BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The FA did e-mail , I edited nothing and I dont want to post my email address in the email, I know I did email if you e-mail supporters@premierleague.com you will get a respond.

Either you're lying, or you've met your perfect match and they're working at the FA.

Tom the news is there not selling but the venkys are due to put a statement out in coming days,or weeks about the true about everything and the fans think there took loan from bank to buy us i e-mail the FA there told me this

Thank you for your e-mail.

We understand that you are unhappy with the way your club is being run. Blackburn Rovers Football Club, like all clubs in the Premier League, is an independent body that is subject to and bound by the competition Rules. Whilst we encourage dialogue between clubs and their supporters our role is to apply the Premier League Rule Book on behalf of the clubs and we cannot act outside of those Rules.

There are several Rules aimed at ensuring good governance of Premier League clubs and they are of course also subject to Company Law. We cannot however make decisions about the day to day running of our member clubs but if there were a issue everyone would have knowed about it the fans and the press. They all have their own directors, management teams, lawyers, accountants and many other staff with that responsibility, and who they employ to fill these positions is entirely their decision. In terms of club ownership we provide a framework that includes rules governing who can invest in our clubs and, introduced for the 2010/11 season, a requirement for clubs to prove that they are sustainable by submitting future financial information showing they can meet their liabilities for the year ahead.

I find this very interesting.

Not only because the part of the email that you have highlighted in bold in order to make a point is completely out of context, has a number of typos and is one of the worst constructed sentences I have ever read on an 'official' piece of communication, but also I have read this exact same email somewhere else on this forum within the last week or so - and the highlighted part was not in that version.

Yet you maintain under questioning that edited nothing. Hmmmmmm.

So, 786, are you completely full of ####? Or just 50%?

Dont believe a thing what I say,all I will say please lets respect everyone views and all the best.

But you have clearly added that line into the email you received from the FA. It doesnt gel with the phrasing, spelling and grammar of the rest of the email.

It's nothing to do with respecting you views. You have added your own text into an email from the FA to support your previous statements.

It is not going to help with your credibility, or lack of, on the boards by doing this.

I wouldn't fool nobody.

That's quite right. Unfortunately Venkys have though.

Which reminds me. I remember the best piece of advice my dad ever gave to me, he said "son, you can fool some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time but you can't fool some of the people all of the time"

I said "get it right dad for #### sake"

So he said "ok, you can fool all of the people some of the time, some of the people some of the time...."

... and I said... " ###### hell dad, just get it right"

And he said " oh #### off, your adopted anyway"

(Thanks to Lee Mack for that one)

That's quite right. Unfortunately Venkys have though.

Which reminds me. I remember the best piece of advice my dad ever gave to me, he said "son, you can fool some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time but you can't fool some of the people all of the time"

I said "get it right dad for #### sake"

So he said "ok, you can fool all of the people some of the time, some of the people some of the time...."

... and I said... " ###### hell dad, just get it right"

And he said " oh #### off, your adopted anyway"

(Thanks to Lee Mack for that one)

My Dad was so ###### cockney it hurt

Bottom line is, if this Sheikh has the cash, then he'll buy Rovers. Plain and simple.

Someone like that doesn't mess about when they want something, and Venky's have their price.

I'd be inclined to agree if Everton were the only other viable option. The cost of a new stadium would make a follow up bid at Rovers more likely in terms of value for money. But are they the only alternative?

Broken English not to me ,I will say this for the last time the e-mail was sent to me. I bold that section because some fans think the venkys have not brought the club, I have also posted that e-mail address of the FA why dont you please drop them message and see yourself thank you.

Just reflecting on the press statements by Venkatesh and Anuradha.

In effect, they are saying that Andy Cryer and Alan Nixon have published total untruths and that Kamy and myself have been posting lies on this messageboard.

Less clearcut but I wonder whether to read between the lines of Mrs Desai's statement?

Mrs Desai is a very determined woman who usually gets her way sooner rather than later. The inference of the Mirror article on Monday was that she personally was determined to sell the club. We then heard she had withdrawn 100% from involvement with Rovers so does the fact she is apparently back involved mean she is pursuing her agenda to sell?

Perhaps Paul Agnew whom I believe wrote the alleged quote from Mrs Desai could enlighten us?

That does not make much sense to me philip, but then what does with these lot. I mean if it was a one time offer from qatar how is she going to re-kindle that. Are we now to believe that somehow she will sell but now to a lesser bidder. Do they wish to sell but not to someone who actually has funds to do something positive for BRFC. Ie sell it to someone who could cock it up worse than they have. It's all rather baffling it just bloody well is.

According to Everton fans there's no chance of them being bought anytime soon. Over half a billion in debt I've been told, and then you have to take into account Kenright wanting to retain some input.

The Qataris, if rumour is to be believed, are looking to invest £500m. So with that in mind, you can see why Rovers (or similar) would be desirable because they obviously want to make a big splash. And to do that they would have to sign some marquee players and have a marquee manager. The buyout of Rovers would leave a lot of spending money afterwards for expansion/players for the next couple of seasons at least.

£500m would only cover the purchase of Everton, so I've been told. That's a lot considering they then have to sign a bunch of players.

Going over old ground but the bit in bold was not sent to you by the FA.

Can you not see that your continuing denial is not helping your cause. The email from the FA never had the bold bit in it at all.

The email without the bit in bold reads as a perfect email. The broken English bold bit that has been added by you afterwards just makes no sense.

Definitely time to come clean fella. Don't want to give you a hard time but you're kinda making it hard not to. Editing an email to help argue your corner does you no favours at all.

Going over old ground but the bit in bold was not sent to you by the FA.

Can you not see that your continuing denial is not helping your cause. The email from the FA never had the bold bit in it at all.

The email without the bit in bold reads as a perfect email. The broken English bold bit that has been added by you afterwards just makes no sense.

Definitely time to come clean fella. Don't want to give you a hard time but you're kinda making it hard not to. Editing an email to help argue your corner does you no favours at all.

I think I know who he is....Balaji :D :D

Broken English not to me ,I will say this for the last time the e-mail was sent to me. I bold that section because some fans think the venkys have not brought the club, I have also posted that e-mail address of the FA why dont you please drop them message and see yourself thank you.

I believe you that the email you posted did indeed come from the FA.

However, the sentence, and i do hesitate to describe it as such, you bolded did not come from the FA. It would have been removed or replaced by the proof readers or the emailers spell check.

It would be a bit like this appearing in a schoolboys Hamlet text:

To be, or not to be--that is the question:

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune

Or to take arms against a sea of troubles

And by opposing end them. To die, to sleep--

No more--and by a sleep to say we end

The heartache, and the thousand natural shocks

That flesh is heir to. 'Tis a consummation

Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep--

To sleep--perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub,

Hi kids! Do you like violence? (yeah yeah yeah!)

Wanna see me stick nine inch nails through each one of my eyelids? (uh huh!)

Wanna copy me and do exactly like I did? (yeah yeah!),

For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,

Must give us pause. There's the respect

That makes calamity of so long life.

Archived