BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Say no to foreign ownership unless they are Qatari billionaires?

The key to foreign ownership is employing the best football-minded people to do the football bit.

But that debate has been done to death so we've moved on.

Parallel though rather than disagreement to your post...

I'm sure this post will get me -77 but heigh ho,sometimes you've just got to follow Roy Walker's advice and "say what you see".

Now that the truth seems to be rather less black and white than it originally appeared and the dust has started to settle, I'd like to make one or two observations.

Some of the behaviour on here has been absolutely appalling and made me ashamed to be a Rovers fan. From smug ITK'ers to the worst kind of spiteful, vindictive keyboard warrior-ism.Some of the insults which have been flying about have been nothing short of shameful.

Venkys tenure so far has left a lot to be desired but if they choose to keep us that's their right. They bought us legitimately and that seems unarguable.

If they are going to keep us and the billionaire Qatari group aren't riding in to save us then what to do? I expect a vast improvement on their stewardship so far-if this happens they'll get my support(it's called being open-minded),if they don't I'll criticise in the right way and that won't include calling them scum or any of the other poison which has been flying around in this forum...

I'm sure this post will get me -77 but heigh ho,sometimes you've just got to follow Roy Walker's advice and "say what you see".

Now that the truth seems to be rather less black and white than it originally appeared and the dust has started to settle, I'd like to make one or two observations.

Some of the behaviour on here has been absolutely appalling and made me ashamed to be a Rovers fan. From smug ITK'ers to the worst kind of spiteful, vindictive keyboard warrior-ism.Some of the insults which have been flying about have been nothing short of shameful.

Venkys tenure so far has left a lot to be desired but if they choose to keep us that's their right. They bought us legitimately and that seems unarguable.

If they are going to keep us and the billionaire Qatari group aren't riding in to save us then what to do? I expect a vast improvement on their stewardship so far-if this happens they'll get my support(it's called being open-minded),if they don't I'll criticise in the right way and that won't include calling them scum or any of the other poison which has been flying around in this forum...

I think there comes a time when being diplomatic, understanding and tollerant only worsens the situation. Appeasement can only be a short-term option. A year has passed under this regime, in which considerable damage has been systematically inflicted on almost every aspect of our Club.

How would you criticise in the right way?

I expect a vast improvement on their stewardship so far-if this happens they'll get my support(it's called being open-minded),if they don't I'll criticise in the right way and that won't include calling them scum or any of the other poison which has been flying around in this forum...

On what basis do you expect this Yeti?

They've a long way to go before getting my support. In banking parlance, they're heavily overdrawn as far as I'm concerned. To get the account balance back to zero will be one hell of an achievement for them but they need to get into the black before they get anything like support from me.

Yeti I agree with most of your post but one sentence had me asking is this a flemish joke which is:

The first part is good their ownership is a lot to be desired but I have to laugh you say they bought us legit and that seems unarguable might I remind you the money they bought rovers with how do you know it wasn't taken out of the mortgage? It has been proved they have not put a single penny of theirs into the club they have already missed payments to the Walkers taken out 2 mortgages on the clubs assets as well as borrowing from the Indian government and the fact our summer transfer business was totally messed updue to financial problems so to say they bought the club legit is quite frankly laughable as the origin of where the money came from to buy the club no-one knows as well as the rumour that JA got Venkys got the club to further his own interests makes people wonder why the other bidders failed to land the club?. The fact that there are more questions than answers makes you wonder what has gone on in the bidding process?.

Certainly not in the way some of our less diplomatic posters do..maybe more constructively??

A well thought out and reasoned response...well done.

Don't do the politician thing and try to side step the question, how would you do it?

On what basis do you expect this Yeti?

They've a long way to go before getting my support. In banking parlance, they're heavily overdrawn as far as I'm concerned. To get the account balance back to zero will be one hell of an achievement for them but they need to get into the black before they get anything like support from me.

Can't argue with that Neil..they do have a hell of a long way to go,but now that they've stated they're here for the long haul I want to see them translate words into action, starting by spending decent money on a quality striker in January hopefully out of their own pockets. I'm as sceptical as you tbh,I just haven't much liked some of the stuff I've read on here recently.

Open minded, twelve months on. After they themselves said judge them after twelve months.

How many more months then Yeti Dog? Or Years?

Yeti I agree with most of your post but one sentence had me asking is this a flemish joke which is:

The first part is good their ownership is a lot to be desired but I have to laugh you say they bought us legit and that seems unarguable might I remind you the money they bought rovers with how do you know it wasn't taken out of the mortgage? It has been proved they have not put a single penny of theirs into the club they have already missed payments to the Walkers taken out 2 mortgages on the clubs assets as well as borrowing from the Indian government and the fact our summer transfer business was totally messed updue to financial problems so to say they bought the club legit is quite frankly laughable as the origin of where the money came from to buy the club no-one knows as well as the rumour that JA got Venkys got the club to further his own interests makes people wonder why the other bidders failed to land the club?. The fact that there are more questions than answers makes you wonder what has gone on in the bidding process?.

Lots of questions,I'm not sure of the answers as I'm not one of our esteemed ITK'ers. The point I was making was that the sale was signed off legitimately. If there has in fact been dodgy stuff going on then like you I'd like to see that 100% proven and then answers given.

Open minded, twelve months on. After they themselves said judge them after twelve months.

How many more months then Yeti Dog? Or Years?

Well..12 months in the judgement is clearly that they need to do much,much better.

The point I'm making is that if they are to continue as our owners then how does writing them off permanently help us in terms of trying to move forward?

• Backroom

Vinjay has come up with having Qatar flags at the Wigan game.

Just wondered what peoples thoughts on that were?

Good idea? Pointless at this stage? Dividing?

Well..12 months in the judgement is clearly that they need to do much,much better.

The point I'm making is that if they are to continue as our owners then how does writing them off permanently help us in terms of trying to move forward?

I just can't see things getting any better.

Your signature says it all really.

On the behaviour point I couldn't agree more, far too many idiots on the board these days who are completely incapable of understanding that other posters may have a different view point, they've seen off the better members of the forum, but the general numbers posting is up...... and as they say “Thats progress” :(

Regarding Venkys, its interesting to note that the majority of the Pune9 have faith in the regime, and knowing most of them personally it gives me hope also. That said my faith dwindles by the day, we’re heading for an iceberg, and despite the warnings the band keep on playing, its going to end in tears.

Regarding Venkys, its interesting to note that the majority of the Pune9 have faith in the regime, and knowing most of them personally it gives me hope also. That said my faith dwindles by the day, we’re heading for an iceberg, and despite the warnings the band keep on playing, its going to end in tears.

I would have a little more faith in Venky's if I had seen just one single iota of evidence that they actually know what to do today, never mind tomorrow Gav.

Unarguable? No, arguable, but defamatory. Everyone has their suspicions but short of a scorched earth policy or legal investigation noone will know for definite, and noone will be able to say otherwise. If the PL say they are happy, who are we to question that? Excessive agent fees, for example, aren't through dodgy dealings; they're just what the agents involved have demanded and the owners have been stupid enough to pay over the odds.

100% agree. I don't like their stewardship, and I despise Steve Kean, but I don't agree with the name calling. There's really no need.

Archived