BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that this will be speculation, but does anyone have any idea whether Venky's are actually interested in getting out? Will any new owners keep the likes of Kean and Anderson on board, or see that they are ____s and sweep them out?

All these rumours sound far too good to be true.

I never doubted the commitment of the protesters, I just feel with glen's revelations today that there were goings on behind the scenes on a need to know basis. Supporters are happy enough protesting as the club's in disarray, makes sense. But it seems we have been pawns in a much grander scheme.

I don't know anything about being pawns, Glen or another protest organiser would have to answer that.

I know that this will be speculation, but does anyone have any idea whether Venky's are actually interested in getting out? Will any new owners keep the likes of Kean and Anderson on board, or see that they are ____s and sweep them out?

All these rumours sound far too good to be true.

My thinking is they would have little involvement after a takeover, as they seem to be a large part of the reason for people pushing for a takeover.

Unless this is another plan masterminded by JA as a smoke screen

All I will say is that the Qatari interest is VERY real, as is the interest from one other group. At this stage it would be unwise to say anymore because things are at a very delicate stage, other than to say that if Venky's don't sell with to these interested groups then they will never get better offers and are here for the long term.

let's just hope venky's sell NOW!!!

We need new owners who have a plan how to move us forward and implement their plan from day one!

Things are moving incredibly quickly so Steve Kean Out was entirely appropriate at that time.

The protests against Kean have had a very big impact.

As I wrote previously, the customer base is in revolt- 20% have stopped going and a significan portion of the others (a very large majority IMO) want the manager and the owners gone from Rovers in the shortest time frame possible.

How much money will YOU make personally out of this ?

Here's food for thought...

It's becoming apparent that the protests have, in a slightly underhand way through lack of information, been aimed at putting pressure on the owners to sell up and get out, for one reason or another. As it turns out there's interest in the background from (possibly) more suitable benefactors and by making the owners' lives living hell the aim is to force them into thinking their best option would be to sell up.

Consider this. What if Steve Kean HAS got the dirt on Venkys and the takeover and that is what's making it hard to sack him? If Venkys were to sell up and cut their losses, and the new owners sacked Steve Kean, it would be highly unlikely that there could be damage done to the club as it would be regarding previous dealings and not the new ownership. The new owners would force a scorched earth policy, sack Kean and leave him and his puppet master Anderson up the creek without a paddle. If Venkys were to sack Kean now they risk an investigation by the FA for the dodgy dealings and jeapordise the club and their interests if he were to come out in public.

Maybe that's why SK's contract is currently being negotiated?

Following on from the supposed information from EwoodTruths on Twitter, it would seem SK was being used by Anderson to cause unrest at the club, dealing with Pune directly and making life difficult for Williams by forcing Allardyce's dismissal and becoming manager himself, as promised by Anderson as part of the deal to get him involved with the club and Williams & co less so. Kean gets his dream job, Anderson gets control of a club through the complete lack of knowledge of our overseas owners.

Then again everything I just said could be a load of codswallop and i'm talking out of my rectum. Certainly makes you think though.

I for one am 100% committed to getting behind the team and keeping us in the Premier League as I feel now that if we are relegated there will be no coming back this time. There's definitely a funky smell coming from somewhere though and I for one am looking forward to closure with great anticipation.

Interesting theory and no its neither fish nor excrement.

The plane was being aimed at Venkys, but we could not get the words changed in time, and some of the protest have also been solely aimed at Venkys but those are the ones the club through a spanner in the works on.

We had to go for Kean first because it was results which were killing the team, however since the first protest we was told to go after the owners, but not enough people would of got aboard the train for a full-scale assault on Venkys, this had to be done the right way, especially with the timing of some of their PR, We had a plan and have stuck by it, some still will believe the best in Venkys, but if this club is to have any chance of survival their removal is paramount

So what you are saying is that the orginisers of the KEAN OUT protests were lying to the protesters about who you were aiming at?

Who is it that told you to go after the owners?

Earlier you said that "There is a lot more to this than people realise and its 99.9% the reason why Protest have been taking place"

Again, are you saying that the KEAN OUT protests were not really KEAN OUT protests but a call for help aimed at potential companies/individuals interested in takeovers?

You also said that.....

"Many people have knocked the protest without really understanding why they was taking place and why certain individuals were taking part. Only a handful actually know who has been pushing these protest from the background and it will remain that way."

