BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"A QATAR oil giant could be set to launch a shock takeover bid for Blackburn Rovers." - Andy Cryer

The Nixon version tomorrow could be less well informed.

Philip, what’s your view could the evil venkeys sell or are they on to a good thing mortgaging every last quid out of Rovers? would it just be down to how much they could offer for us?

Philip, how would you rate the chances of this happening on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 representing a certainty !

Far too premature to start calling the odds.

There is one pointer which we said in podcast 14 that three bidders were around with a fourth yet to make a move.

When there is that amount of buying pressure and a serious customer revolt going on which is the case at Rovers, it would be unusual for the club not to change hands.

Venky's India share price continues to drop following their 32% fall in profits. It is 462 compared with 771 the day they bought Rovers.

Far too premature to start calling the odds.

There is one pointer which we said in podcast 14 that three bidders were around with a fourth yet to make a move.

When there is that amount of buying pressure and a serious customer revolt going on which is the case at Rovers, it would be unusual for the club not to change hands.

Venky's India share price continues to drop following their 32% fall in profits. It is 462 compared with 771 the day they bought Rovers.

Don't worry when Kean signs his new contract that share price will rebound

Dear Father Christmas, I've been a really good boy this year and...

And I've been a really, really good girl, too and everyone in my family has been good, and so has everyone on my street and everyone that I know and .... oh just please, Santa, please, let this be happening and not be a let down!

Whats that in chickens Tom?

That was my immediate though too Bob.

If you work off the average egg price being 24p and allow one egg per day for each chicken. I reckon you'd need approx 79,680,389 chickens to make that kind of cash in a year.

Can't see Dunny tucking in to a tasty barrel of Qatar's finest crude oil though.

• Backroom

That's how I worked it out....can that be right, for one year?

Not sure but there is silly money in that part of the world so I could believe it.

I'll tell you when I get back from the trip. The 'Qatar 9' has a decent ring to it that

:blush:

:blink:

:P

Is this more likely than the Saudi Bukshan fella phil?

Bukshan were introduced by Kentaro to fulfill a promise to Venky's that they would find them a buyer they could sell to at a profit as far as I am aware.

Bukshan were never enthusiastic and Venky's wanted Rovers over in Pune before they sold (seriously) apparently.

So unwilling buyer and unwilling seller.

At least this time the buyer has been identified by the LT which did not happen with the Bukshans.

I know Andy Cryer gets a lot of flak but from my perspective Andy running a story like this is a very significant development.

Archived