BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have a little more faith in Venky's if I had seen just one single iota of evidence that they actually know what to do today, never mind tomorrow Gav.

Hear,hear. Just tell me ONE thing they've got right in a whole 12 months. If they'd deliberately set out to ruin Rovers they couldn't have done a better job. They remind me of that character in Joseph Heller's " Catch 22 " who's name I've forgotten. Before the war this guy was a completely incompetent business man who was brought in by successful companies because they needed certain branches of their companies to make a loss for tax purposes. He just took over and in no time at all he'd run them into the ground. Milo Minderbender ? Major Major ?

• Backroom

Season ticket prices were a sensible decision by Venkys.

What choice did they have, though? Raise them and watch our already modest crowds drop even further?

In reality they were just continuing an initiative set in place by the previous regime. it's good that they kept it going but any other decision would have been foolish. Saying that... considering the rest of their tenure, maybe they should be applauded for doing one sensible thing in their entire reign, even if it wasn't their idea.

I really wish they'd put in an offer Venkys couldn't refuse.

They must know that the fans aren't happy with Venkys so it's not like they're breaking up a happy home. So I can't see why they wouldn't try and force the deal as Kamy said.

I really wish they'd put in an offer Venkys couldn't refuse.

They must know that the fans aren't happy with Venkys so it's not like they're breaking up a happy home. So I can't see why they wouldn't try and force the deal as Kamy said.

The problem is that Venky's don't want to sell, if they didn't have other options maybe they would things would be different but unfortunately for us they do have other options are going after one of them. They want to buy a club and fast, therefore Rovers ceased to become an option once Venky's said not for sale.

I'm not going to be at the Wigan game but where does someone even buy a Qatar flag from? :blink:

When I worked in industry we had visitors from all over the World. If we could we'd run up their flag for them. We dealt with " Middleton Flags " if my memory serves me well. They were very good re. delievery and quite cheap. On another note a pal of mine was looking to pave his backyard, looked in Yellow Pages, saw the name and phoned them up for a quote ! Honestly.

The problem is that Venky's don't want to sell, if they didn't have other options maybe they would things would be different but unfortunately for us they do have other options are going after one of them. They want to buy a club and fast, therefore Rovers ceased to become an option once Venky's said not for sale.

Rovers ceases to be once Venky's said not for sale.

I think this is more like the outcome Kamy.

Is quatar bid a serious one ?? Or just gossip .if so are they sincere etc .

Unconfirmed from Qatar and denied by Venkys, thats the offically messages they've put out. The rest is only rumours. ITK people think they offered Venkys 2mill extra on to what they paid and offered to clear the debt, we are probably never likely to know the full story though.

Archived