Is this the same people that told you to go after the owners? Some sort of shadowy Cabal intent on taking over the club?

All a bit fishy to me.

And by the way. I want Kean and Venky's out of the club. Im not sticking up for them. Just something doesn't sit right.

I don't know anything about being pawns, Glen or another protest organiser would have to answer that.

The way I read Glen's post at the top of the page was that they are being told to protest in a certain way, as if someone ELSE is pulling the strings or advising. Might just be the way he wrote it though.

Its been in front of peoples eyes for months

Glen Mullan- thought there was something not right about you and you did have an hidden agenda all along, nobody likes to be manipulated and you have made all those that have been protesting look like your personal puppets, YOU have made brfc supporters look like bumpkin idiots in the press and on TV for the past few months, this deal better come of or you are about as welcome at ewood as kean himself.

It's probably these guys knowing our luck.

I'd take them. Jed Clampett was a shrewd judge of character. No way Kean would remain a manager under his watch.

I tonight meet up with someone who closed to the Venkys and there had 2 offers and the person who I was with has said this why would venky buy the club and than sell it there are here to stay please watch this clip.I did say to the guy the fans want there rovers back and it times the venky opened there mouth and talk to the fan like myself.

Venkatesh Rao comes across as a good man. But from my perspective, his personality and the Raos' actions in relation to the Rovers have never matched up.

So what you are saying is that the orginisers of the KEAN OUT protests were lying to the protesters about who you were aiming at?

Some posters' statements seem to imply that. If so, it is disturbing, if true. Nothing good comes from deceit.

"All these rumours sound far too good to be true."

I was a teenager when Uncle Jack took over and I remember the same feeling of 'too good to be true' abounding then.

We're all right to be sceptical. But what if this is anywhere near correct?

Who is it that told you to go after the owners?

Earlier you said that "There is a lot more to this than people realise and its 99.9% the reason why Protest have been taking place"

Again, are you saying that the KEAN OUT protests were not really KEAN OUT protests but a call for help aimed at potential companies/individuals interested in takeovers?

You also said that.....

"Many people have knocked the protest without really understanding why they was taking place and why certain individuals were taking part. Only a handful actually know who has been pushing these protest from the background and it will remain that way."

Is this the same people that told you to go after the owners? Some sort of shadowy Cabal intent on taking over the club?

All a bit fishy to me.

And by the way. I want Kean and Venky's out of the club. Im not sticking up for them. Just something doesn't sit right.

Wrong, Protest, started off being aimed at Kean, and have been in recent protest aimed at both Kean and Venkys. When all protest started, it was purely on Kean's results, and Kean taking our team down through his results, as things have progressed and we have talked to people both supporters and others. and other information has come to light then focus has changed, and those who have been on protest who I have spoken to are fully aware

Glen Mullan- thought there was something not right about you and you did have an hidden agenda all along, nobody likes to be manipulated and you have made all those that have been protesting look like your personal puppets, YOU have made brfc supporters look like bumpkin idiots in the press and on TV for the past few months, this deal better come of or you are about as welcome at ewood as kean himself.

Wrong, Protest, started off being aimed at Kean, and have been in recent protest aimed at both Kean and Venkys. When all protest started, it was purely on Kean's results, and Kean taking our team down through his results, as things have progressed and we have talked to people both supporters and others. and other information has come to light then focus has changed, and those who have been on protest who I have spoken to are fully aware

Fair enough.

Thanks for replying and clearing up a few things.

Dont really care what you have to say, MR PRO KEAN, We have done everything the right way and will continue to do so, No-one has been manipulated, as we all want Kean out(Protestors) and we have all protested for his removal. We openly moved our attention to Venkys at the last Protest which brought the barriers down by the club on what we could and could not do. Things change by the day at Rovers and more information becomes available daily.

Now that is unfair. Things change and news comes up throughout the campaign. Glen, Keep going and I hope Rovers are rid of Kean, Anderson and the Venky's soon!

Im not and have never been "pro kean", only Pro Honesty.

if as many people knew of this agenda as you make out it would have been public knowledge ages ago, also what about all the kids that have been protesting did they know they where just being used.

we need an owner with big generous pockets and a new manager, ive never disagreed with you on that but you have manipulated a large portion of fans, whether you have the balls to admit it or not, ironic really that you seem to share the same traits with steve kean that makes him so unlikable.

Archived