BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even Berlosconi would be an improvement over the current village idiots who are, seemingly deliberately, trying to ruin our club.

Berlusconi might be... uhm, excentric, but as football club owner he's done quite well. 5 CL wins and 8 Serie A titles, not too shabby.

OK, let's try and calm down now. They're just as likely to buy Sunderland, Wolves, Leeds, Bolton, Coventry, Sheffield Utd an Wednesday, Newcastle or West Ham if an offer was made for us. And that is only teams in this country. I want the Indian nightmare to end, but I do feel that we'll miss out.

Unfortunately I just don't see why Venkys would sell.

They are getting great brand recognition, they're leveraging our assets to borrow money/expand their other businesses and ultimately I think they are too ignorant/naive in believing that they can make this work.

Qatar oil means big money men surely?

You'd think so. I've not met a poor oil baron yet from Qatar. Or anyone from Qatar come to think of it.

More to the point, will these guys be interested in shifting chickens in brazil and getting a clown in charge to do a "good presser"?

Could anyone be anymore negligent than Venkys? It would take some doing.

"Want a quick resolution". Let's hope so. The games up Venkys. Time to go.

"A QATAR oil giant could be set to launch a shock takeover bid for Blackburn Rovers." - Andy Cryer

The Nixon version tomorrow could be less well informed.

Philip, how would you rate the chances of this happening on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 representing a certainty !

• Backroom

Wiki says -

Operating income QAR 40,864 Millions (2009)

What's that in real money?

40,864,000,000.00 QAR = 6,980,002,089.19 GBP

Have I put the right amount of 0's there?

Unfortunately I just don't see why Venkys would sell.

They are getting great brand recognition, they're leveraging our assets to borrow money/expand their other businesses and ultimately I think they are too ignorant/naive in believing that they can make this work.

That's the worry plus their passion for the club could make it difficult for them to walk away from this dynasty they have started....

Archived