BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

Oh dear. More tears to come I fear. A couple of things spring to mind.

First why is everyone asking Philip like he is some sort of authority? He's been wrong about pretty much all of the takeover rumours so far, however he does sound very authoritative, I'll give him that.

Second, weren't there all sorts of "concerns" about how Qatar got the world cup? Doesn't bode well if that's how they roll.

Third. Quite simply, Portsmouth.

But, everyone's saying anyone would be better so I guess it must be true.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe Venky's should be made an offer they can't refuse.

Maybe Kean should be made an offer he can't refuse.

Desperately hoping Venky's sell up and eff off. But they've already made it known how damn stubborn they are, and this party is looking at other clubs.

Who knows?

I don't mind the hope, it's the despair I can't stand. If they took us over, sacked Kean immediately, managed to sign a couple of free agents, splashed the cash in Jan ... maybe we could survive?

Not sure but there is silly money in that part of the world so I could believe it.

I'll tell you when I get back from the trip. The 'Qatar 9' has a decent ring to it that

:blush:

:blink:

:P

Fair play to you Tom. After some of the grief you've had in recent weeks, you are doing a fantastic job of keeping your sense of humour!

:rover:

I am not Chaddy if that is what you are saying.

I meant 'cause Chaddy negged me. As did our darling Philip.

Venky's are not a Sheikh Mansour or Roman Abramovich. They bought the club on the cheap and have invested very little hard cash into the playing staff. Why would an oil baron turn to a small-town club like ours if he had the cash to buy a club like Sunderland, for example?

As Philip has already said, there is more than one person interested in Rovers, and wheels are in motion, However keep your feet on the groud, the supporters need to play a huge part on this, Which we have all been hinting at for weeks.

It hitting the press this weekend has taken us by surprise and what damage that does I don't know. There is a lot more to this than people realise and its 99.9% the reason why Protest have been taking place. Many people have knocked the protest without really understanding why they was taking place and why certain individuals were taking part. Only a handful actually know who has been pushing these protest from the background and it will remain that way.

Protest will now intensify and people need to get on board if they want to save this club from ruin, or indeed have a rovers to support.

Be interesting what Nixon prints tomorrow, and I'm just thankful that not everything has been put to press tonight

I meant 'cause Chaddy negged me. As did our darling Philip.

Venky's are not a Sheikh Mansour or Roman Abramovich. They bought the club on the cheap and have invested very little hard cash into the playing staff. Why would an oil baron turn to a small-town club like ours if he had the cash to buy a club like Sunderland, for example?

I would think there is a big price difference between Sunderland and Rovers Plus they are obviously looking at many clubs.

Till Venkys agree to sell I am keeping my feet on the ground.

As Philip has already said, there is more than one person interested in Rovers, and wheels are in motion, However keep your feet on the groud, the supporters need to play a huge part on this, Which we have all been hinting at for weeks.

It hitting the press this weekend has taken us by surprise and what damage that does I don't know. There is a lot more to this than people realise and its 99.9% the reason why Protest have been taking place. Many people have knocked the protest without really understanding why they was taking place and why certain individuals were taking part. Only a handful actually know who has been pushing these protest from the background and it will remain that way.

Protest will now intensify and people need to get on board if they want to save this club from ruin, or indeed have a rovers to support.

Be interesting what Nixon prints tomorrow, and I'm just thankful that not everything has been put to press tonight

Be fair though.If people don't know anything you can hardly expect them to understand anything.

Glen, you know I've a lot of respect for you and the protests but if that was true, why didn't the plane say "Venky's Out"?

IMV, the protests have (to press) been firmly about Kean. The shift to Venky's has been a result of this strategy not working rather than a sustained, underlying attempt to force Venky's hand.

That's how it looks anyway.

I tonight meet up with someone who closed to the Venkys and there had 2 offers and the person who I was with has said this why would venky buy the club and than sell it there are here to stay please watch this clip.I did say to the guy the fans want there rovers back and it times the venky opened there mouth and talk to the fan like myself.

I suppose this is all going to come down to how certain cultures view being classed as a failure.

I cant see Venky's selling in a million years but if they do I hope the first person dumped out of the stadium is Jerome Anderson, as soon as he is gone his little puppet will follow suit and Rovers can maybe be a club once more and not a shop window.

Archived