BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

So because they aren't saying it to you they aren't saying it at all. Not quite true. I'm not talking illuminati here but as you've seen today the issue about WEC has come out. Were you aware of that? A lot of people were but kept it quiet as requested by the people at the center of it. People respect their sources, but sometimes find it difficult not to release their information when others are defending the owners. Then they bite their lip and it ends up coming out as nods and winks.

It's frustrating for those not ITK as I'm in the same boat most of the time, but just recently it's been bloody frustrating not to tell a few of the naysayers a few things that would shut them up and stop bashing Glen and co.

But as you say, it all comes down to results and the league table at the end of the day. History does show that clubs in turmoil end up reflecting it on the pitch though.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I couldn't care less whether I know about a rumour or not - you won't find me PMing people for the information. The WEC thing is extremely disappointing and another sign of the mis-management taking place. But it doesn't sound like the really smelly stuff that people keep hinting at that could "bring the club down" Take this takeover for example. We've been here before. Ali Syed - people ITK thought he was going to buy us. Saudi Bugshan - people ITK thought they were going to buy us. We're still owned by this lot. If this QATAR group really, really want Rovers then they'll buy us. If they aren't that bothered, they won't.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am working on getting the Qatari's to talk on the record. In the meantime, all I wiill say is that it is upto each individual to decide whether they trust what the owners say after the last 12 months.

In light of legal problems that some people face, I have decided to be very careful with what I share. Such a shame that it has come to this.

Such lovely owners we have, promise us the earth,moon and stars before handing us a bucket of ######! And now they're in the process of trying to drag certain fans through the courts.

Boy am I glad they're keeping their baby...

Just reflecting on the press statements by Venkatesh and Anuradha.

In effect, they are saying that Andy Cryer and Alan Nixon have published total untruths and that Kamy and myself have been posting lies on this messageboard.

Less clearcut but I wonder whether to read between the lines of Mrs Desai's statement?

Mrs Desai is a very determined woman who usually gets her way sooner rather than later. The inference of the Mirror article on Monday was that she personally was determined to sell the club. We then heard she had withdrawn 100% from involvement with Rovers so does the fact she is apparently back involved mean she is pursuing her agenda to sell?

Perhaps Paul Agnew whom I believe wrote the alleged quote from Mrs Desai could enlighten us?

Just reflecting on the press statements by Venkatesh and Anuradha.

In effect, they are saying that Andy Cryer and Alan Nixon have published total untruths and that Kamy and myself have been posting lies on this messageboard.

Less clearcut but I wonder whether to read between the lines of Mrs Desai's statement?

Mrs Desai is a very determined woman who usually gets her way sooner rather than later. The inference of the Mirror article on Monday was that she personally was determined to sell the club. We then heard she had withdrawn 100% from involvement with Rovers so does the fact she is apparently back involved mean she is pursuing her agenda to sell?

Perhaps Paul Agnew whom I believe wrote the alleged quote from Mrs Desai could enlighten us?

That's an interesting take on things Philip, and quite perceptive.

Here's hoping.

Booth, I've been aware of the WEC thing and it's the one thing that I wouldn't have disputed from the rumours I've been privy to.

It seems like the lines of communication have broken down. I would agree with most on here that a chairman is imperative, and this is one of the things that needs to be asked of the owners.

There are some issues I would like clarification on from the club that journalists need to be asking. A lot of these things have been neglected in favor of accusing the owners of false allegations.

Any business has to communicate effectively, especially with its customers. There are other 'senior' managers at Ewood who should be embracing customer relationships. If the speculation about WEC is correct then none of it bodes well for Rovers, IMO, as customer retention is the relatively easier bit - nourishing new customers is far more difficult.

Note Philip's comments above about reading between the lines. Although not read too deeply into Venky's recently published results, two factors stand out for me and they are seemingly a significant fall in both profits and share price which clearly are not good for any company. Maybe, just maybe, Venky's will come round to thinking that Rovers is an unwelcome distraction that they just don't need given their current position in their core business.

It's being mentioned on Twitter that Qatar offered Venkys a £2.5m profit. If that is true, I understand Venkys not willing to sell. To sell at that price would be the same as saying "we failed. we give up". It is a silly offer IMO.

