoy free holidays. Next time might I recommend you go through Thompsons like the rest of us have to?

Yes I agree. Rmum is a disgrace. I cannotbelieve she's from bburn...should know better

Roversmum is one of the only people left on this messageboard who has not descended into complete lunacy and been swayed by ludicrous allegations against the owners which are 100% fabricated. The people that are a disgrace are the ones calling for violence and would have probably been first in line to join Hitler's army after being convinced about the evil, nation-destroying Jews.

Roversmum is one of the only people left on this messageboard who has not descended into complete lunacy and been swayed by ludicrous allegations against the owners which are 100% fabricated. The people that are a disgrace are the ones calling for violence and would have probably been first in line to join Hitler's army after being convinced about the evil, nation-destroying Jews.

:lol:

This cannot be for real miker? Today of all days! You are on a wind up Yeah?

It's ok we all know you have been bought off by Venkys. Just don't think you will be enjoying it so much when your children have no football club to support.

btw rmum I'm so glad you enjoyed your free holiday of a lifetime. No wonder you can shell out a measly £200 for a ST when you can enjoy free holidays. Next time might I recommend you go through Thompsons like the rest of us have to?

Thank you, Drog. I'd love to book holidays through Thompsons but unfortunately I can't afford to. I went to Hong Kong in the summer to support the team with the last of my savings. We are pensioners and it's years since we had a holiday as our family and their education come first. So I was grateful for the opportunity to visit India and to see Rovers there was the icing on the cake. Not that I need to explain myself but I really don't need the abuse thank you, although I guess I should expect it from you.

Anyway, I'm off to the Remembrance Sunday Parade. Some things are more important even than football.

LOL she is the one that has been swayed by a bit of Venkys money and hospitality in India.

Tread carefully people, we (me included) might not agree with Roversmum's view of the Rao's but let's keep the personal comments out of this.

Having (I expect) been a Rovers fan for longer than a lot of us have been alive, and probably spent multiples more cash into Rovers than the cost of this holiday, she has every right to take a personal invite for what it is.

Says the guy who only goes to Ewood when it's free hospitality?

Yet you would have turned down this trip. That doesn't really stack up does it? Accepts free tickets but not free holidays? Ok.

:rock::wstu:

Says the guy who only goes to Ewood when it's free hospitality?

Yet you would have turned down this trip. That doesn't really stack up does it? Accepts free tickets but not free holidays? Ok.

i will have a fiver a game on games that gord has been to more than you? fancy it?

Perhaps I am falling prey to propaganda. Perhaps Venkys have the best interests of Rovers at heart and perhaps Steve Kean is truly a brilliant manager.

I stand willing to be convinced; can you tell me exactly how Venkys have improved the Rovers?

Perhaps you cannot provide a rationale response to the question. To give you credit, it is perhaps true that Venkys have had a host of false charges laid at their door, as I don't know the truth of the various rumors circulating. What I do believe to be true, however, is that Venkys have created an environment and made decisions which make those rumors utterly believable.

If Venkys don't want to sell and want the fans on board, they need to: 1) get rid of Kean and appoint a competent, experienced manager; 2) appointment an experienced, respected chairman and let him run the club; and, 3) build bridges with the fans instead of pulling them down, as they seem intent on doing.

In short, Venkys have created Venkys' problems.

But again, exactly how have Venkys improved the Rovers?

Archived