BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Backroom

I'll buy the pint.

BRFCS Christmas do, Philip's buying!

I wonder if now there has been the statement it will be the last we hear of it from the Rovers camp

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No searches through hundreds of threads and thousands of posts from me. No withdrawal either.

Your first sentence sounds like a threat so I'd suggest that you are the internet warrior.

I have gone out on a limb about you. If you prove me to be wrong it would be difficult for me to post on here again. I dont have your brass neck. Never the less I believe I am justified in my stance regarding you and I wont be bullied by your veiled threats.

Having said that it's getting close to bedtime in the Lucky Country for this early riser.

Goodnight.

Goodnight.

Enjoy your delusions and fantasies about threats veiled or otherwise. You haven't posted anything in support of your assetions so you have obviously gracelessly withdrawn.

I am still offering to meet and buy the first round.

Goodnight.

Enjoy your delusions and fantasies about threats veiled or otherwise. You haven't posted anything in support of your assetions so you have obviously gracelessly withdrawn.

"I can only repeat all this business that Ali Syed is not worth what he says he is because we cannot find him on the internet is buncum."

Funny how you didn't take your own advice there. ;)

No searches through hundreds of threads and thousands of posts from me. No withdrawal either.

Your first sentence sounds like a threat so I'd suggest that you are the internet warrior.

I have gone out on a limb about you. If you prove me to be wrong it would be difficult for me to post on here again. I dont have your brass neck. Never the less I believe I am justified in my stance regarding you and I wont be bullied by your veiled threats.

Having said that it's getting close to bedtime in the Lucky Country for this early riser.

Goodnight.

DGS-FFS! You're getting things way out of proportion.

Is the sun getting to you? Wear a hat!

It's being mentioned on Twitter that Qatar offered Venkys a £2.5m profit. If that is true, I understand Venkys not willing to sell. To sell at that price would be the same as saying "we failed. we give up". It is a silly offer IMO.

2.5 million profit, plus clearing of debts, would be a 10% return in one year. I'm not sure who or how good your investment banker is, but a 10% annual return is aces in my books.

2.5 million profit, plus clearing of debts, would be a 10% return in one year. I'm not sure who or how good your investment banker is, but a 10% annual return is aces in my books.

The problem there is that Indian nationals can get 9.5 Plus % on deposit accounts in India

Norwegian tv has commented on the qatari bid and i think they described the situation pretty good when they said it is impossible to understand the ownership and whats going on in the club, and that our table position clearly reflects whats going on in the board room, it seems like there is no plan behind what they're doing, and there is very little competence on how to run a premier league club.

I refuse to get any way optimistic wtr rovers at the minute but it seems odd to me that they would give up after one bid. Epecially when I presume they are used to getting what they want.

I realise Kamy knows far more than I do about the whole situation, it just seems unusual to me.

In business I would have thought you would put in a lower bid initially to feel out the owners to get an indication what it may take to seal the deal.

They now know the Vs woun't just give them the club on the cheap.

The Vs have absolutely no affinity to the club that is clear so they are waiting for an improved bid. Hence the ITV interview, they will claim they love the club bla bla bla in the hope that it will up the final price.

This is all just guess work, just a thought.

Anyway regardless KEAN OUT and he can take the Vs with him.

Trouble is Anderson and co are allegedly in Balaji's ear probably telling him that our 'brilliant manager stevie' will keep churning out young players worth millions. Add that to the sky money/mortgage etc he's more than likely telling him that he can draw 10 mill per year out the club plus still run it and sign cheap young un's for as long as he wants cause thats the kind of ###### agents come out with .

Nicko thinks the Qataris wouldn't get so close only to walk away if they believe we are the right club. Says he's awaiting their reaction. Maybe Venkys ARE waiting for an improved bid. Here's hoping

As much as I hate agreeing with him I agree with him IF the interest is/was genuine, something I'm not sure about.

Nicko thinks the Qataris wouldn't get so close only to walk away if they believe we are the right club. Says he's awaiting their reaction. Maybe Venkys ARE waiting for an improved bid. Here's hoping

Sadly, I think it's more than likely that the Qataris turned up and gave the doorbell a ring, but then Venkys didn't bother to answer the door.

So Mrs Desai probably isn't lying when she says she didn't see them. Probably thought it was the postman wanting her to sign for a parcel.

Archived