BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

I disagree it's not pointless, my reasoning is that if somebody can prove that there has or has not been a meeting between the two parties about a possible takeover it shows who is feeding supporters bulls***

Have we heard any comment at all.from.the Qatar people. No. Maybe that speaks for itself.

They have neither said.they want or don't want to buy any football club.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what I was trying to explain to you via PM. Have faith, things will be resolved, a lot of people may have their credibility shot though. At the end of the day: common sense trumps illogical rumours.

I hope things return to normalcy sooner rather than later.

Yes, we can focus on the fun relegation fight.

Is there anything in my post that leads you to think I'm happy with what's going on or is it just an unrelated question? (No, btw)

It was regarding you saying the ITK'ers saying the end is nigh.

I will take the word of quite a few of the ITK'ers on here rather than TFC'ers (The Fecking Clueless).

Not all of em' mind. Some are just making it up as they go along.

But some of them do know much more than can be said publicly. And after this talk of defamation I doubt they'll ever say anything ever again.

Why are we still discussing this, it is not happening. I appreciate Glen and others efforts to rid Venkys from the club but it is clear they are here to stay. As unfortunate as this is, we have to accept it and back them.

no way will I ever back Venkys I back BRFC not Venkys

Why are we still discussing this, it is not happening. I appreciate Glen and others efforts to rid Venkys from the club but it is clear they are here to stay. As unfortunate as this is, we have to accept it and back them.

The Rao's will get my backing when they start backing Blackburn Rovers Football Club, instead of backing cocco and his mentor JA

The Rao's will get my backing when they start backing Blackburn Rovers Football Club, instead of backing cocco and his mentor JA

They have to do an awful lot to change most fans attitudes towards them now starting with getting rid of Kean ,Any agents influence and all the rest and install a proper structure from the top of the club Hierarchy ( proper chairman , CEO , ) all the way to managing the playing staff !...OH and actually put money in for signings in jan not borrow ,mortgage , etc

Soon as I read this I thought, prepare to be flamed mate. People have gone easier than I thought.

I get where you are coming from but I don't think I could ever back them after everything they have done.

Scum. Subhuman scum.

My own gut feeling is that they are here to stay, until we go bust or they get a big offer and finally make a sensible decision for once and sell up.

Either way, I wouldn't be expecting Barry White Junior to be holding many board meetings.

There all crapping themselves about turning up at Ewood

• Backroom

Scum. Subhuman scum.

Hyperbole much?

I agree so far 'Venkys' ownership of Rovers has been nothing short of a complete failure but to call them subhuman scum for it is a gross exageration IMO.

I would love them to sell to the Qatari's but I still feel the failures of the last year have been more down to imcompetance and misguidance than anything more sinister.

I don't care about all the negative marks this will attract either.

Rapists / murderers / paedophiles - now there's your subhuman scum.

I mean, I can't see the fat (Please don't use that word again) passing the club onto his son somehow.

If he does, by that time we'll be playing park football and the boardroom will be a porta-kabin.

Not sure why they'd be anxious about attending, I'm sure they'd get a warm reception. Very warm.

I'd be very surprised if you ever see them at Ewood again, or at least in the owners seats.

Not because they are selling but because they know what kind of reception they are going to get.

He can hold a board meeting from the screen in the headrest in the back of personalised Bentley continental the sad tw@t.

If he was as passionate about the club as he was about all that rubbish and his finely pruned Austin Powers chest wig we might not be in such a mess.

I'm seething tonight.

Hyperbole much?

I agree so far 'Venkys' ownership of Rovers has been nothing short of a complete failure but to call them subhuman scum for it is a gross exageration IMO.

I would love them to sell to the Qatari's but I still feel the failures of the last year have been more down to imcompetance and misguidance than anything more sinister.

Been watching Alan Partridge recently - please don't take it too literally.

Hyperbole much?

Agree to an extent Tom, but it seems they haven't learnt any lessons from it , which does not bode well unfortunately

Hyperbole much?

It's like we are being murdered Tom and as for the baby comments they made ....SCUM

With Venky's staying, I will only back them if they sack Kean, install a good manager with backroom staff, a chairman and to clear the agents away from the club. If they can somehow manage to complete these tasks then it would be better. I am not expecting any of this however, I want them out as much as anyone unless they complete the simple cases from above.

With Venky's staying, I will only back them if they sack Kean, install a good manager with backroom staff, a chairman and to clear the agents away from the club. If they can somehow manage to complete these tasks then it would be better. I am not expecting any of this however, I want them out as much as anyone unless they complete the simple cases from above.

Very good post in my view. I said this morning. Something didn't add up. That remains tonight.

Unfortunately, I believe that the relationship between Rovers' supporters and Venky's is now irreperable. If you lose the goodwill of a large part of your customer base then you really are pushing water up hill.

Clearly, it needn't have been this way as their opening statements all made the right noises.

In a nutshell, IMO, their naivete, stubborness and very poor advice has led to this position.

Most people in their position would try to cut their losses and run.

It's speculated that they were made a very good offer by the Quatari people which would have meant they were not out of pocket, however, Venky's claim no offer has been made.

It is all very mystifying. The one thing for sure is that it's the well being of Rovers that has and is suffering.

Venky's just no how to say the wrong thing, how they run an international business i will never no. they only need to do 3 simple things to turn this club around.

1/ Sack that round headed idiot and get a decent manager in.

2/ Buy decent players in january, a right back a defensive mid and striker.

3/ Do everything above board.

I thought she'd washed her hands of the club? Left it to Bazza now?

Nice of her to put a statement together though. Delighted. Maybe she could nip over and watch her "baby" again someday? You know, at least pretend to show some interest in how its doing, see how the people who care for it are?

Venky's just no how to say the wrong thing, how they run an international business i will never no. they only need to do 3 simple things to turn this club around.

1/ Sack that round headed idiot and get a decent manager in.

[b]Anuradha Desai, said in January: 'Steve Kean will be safe in his job for the duration of that contract, whatever happens.
'I guarantee that. Without stability you cannot have success, and this provides stability. It's the way we work.
[/b]

2/ Buy decent players in january, a right back a defensive mid and striker.

linked with andy johnson.

3/ Do everything above board.

They need to appoint someone to run the club from Ewood not pune (If Balaji is so bothered about the club why doesn`t he move here and run it himself?)

It was regarding you saying the ITK'ers saying the end is nigh.

I will take the word of quite a few of the ITK'ers on here rather than TFC'ers (The Fecking Clueless).

Not all of em' mind. Some are just making it up as they go along.

But some of them do know much more than can be said publicly. And after this talk of defamation I doubt they'll ever say anything ever again.

Say anything again? Most have not said anything at all, other than nods and winks.

And therein lies the problem. Between those making it up and those who simply spin their opinion and analysis as fact and those who claim to know stuff the sad reality is there for all to see. Our position in the table and the fact that we are managed by statistically one of the worst managers ever to manage in the premier league

Archived