BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To those who know a damn site more than me:

I assume the key to any take over with the Qatari group has to be the speed ie, before we are too deep in the relegtion mire (which may be next week) and well before the Jan transfer window. Therefore any intransigence on Venky's part will scupper the deal?

On the flip side, now the Qatar interest is genuine and out in the media and Venkys refuse to sell, they are only going to incur the wrath of even more fans.

Would seem a no brainer for Venkys.

Guaranteed not to happen then.

To those who know a damn site more than me:

I assume the key to any take over with the Qatari group has to be the speed ie, before we are too deep in the relegtion mire (which may be next week) and well before the Jan transfer window. Therefore any intransigence on Venky's part will scupper the deal?

On the flip side, now the Qatar interest is genuine and out in the media and Venkys refuse to sell, they are only going to incur the wrath of even more fans.

Would seem a no brainer for Venkys.

Guaranteed not to happen then.

Now we are talking SPEED is Key, and this is why supporters need to make this happen, We have to show, we want QATARI IN and VENKYS OUT,

From the People article:

If the Qataris could buy Rovers at the Venky’s purchase price, and inherit their debt, it would leave an unbelievable ­amount of cash for new players.

However, sources at Ewood Park claim that not even a whacking profit would make the Rao family walk away now.

They have invested heavily in making Blackburn ‘India’s Premier League club’ and they do not want to lose face.

Word of the potential Qatari investor has flashed around football in the past few days, and agents working for other clubs have been trying frantically to court them to find out if they are interested.

As one senior Premier League official said: “This would be Christmas come early and often for someone.

“The big clubs are either not for sale or just not interested.

“But one of the rest of us could get really lucky and come into a fortune at a time when so many are tightening their belts.”

• Backroom

Just asked this on twitter but thought I would pose the question here.

If these guys came in, spent countless millions and got us as Champions League contenders all being micro managed from Qatar, would people be happy that they got 'our Rovers' back?

I think it would be good for club (maybe even essential) if this takeover happens I was just curious as to the above.

As one senior Premier League official said: “This would be Christmas come early and often for someone.

“The big clubs are either not for sale or just not interested.

“But one of the rest of us could get really lucky and come into a fortune at a time when so many are tightening their belts.”

Time to stand up and be counted :rover:

Just asked this on twitter but thought I would pose the question here.

If these guys came in, spent countless millions and got us as Champions League contenders all being micro managed from Qatar, would people be happy that they got 'our Rovers' back?

I think it would be good for club (maybe even essential) if this takeover happens I was just curious as to the above.

Of course not, when things are going right fans dont care.

Not in this case, These guys are the real deal, and have money coming out of every crack possible, These are the way forward

Bet Kean is wetting himself at the thought of having a really competitive budget !!!

(As it's late at night, this is a touch of humour for those either tired or p1ssed !).

Archived