I have not seen that and I do not believe it either.

However, given the depth of the marketing, financial and managerial crises, never mind the league table, they would have been stark raving nuts not to have taken even a £2.5m profit

I see miker is still going on about non-specified false allegations without telling us what these are.

Also "lines of communication breaking down" is actually a euphemism for being stupid, ignorant and rude in this case in my opinion.

I have not seen that and I do not believe it either.

However, given the depth of the marketing, financial and managerial crises, never mind the league table, they would have been stark raving nuts not to have taken even a £2.5m profit

I see miker is still going on about non-specified false allegations without telling us what these are.

Also "lines of communication breaking down" is actually a euphemism for being stupid, ignorant and rude in this case in my opinion.

Do you believe they offered more than that?

From a Venky point of view, I would say £2.5m is extremely low. They have kept saying all these super positive things (though not much have happened, maybe), and talk of Champions League etc - no matter how silly that sounds.

If JA heard about this offer, I'm sure it was an easy task for him to convince Bala that "in a few years, when we play Champions League, the value of this club will be 10x that amount. To sell now would be disaster."

We can't look at it from OUR point of view. We have to try to figure out what the owners are thinking.

One thing about that statement - true or not - that comes to my mind. It makes it very difficult for venkys to sell the club, without being seen as liars. How could they sell when they have alledgedly put out a statement saying - we will never sell. To be honest in my opinion, that statement is from the club and not the owners. I do not believe it came from venkys. I am entitled to believe what I want to believe.

It's being mentioned on Twitter that Qatar offered Venkys a £2.5m profit. If that is true, I understand Venkys not willing to sell. To sell at that price would be the same as saying "we failed. we give up". It is a silly offer IMO.

I haven't seen that on twitter - who posted it? Not saying it wasn't mentioned, just, I have not seen it.

One thing about that statement - true or not - that comes to my mind. It makes it very difficult for venkys to sell the club, without being seen as liars. How could they sell when they have alledgedly put out a statement saying - we will never sell. To be honest in my opinion, that statement is from the club and not the owners. I do not believe it came from venkys. I am entitled to believe what I want to believe.

Its not worse than: "We know we said we would never sell, but this offer was just to good to not accept". We are 100% safe that we have found the right owner to continue our work and make Rovers a top club".

I haven't seen that on twitter - who posted it? Not saying it wasn't mentioned, just, I have not seen it.

Doesn't seem to have troubled them for the last 12 months.

How about the bombshell that is going rip through and devastate the club? You've been telling the forum that it's about to go off for the last twelve months.

Has Kammy and his revelations about the Premier League all clear spiked your guns?

This chap has allot to answer for philipl, firmly nailed his colors to the mast and protecting his investment no doubt :(

How about the bombshell that is going rip through and devastate the club? You've been telling the forum that it's about to go off for the last twelve months.

Has Kammy and his revelations about the Premier League all clear spiked your guns?

- first is still there

- the PL decision takes one enormous and immediate threat away and the timing of their comment perhaps gives a tiny ray of hope that something else is going on.

We are still left with:

- a league place five points from safety

- a manager whose poor results last season have declined to catastrophically bad this season

- a publicly dysfunctional family owning us

- a shambles instead of management behind the scenes at Ewood

- a finanancial situation which is pointing straight at administration (bank will be ok but we'd like Rovers to be ok...)

- an increasingly disaffected fan base

- sponsorship revenue falling off a cliff

Come on dgs, spike those guns for us and we will all come to Australia and we will throw a champagne party for you.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I couldn't care less whether I know about a rumour or not - you won't find me PMing people for the information. The WEC thing is extremely disappointing and another sign of the mis-management taking place. But it doesn't sound like the really smelly stuff that people keep hinting at that could "bring the club down" Take this takeover for example. We've been here before. Ali Syed - people ITK thought he was going to buy us. Saudi Bugshan - people ITK thought they were going to buy us. We're still owned by this lot. If this QATAR group really, really want Rovers then they'll buy us. If they aren't that bothered, they won't.

