BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Desai told the club's official website: "There have been reports that someone from the Royal Family of Qatar was in India to meet us and discuss the possibility of buying the club.

"We would like to clarify that there is absolutely no truth in these reports.

"No-one from Qatar - or anywhere else - visited us.

"We have no intention of selling and are totally committed to the club.

"There is no possibility of us selling the club."

It would be great if some one had a photo of them meeting the Qatar delegates to show Mrs D, then she would have some explaining to do. Unfortunately I doubt such evidence exists.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/7310555/Venky-s-No-Rovers-sale

But Venky's chairperson Anuradha Desai has flatly rejected reports of meetings with the Qatar Royal Family and has reiterated they have 'no intention of selling'.

Message for Kamy. Can you or any of your sources prove this denial is categorically untrue?

Say anything again? Most have not said anything at all, other than nods and winks.

And therein lies the problem. Between those making it up and those who simply spin their opinion and analysis as fact and those who claim to know stuff the sad reality is there for all to see. Our position in the table and the fact that we are managed by statistically one of the worst managers ever to manage in the premier league

So because they aren't saying it to you they aren't saying it at all. Not quite true. I'm not talking illuminati here but as you've seen today the issue about WEC has come out. Were you aware of that? A lot of people were but kept it quiet as requested by the people at the center of it. People respect their sources, but sometimes find it difficult not to release their information when others are defending the owners. Then they bite their lip and it ends up coming out as nods and winks.

It's frustrating for those not ITK as I'm in the same boat most of the time, but just recently it's been bloody frustrating not to tell a few of the naysayers a few things that would shut them up and stop bashing Glen and co.

But as you say, it all comes down to results and the league table at the end of the day. History does show that clubs in turmoil end up reflecting it on the pitch though.

ok so at least kamy has provided us with the info we were all worrying about at least I can sleep easier tonight knowing everything is in order and above board so that's one less thing to worry about but kamy you really need to emphasise to Venkys coco needs to be sacked and that getting a % of times in the opposition's box is BS the only thing that matters is results and steve Kean is the major problem here and protests will continue until coco is sacked they now have to put their hands in their pocket and bring in a decent manager ancelotti,Sparky,O'Neill,curbishley, even Maradona would be better than the clown in charge but more importantly they must now spend big in Januarytop priority must be a 15-20 goals a season striker they must forget Andy Johnson we have enough crocks on the books they must spend 10M and just buy Defoe cheap and cheerful signings are garbage now serious money needs to be spent on a Defoe/Pavlyuchenko/Crouch/ etc... a box to box midfielder Jermain Jones etc a LB & RB Onuha would be a start but a striker has to be priority a 10M for Defoe should be in the offing. Rant Over!

Venky's just no how to say the wrong thing, how they run an international business i will never no. they only need to do 3 simple things to turn this club around.

1/ Sack that round headed idiot and get a decent manager in.

2/ Buy decent players in january, a right back a defensive mid and striker.

3/ Do everything above board.

You missed out the number one simple thing they need to do........Cut ALL connections to JA and get a proper chairman back in post that can REALLY run the club properly. JW would be ideal but he is never going to come back. More's the pity!!!

Message for Kamy. Can you or any of your sources prove this denial is categorically untrue?

I think it's safe to say Jisty after the promises made 12 months ago, anything to come out of a Venky/Rao mouth is either horse shat or the bull equivalent. They can't be trusted, they tell lies and there is documented proof on rovers.co.uk that they tell you want you want to hear then do the opposite.

As long as they continue to treat the fans like idiots and the club like the latest fad they aren't welcome in my town.

Eh, ok so to be honest I was actually laughing on the day and found it to be pretty amusing, but I don't follow football or support Rovers for the rivalries.

For the record i was one of the Rovers supporters in Sydney hurling abuse at the Burnley supporters. Why shouldn't we? They were giving it to us waving their six fingered in-bred hands and supporting the opposition (Sydney FC). It was all taken in good spirits and i think both sides enjoyed the opportunity to display the friction between the two sets of supporters in another country. I have never set foot in England but I'm very passionate about Rovers and was not going to sit there and cop an ear full from that mob. Geez did you see what happened when that one celtic supporter turned up to the Rangers game! The thousands of Rangers fans stopped watching the game and sung derogitory Celtic songs whilst pointing at him. This went on for some time until the Celtic fan knew what was coming to him if he didn't leave quick smart! What is sport without passionate rivalry!!!

Booth, I've been aware of the WEC thing and it's the one thing that I wouldn't have disputed from the rumours I've been privy to.

