BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Pune9 Strikes Back

sentient

Forget about the en-masse resignation, I know you aren't going to do it. But what about the letter asking about the £100m mortagage? Aren't you even slightly concerned about that? I know that I am.

This is a very fair point. This is something that could be very worrying to the long-term future of the club.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says the guy who only goes to Ewood when it's free hospitality?

Yet you would have turned down this trip. That doesn't really stack up does it? Accepts free tickets but not free holidays? Ok.

I've already said that it's not free. all those tickets have been bought and paid for. I don't think you are up to speed with this. Go and read the last few pages again.

btw I could have gone on a 2 week freebie to India 3 years ago. Proper holiday incorporating Delhi, taj mahal, jaipur, aggra.... I declined politely. Two years earlier I decided against a similar free trip to Nepal and Katmandu. A 3 week trip to california the year after... also declined politely. You are possibly young enough to be influenced by travelling the world on freebies, maybe your background and upbringing is responsible for your materialistic attitude but don't categorise me on your own shallow values.

There's no such thing as a free lunch, Venky's used the trip as a PR stunt.

Surely the Fans Forum is there to act as a communication channel to the club. If so, why does it seem to be at times when the club want to talk? Times like this surely need the FF to be taking the lead in trying to get some reassurance about some worrying rumours/developments.

Thank you, Drog. I'd love to book holidays through Thompsons but unfortunately I can't afford to. I went to Hong Kong in the summer to support the team with the last of my savings. We are pensioners and it's years since we had a holiday as our family and their education come first. So I was grateful for the opportunity to visit India and to see Rovers there was the icing on the cake. Not that I need to explain myself but I really don't need the abuse thank you, although I guess I should expect it from you.

Anyway, I'm off to the Remembrance Sunday Parade. Some things are more important even than football.

I don't blame you for going. I'm glad you had a great time.

However to come back championing Venkys cause in the face of all the evidence is a bit like rubbing our noses in it.

Do you still feel they have the club's best interests at heart and that they have the money to satisfy the dreams of every Rovers' fan?

That's what matters, not this personal stuff.

Finally, on a non-Mum-related topic, I'm angry at people who bring the fate of the Jews in the 1930's and 40's into arguments about football. Its a tawdry thing to do. What they suffered is beyond anything we can even dream about in our worst nightmares and has no place on here.

Thank you, Drog. I'd love to book holidays through Thompsons but unfortunately I can't afford to. I went to Hong Kong in the summer to support the team with the last of my savings. We are pensioners and it's years since we had a holiday as our family and their education come first. So I was grateful for the opportunity to visit India and to see Rovers there was the icing on the cake. Not that I need to explain myself but I really don't need the abuse thank you, although I guess I should expect it from you.

Anyway, I'm off to the Remembrance Sunday Parade. Some things are more important even than football.

Hi Mum, may I begin by saying I admire your commitment to Rovers over many years and whilst I either don’t understand or agree with the vast majority of your posts I absolutely support your right to post without others resorting to any kind of abuse, but and I am sorry if I have missed it I keep seeing lots of people asking you for your opinion on exactly what the Venkeys have done to improve Rovers over the last 12 months, the down sides are clear and easy for us all to see, I would love to hear your take on the positives.

I hope the Remembrance Sunday Parade was as well supported and as moving as the one I attended.

Now to date, the second meeting which was promised has not been penciled in, and there lies the problem.

We will 100% continue until the club finally comes to the table and starts communicating the truth.

Glen - do you not think that your internet rant on November 6th may have burned some bridges?

Glen - do you not think that your internet rant on November 6th may have burned some bridges?

Not at all, as we have had contact since and tbh, There is little point talking with the club if the information or discussions can't be discussed with all supporters.This is part of the problem. Too much is discussed off record when supporters crave closure, I wouldnt be being true to myself or others, if I settled for things which could not be shared

One Mr PR guy is not an employee, and tbh I don't really care what he has to say, I have been very open with the club on that matter.

Whilst we may have somewhat different views to Mum when it comes to those dreadful owners at least whe has been honest about her trip to Pune, it was a private invite and she went....how many others would turn this down? Lets focus on the absent owners, Agnew and Kean rather than having a go at fellow Rovers fans just because they have the balls (sorry Mum !!) to say what they believe and it happens to contradict our own opinions.

It's the wrong question, Abbey :P

I'm not at all happy with the way things have gone in the past year. I can see the reasoning behind some decisions but that isn't to say I agree with them. You already know what those decisions are so no point in going over it all again.

I am saddened by the lack of communication with the fans in general. There are issues to be addressed as I'm sure you are more than aware. I had some moments of hope but until I see some changes those moments are past. I do believe the family are here long term but bridges need to be built starting immediately in my view. Procrastination can only result in tears. India is an amazing place but home is where the heart is and the home and heart of Blackburn Rovers is Ewood Park which is as it should be.

Thank you, PB. I also went with the hope I could make a difference. I still hope I can, somehow.

With all due respect Mum, what was your input to any debate held in Pune?...did you actually speak to any of the Roa's

Regarding the FF, we are all aware that we will be graced with Venky's presence very soon,has any formal invitation been forwarded to them to meet you all in Blackburn and talk about our problems and concerns?......................

With all due respect Mum, what was your input to any debate held in Pune?...did you actually speak to any of the Roa's

Regarding the FF, we are all aware that we will be graced with Venky's presence very soon,has any formal invitation been forwarded to them to meet you all in Blackburn and talk about our problems and concerns?......................

I had no input with the 'Pune 9' debate. I was not there nor expected to be.

I did meet the family. I was very impressed with their - yes, I will use the words - passion and commitment to the Club and their knowledge of it. There were a few issues covered but I am not prepared to discuss further private conversation except to say I felt very hopeful that there were good things to come.

I had no input with the 'Pune 9' debate. I was not there nor expected to be.

I did meet the family. I was very impressed with their - yes, I will use the words - passion and commitment to the Club and their knowledge of it. There were a few issues covered but I am not prepared to discuss further private conversation except to say I felt very hopeful that there were good things to come.

They don't seem to have much passion for the supporters, threatening legal action for speaking out!

mind you what would one expect with Indian new money

They don't seem to have much passion for the supporters, threatening legal action for speaking out!

mind you what would one expect with Indian new money

They are not threatening legal action for speaking out but for people peddling malicious lies with no substance.

I have heard the rumours and if there was ANY evidence then a newspaper would have picked it up by now. I said this before and I'll say it again, Venkys are honourable people and are not fraudsters, doing a very poor job of running a football club, that's clear for all to see but does not mean that people should peddle lies against them.

I think yoda that the venkys actually think that we are their employees . They seem to have master and slave syndrome.

It is the Indian way ABBEY, I pointed this out at the time of the takeover and was scorned, I could give many examples of it from my time in India, and did actually, but the do gooders thought it was bullshit, ha, the chickens have come home to roost now.

It is the Indian way ABBEY, I pointed this out at the time of the takeover and was scorned, I could give many examples of it from my time in India, and did actually, but the do gooders thought it was bullshit, ha, the chickens have come home to roost now.

What on earth are you laughing about? You never post anything other than digs at other posters. Try being constructive.

They are not threatening legal action for speaking out but for people peddling malicious lies with no substance.

I have heard the rumours and if there was ANY evidence then a newspaper would have picked it up by now. I said this before and I'll say it again, Venkys are honourable people and are not fraudsters, doing a very poor job of running a football club, that's clear for all to see but does not mean that people should peddle lies against them.

What proof have YOU they are honourable people?

Archived