BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think there is a big price difference between Sunderland and Rovers Plus they are obviously looking at many clubs.

But Sunderland are a bigger club, with larger attendances and a greater catchment area. They'd have the better potential of becoming another Man. City than a club like Rovers, to be perfectly honest.

Anyway, this is all pie in the sky. There's only so many oil barons out there. This will be another chancer.

Glen, you know I've a lot of respect for you and the protests but if that was true, why didn't the plane say "Venky's Out"?

IMV, the protests have (to press) been firmly about Kean. The shift to Venky's has been a result of this strategy not working rather than a sustained, underlying attempt to force Venky's hand.

That's how it looks anyway.

Things are moving incredibly quickly so Steve Kean Out was entirely appropriate at that time.

The protests against Kean have had a very big impact.

As I wrote previously, the customer base is in revolt- 20% have stopped going and a significan portion of the others (a very large majority IMO) want the manager and the owners gone from Rovers in the shortest time frame possible.

But Sunderland are a bigger club, with larger attendances and a greater catchment area. They'd have the better potential of becoming another Man. City than a club like Rovers, to be perfectly honest.

We dont know if these guess would want to turn us in to a EPL PowerHouse or just a well run club.

We do know they are looking to buy EPL club thou lets just hope its Rovers they get.

Anyway, this is all pie in the sky. There's only so many oil barons out there. This will be another chancer.

How many PL titles, nay trophies, have they won in the last 20 years.

Maybe it's that simple?

Is that possible when 99% of fans went straight home after the Chelsea game?

It was bonfire night. I, like i suspect a lot of others, had other places to be that evening and guests coming round - all arranged weeks before and not possible to put off. If Kean is still in charge when the next home game comes round, I, and probably many others, will be there too. Chelsea game was a one off.

It was bonfire night. I, like i suspect a lot of others, had other places to be that evening and guests coming round - all arranged weeks before and not possible to put off. If Kean is still in charge when the next home game comes round, I, and probably many others, will be there too. Chelsea game was a one off.

I am just saying from what I have read in the press there are not enough people showing they are unhappy.

• Backroom

Fair play to you Tom. After some of the grief you've had in recent weeks, you are doing a fantastic job of keeping your sense of humour!

:rover:

Cheers pal, good news is I was never funny to start with so it wasn't hard.

Genuine interest, are these people close to Thaskin?

I am just saying from what I have read in the press there are not enough people showing they are unhappy.

No, you are right and there are not enough in general, but the chelsea game was an exception and it's hard to persuade people when the team has tried hard too. However, I think if people realised that protesting really could bring about a change they would join in, if not with marching at least with sitting in afterwards, and also I think you underestimate the impact of the new contract rumours. Even those who think Kean should stay don't think his contract should be renewed - that really has got people's backs up.

Be fair though.If people don't know anything you can hardly expect them to understand anything.

You see, that's what I don't understand.

Countless times posters have been asked to name the good things this regime have done over the last 12 months. This s what we get....

Ok. Points wise it's beyond comprehension why they still employ Kean. It's also against any sort of logic why we went to Pune during the season instead of concentrating on getting the team right. Jensen. Myles Anderson. The manager still lives in Surrey for heavens sake. Emerton. Andrews, replaced with untested foreign players. No Chairman. All the experienced back room team allowed to leave and marginalised. I could go on, you know the sketch. I will. Some bloke called Venny running the Ewood operation. The manager flying to Pune every few weeks for a meeting with people who admit to knowing nothing about football.

What is there left to understand? It was in the Mail regarding Rochinas transfer. 500k plus 1m Agents fees. It wasn't denied. Shall we replicate that against other transfers?

How's about the new mortgage? 100m? What for? Keans new contract? Well, why tell us fans either way.

What is there left to understand. "iTK"? No one needs to be ITK to work all this crap out.

We dont know if these guess would want to turn us in to a EPL PowerHouse or just a well run club.

We do know they are looking to buy EPL club thou lets just hope its Rovers they get.