It seems like the lines of communication have broken down. I would agree with most on here that a chairman is imperative, and this is one of the things that needs to be asked of the owners.

There are some issues I would like clarification on from the club that journalists need to be asking. A lot of these things have been neglected in favor of accusing the owners of false allegations.

BrisRover, fair enough, it's possible my retrospective reading of the situation was wrong. As I said, shouting abuse at people isn't my thing. I'm the craziest, loudest illegitimate at a concert, but rivalries etc isn't my thing.

I follow football because I love to play football, competitiveness is something separate for me.

I'm competitive, but I'm the sort of person that will more often get frustrated at himself for not doing better than make fun of the opposition for failing.

This is what I was trying to explain to you via PM. Have faith, things will be resolved, a lot of people may have their credibility shot though. At the end of the day: common sense trumps illogical rumours.

I hope things return to normalcy sooner rather than later.

There are many ways of resolving our problems. Some are positive. Some involve relegation. Venkys has done little to justify any sort of faith in their ability.

I am not an ITKer, I've received no PMs, so I know nowt of alleged dodgy dealings, investigations and so on, could be total bunkum but what can't be denied is the royal mess Venky's have created, what 'normalacy' are we returning to?

Miker and I were NOT exchanging "ITK" PMs. We were debating whether we should cut Venkys some slack via PM as opposed to burning up more message board space. He was for and I was against. My position is that Venkys have had a year. It's time for them to either get out or prove themselves as I give them no credence whatsoever and whatever goodwill they want they need to earn.

I'm most definitely NOT in the know and never have been and have never pretended to be.

You're in for a rude awakening and a culture shock at Ewood. The aim of alot of fans (particularly away fans) is to taunt and abuse opposition supporters. It's actually quite enjoyable, and often very funny. You should join in.

I was shocked when I was England last year and attended several soccer games at the language employed. Everton was the worse while Rochdale the best when it came to fan language. The Rover away fans at Tottenham were closer to Rochdale than Everton, though that may have been a function of me not being able to translate the chants.

I think you should read the statement on rovers website. NOBODY HAS.VISITED US. Referring to Qatar. So they claim no approach has been made.

This is either false and they have been approached. Or it is true and some on here have been taken for a ride

Either way this thread is now pointless. There is no sale.

It can be both true and misleading. There are too many ways to parse words. For example, an inquiry could be made along the lines of "Will you sell for X?" which could be rejected and also labeled a non-offer as they did not state "We'll buy for X." That said, I have no idea who is telling the truth and who is not.

I disagree it's not pointless, my reasoning is that if somebody can prove that there has or has not been a meeting between the two parties about a possible takeover it shows who is feeding supporters bulls***

Pure guesswork on my part but I suspect we are being feed a lot of BS. The question is who is shoveling it in our direction?

The saddest part of that is we no longer assume our owners are the party being straightforward. Too many pie in the sky statements, too much water under the bridge, for me to automatically trust them on anything.

The mafia would know what to do ... horse's head on a pillow.

Michael Corleone is probably not a Rovers fan. Which is a character fault surpassing all his many others.

I am working on getting the Qatari's to talk on the record. In the meantime, all I wiill say is that it is upto each individual to decide whether they trust what the owners say after the last 12 months.

In light of legal problems that some people face, I have decided to be very careful with what I share. Such a shame that it has come to this.

I am working on getting the Qatari's to talk on the record. In the meantime, all I wiill say is that it is upto each individual to decide whether they trust what the owners say after the last 12 months.

In light of legal problems that some people face, I have decided to be very careful with what I share. Such a shame that it has come to this.

Perhaps a website in another "legal area" where defamation laws are "different" may be the way to go.

It's beginning to smack of shutting up the complaints by threat of legal action. Where does that get anyone other than hate and resentment.

Thanks Kamy. I understand your position totally. Where I'm coming from is that we need to play the game and use facts to highlight any issues. Make these facts available to fellow fans and the press, and maybe the tide will turn.

Really appreciate all your efforts and cheers ...... praying for your success and well being of our club :brfcsmilie:

Could have a point Jisty.

Everyone should put the league position on their posts.

You know what I mean! One of the things the hand-sitters are clinging to is that much of what is being talked about is only rumour. So let's stick to facts and highlight them.

As far as league position, in 6 games time, we are likely to have an idea what our final position will be. Until that point, the hand-sitters still think our league position is skewed because we've played some tough teams. Let's hope it's not too late...!

Archived