BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we lose on the weekend surely the Qatari interest will most definitely turn elsewhere. We'll be cut adrift at the bottom of the league and will be too much of a gamble. They need a premier league club and we would be hanging onto that status by a thread.

[/quote/]

If we lose at wigan the Venky's will be under huge pressure to sell the club!!! we will be at LEAST 3 points adrift and Kean will be under HUGE pressure to be sack by the owners.

If Venky's took us down that wouldn't be great for them or their profile in India or anywhere else.

For agrument sake, Venky's sold the club after we lose to Wigan, I would imagine that the Qatar people would have line up a manager to come in straight away after sacking the Clown(kean). They will go for high profile manager like they did at Malaga in Manuel Pellegrini. so I think it is possible the New Owners would be looking towards bring in Ancelotti or Bentiez or Hughes or O'Neill in to be the football manager of the club.

If Venkys dont sell, we are relegated with Coco in charge = Would be seen as a failure from Venkys view, they bought a top 10 club and removed the structure in the club and knocked us down in the Championship

If Venkys do sell - will they see that as a failure as well? What will be their official reasons to sell, when they have spoken so much about long term future plans and ambition (which is of course BS!!)

I hope they will sell - Imagine the new owners coming in sacking Kean, that alone is worth it!! And getting in a proper manager we actually may have a chance to keep our PL-status (something I have already prepared myself on not happening).

VENKYS OUT!!!

I think the fans have to make their voice heard immediately.

For what it is worth, I've sent this e-mail to Barry White, Venny Rao and a couple of other Venky's addresses:

Dear all,

If the rumours of a Qatari takeover are true, please sell to them. I shall be blunt and say that the consensus amongst us fans about your stewardship of this great club is very low. You have achieved brand awareness for your Venky's product in Europe, and I'm sure many in this country would like to try your products when they are in the mood for fast food. So now is a good time to sell, as the anger of us mere fans of a 136 year old football club will only grow if things continue as they are. Sometimes it is the bigger and better thing to walk away and admit mistakes than to deny anyting is wrong and keep plugging away. So , to summarise, if it is all down to Mrs. Desai, please persuade her to sell the club to one of the interested parties and leave with the gratitude of us fans that you admitted it did not work out between us and left before the club was destroyed.

bye,

Billy Castell

I know it probably be binned, ignored or not even read but I had to say my piece since I cannot attend any games unless we play at the Ricoh Arena.

:lol:

If Venkys dont sell, we are relegated with Coco in charge = Would be seen as a failure from Venkys view, they bought a top 10 club and removed the structure in the club and knocked us down in the Championship

If Venkys do sell - will they see that as a failure as well? What will be their official reasons to sell, when they have spoken so much about long term future plans and ambition (which is of course BS!!)I hope they will sell - Imagine the new owners coming in sacking Kean, that alone is worth it!! And getting in a proper manager we actually may have a chance to keep our PL-status (something I have already prepared myself on not happening).

VENKYS OUT!!!

what long term plans????

Ambition??? Mrs D and Kean both think we will be challenging for the chamions league in 3 seasons time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mrs D said it when Venkys bought the club and Kean said it on talksport just after we sold Phil Jones.

I think the fans have to make their voice heard immediately.

The only way to do that is protest on a none match day. Informing the media etc before hand. A week before next match is long time. Venkys need to learn we want them out now.

It looks like the next few days could be some of the most important in the clubs 136 year history... If Mrs Desai decides to sell, there's every chance this time next year we'll be pushing for a european spot with a quality squad and manager. If She decides to not sell... I don't want to even consider the state our club will be in.

He is wrong as usual. The Qatari's want to do this very very very quickly.

How fast is it feasible to do a takeover, even with experts on board.

Unless venkys get a massive profit, I sadly cannot see them selling.

First time that has happened Phillip. Again, I doubt they'll act on my e-mail or any kind of common sense though.

balajirao@venkys.com

vineeth_rao@venkys.org

praneeth_rao@venkys.org

rovers@venkys.in

That's who I sent my e-mail to. I decided to ignore Paul Hunt as I wanted to go to the top table.

Glen, this is your chance.

PLEASE for the love of god organise a mid week protest at Ewood Park against Venky's. Tell everybody, everything that you know. If your breaking confidences you'll just have to say your sorry. It really is now, in the best interests of the club. If you could get 1k+ outside the Jack Walker stand, Venky's would take notice, the worlds media may take notice... and we could end up on a European Tour.

So I imagine SEM/Kean will be massively opposed to any takeover where they could lose out or be totally be ousted?

No, I disagree, they have taken all the big money and under Venkys, I cant see them making vast amounts any more, time to move on for them as they did at Man City, Anderson has made his money out of Rovers and his players still have a job so commissions are still payable, they wont lose out really at all, the pot is now empty!!

We really are at the crossroads aren't we? Take a step to the left and we could have a whole new set-up and be challenging once again for honours. Or, if Venkys are as stubborn over this as they have been over Kean we carry on with a manager and owners who will lead us back to the 1980's.

I hope Venkys can see that they will lost face more by the destruction of the club than they would by admitting they've had a go at it and its just not for them.

I can't begin to imagine the level of anger should this offer be made and turned down and another club benefit from what could have been ours'. They would own a team they could never hope to see except on TV. They simply couldn't set foot in the area again.Their son's life over here would be hell.

I don't imagine they realise how this would go down because they don't understand the passion we have for our club.

I'm excited by the news but fearful that Venkys will stuff it up.

At least in that scenario,Venkys could never again pretend that they had the club's interests at heart. I don't believe they do now but it would become clear to all----wouldn't it?

One thing is very obvious now, getting rid of Kean is almost irrelevant now. Its about persuading Venkys to exit.

Archived