I'd be happy with something like The Trust with a more cash to build up the team and the youth system every year. But if they insist on signing David Villa et al for millions..............

Of course, t does sound like they may go elsewhere if they don't get their way soon, or that other bidders may move in. Or the Raos may turn down every bid.

Glen, you know I've a lot of respect for you and the protests but if that was true, why didn't the plane say "Venky's Out"?

IMV, the protests have (to press) been firmly about Kean. The shift to Venky's has been a result of this strategy not working rather than a sustained, underlying attempt to force Venky's hand.

That's how it looks anyway.

The plane was being aimed at Venkys, but we could not get the words changed in time, and some of the protest have also been solely aimed at Venkys but those are the ones the club through a spanner in the works on.

We had to go for Kean first because it was results which were killing the team, however since the first protest we was told to go after the owners, but not enough people would of got aboard the train for a full-scale assault on Venkys, this had to be done the right way, especially with the timing of some of their PR, We had a plan and have stuck by it, some still will believe the best in Venkys, but if this club is to have any chance of survival their removal is paramount

Here's food for thought...

It's becoming apparent that the protests have, in a slightly underhand way through lack of information, been aimed at putting pressure on the owners to sell up and get out, for one reason or another. As it turns out there's interest in the background from (possibly) more suitable benefactors and by making the owners' lives living hell the aim is to force them into thinking their best option would be to sell up.

Consider this. What if Steve Kean HAS got the dirt on Venkys and the takeover and that is what's making it hard to sack him? If Venkys were to sell up and cut their losses, and the new owners sacked Steve Kean, it would be highly unlikely that there could be damage done to the club as it would be regarding previous dealings and not the new ownership. The new owners would force a scorched earth policy, sack Kean and leave him and his puppet master Anderson up the creek without a paddle. If Venkys were to sack Kean now they risk an investigation by the FA for the dodgy dealings and jeapordise the club and their interests if he were to come out in public.

Maybe that's why SK's contract is currently being negotiated?

Following on from the supposed information from EwoodTruths on Twitter, it would seem SK was being used by Anderson to cause unrest at the club, dealing with Pune directly and making life difficult for Williams by forcing Allardyce's dismissal and becoming manager himself, as promised by Anderson as part of the deal to get him involved with the club and Williams & co less so. Kean gets his dream job, Anderson gets control of a club through the complete lack of knowledge of our overseas owners.

Then again everything I just said could be a load of codswallop and i'm talking out of my rectum. Certainly makes you think though.

I for one am 100% committed to getting behind the team and keeping us in the Premier League as I feel now that if we are relegated there will be no coming back this time. There's definitely a funky smell coming from somewhere though and I for one am looking forward to closure with great anticipation.

All I will say is that the Qatari interest is VERY real, as is the interest from one other group. At this stage it would be unwise to say anymore because things are at a very delicate stage, other than to say that if Venky's don't sell with to these interested groups then they will never get better offers and are here for the long term.

All I will say is that the Qatari interest is VERY real, as is the interest from one other group. At this stage it would be unwise to say anymore because things are at a very delicate stage, other than to say that if Venky's don't sell with to these interested groups then they will never get better offers and are here for the long term.

Has someone told Venkys this?

I for one am 100% committed to getting behind the team and keeping us in the Premier League as I feel now that if we are relegated there will be no coming back this time.

As are the protesters 100% behind the team and worried about the club.

Yes it has but for us not in the know its difficult to piece all the information together. We know Rovers are going down as we are not winning games but the rest is just taken as gossip IMHO

Look for gossip in post 137.

Where's the logic in their actions?

Has someone told Venkys this?

As are the protesters 100% behind the team and worried about the club.

I never doubted the commitment of the protesters, I just feel with glen's revelations today that there were goings on behind the scenes on a need to know basis. Supporters are happy enough protesting as the club's in disarray, makes sense. But it seems we have been pawns in a much grander scheme.

Archived