Knowing more about it, it is pretty smelly. Not the really smelly stuff you're talking about, but it does reek. It may not "bring the club down" on its own, but it's things like this that will do collectively in time. And it's this very reason I really wish the club had changed hands. I couldn't give a stuff about the daft rumours, they are doing enough of a bad job without the daft ones for me to worry that the club is being irreparably damaged.

If the club can get through this difficult period, it can get through anything.

- first is still there

Too easy to say that and then hide behind protecting sources, fear of litigation etc. If you wont say then keep schtum.

I believe you admitted having some involvement with a bid that lost out to Venkys. Since then you have been on a fairly relentless mission to slur and smear the owners but have not come up with anything apart from some outlandish stuff about Maradonna. The only revelations there have been about Venkys is just how spectacularly rubbish they are and I dont think anybody saw that coming.

We are still left with:

- a league place five points from safety

- a manager whose poor results last season have declined to catastrophically bad this season

- a publicly dysfunctional family owning us

- a shambles instead of management behind the scenes at Ewood

- a finanancial situation which is pointing straight at administration (bank will be ok but we'd like Rovers to be ok...)

- an increasingly disaffected fan base

- sponsorship revenue falling off a cliff

Cant disagree with any of that.

Come on dgs, spike those guns for us and we will all come to Australia and we will throw a champagne party for you.

I'm coming home for christmas if you fancy a festive pint? Nah, me neither.

Too easy to say that and then hide behind protecting sources, fear of litigation etc. I you wont say then keep schtum.

You are the one who brought it up this time. Over to you to keep schtum then isn't it.

I believe you admitted having some involvement with a bid that lost out to Venkys. Since then you have been on a fairly relentless mission to slur and smear the owners but have not come up with anything apart from some outlandish stuff about Maradonna. The only revelations there have been about Venkys is just how spectacularly rubbish they are and I dont think anybody saw that coming.

No I didn't have any involvement in any bid that lost out to Venky's. I have never claimed that and you are completely wrong in that assertion. The only involvement in anything of that nature which I have gone public about is what I have posted in the last week or so. I am glad that you have given me this opportunity to firmly kill this one.

Cant disagree with any of that.

Good we agree but we are agreeing about a terrible state of affairs- a few of us feared that Venky's would not be good prior to the sale but what they have actually turned out to be is far worse than was possible to imagine. I knocked back the aset stripping notions a few people had a year ago. In my opinion, Jerome Anderson has helped himself handsomely on the back of the club's assets and the Venky's are too disorganised, disunited and incompetent even to asset strip with conviction.

I'm coming home for christmas if you fancy a festive pint? Nah, me neither.

I'm up for it. Your posts would probably change dramatically if we were to meet.

You brought it up Phil. Jesus, it was only a couple of posts back, I even quoted it for you! :blink:

You definately admitted involvement with the Syed camp. I'm not going to search for it but you did and Nicko tore you a new one for it. You cant be relied upon to remember that clearly when you deny stuff that you posted an hour ago!

Judging by that post a seriously doubt I'd change my posts about you or my opinion about your agenda.

You brought it up Phil. Jesus, it was only a couple of posts back, I even quoted it for you! :blink:

You definately admitted involvement with the Syed camp. I'm not going to search for it but you did and Nicko tore you a new one for it. You cant be relied upon to remember that clearly when you deny stuff that you posted an hour ago!

Judging by that post a seriously doubt I'd change my posts about you or my opinion about your agenda.

You're the one who tells me Sam's gone and there's no point mentioning him!

Syed has surely had his day.

This is getting stupid- post the links or withdraw.

You are clearly just an internet warrior. I'll buy the pint.

This is getting stupid- post the links or withdraw.

You are clearly just an internet warrior. I'll buy the pint.

No searches through hundreds of threads and thousands of posts from me. No withdrawal either.

Your first sentence sounds like a threat so I'd suggest that you are the internet warrior.

I have gone out on a limb about you. If you prove me to be wrong it would be difficult for me to post on here again. I dont have your brass neck. Never the less I believe I am justified in my stance regarding you and I wont be bullied by your veiled threats.

Having said that it's getting close to bedtime in the Lucky Country for this early riser.

Goodnight.

Archived