BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

I find it funny that the longest recorded time in the air performed by a chicken, 13 seconds, is probably longer than the time Venkys have spent doing good things for this club.

Is that the record?

Im off to a large gorge with a chicken, I will be remembered, and this will be my legacy.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So to summarise: a very rich group who weren't particulalry keen on buying us were introduced to another quite rich group who weren't particularly keen on selling us. And nothing happened.

EiT, oversimplistic. First part seems about right but second isn't. From what we hear, half of the sellers were pretty desperate to sell, only one wasn't, and the other couldn't make his mind up. Also the sellers were almost universally disliked by their 'customers'.

But a career in tabloid headline writing beckons.

Far point, I was not aware.

But one thing that is not in any of the media outlets. Anything with regards anything dodgy happening within the club. Not even a hint. Would you not think that if the club or owners had done something that would maybe end up with a points deduction, relegation that the media would not be all over it. Other clubs would love Rovers to fill one of those relegation spots - it would mean they would only have to stay above two other teams. But there is nothing.

As much as I would like Rovers to have different owners - because they have shown me they are not right for the club. Also a different manager - his record shows me he is not good enough. Because I think the players are good enough to stay up, but are badly managed. But something is not adding up.

There are many on here who claim to be in the know about behind the scenes happenings, who have contacted me. But something is not adding up. To be honest I would like all those who claim to know what is going on to PM me so that I can sift everything said. It would not be put on here, just for my own curiosity. Some have PM'd me before and know I won't break confidences.

IF, and it is a big IF, we get out of the relegation zone for a while, you might see some of the stories appearing for the very reasons you wrote!

EiT, oversimplistic. First part seems about right but second isn't. From what we hear, half of the sellers were pretty desperate to sell, only one wasn't, and the other couldn't make his mind up. Also the sellers were almost universally disliked by their 'customers'.

But a career in tabloid headline writing beckons.

Maybe, but I would have thought that at least one of our thousands of ITKers would have known that all 4 needed to agree, thus making any sale very unlikely in the first place. Especially as our ITKers apparently know what each of the 4 thought on the issue and how long their private phone calls last.

This is the second "We're about to be sold" frenzy on here when patently we weren't.

Maybe, but I would have thought that at least one of our thousands of ITKers would have known that all 4 needed to agree, thus making any sale very unlikely in the first place. Especially as our ITKers apparently know what each of the 4 thought on the issue and how long their private phone calls last.

This is the second "We're about to be sold" frenzy on here when patently we weren't.

I'm going to start calling you Jack Dee for your ever optimistic outlook on life.

The idea was to make an offer they couldn't refuse. Turns out Balaji was convinced it was in his best interests to refuse. There was every possibility of a deal happening.

I'm going to start calling you Jack Dee for your ever optimistic outlook on life.

The idea was to make an offer they couldn't refuse. Turns out Balaji was convinced it was in his best interests to refuse. There was every possibility of a deal happening.

The club wasn't actively up for sale and, despite what has been said about them, I don't believe they need the money so surely the offer was always going to have to overcome emotional factors rather than meet rational ones. As the buyers only ever make one offer, and the owners are well-proven hagglers, then how likely was it really that a reasonable offer would have been immediately accepted by all four?

I know nothing of the details but this has always sounded a long-shot than a whodathunkit can't believe they turned it down.

The club wasn't actively up for sale and, despite what has been said about them, I don't believe they need the money so surely the offer was always going to have to overcome emotional factors rather than meet rational ones. As the buyers only ever make one offer, and the owners are well-proven hagglers, then how likely was it really that a reasonable offer would have been immediately accepted by all four?

I know nothing of the details but this has always sounded a long-shot than a whodathunkit can't believe they turned it down.

A lot of money would make business sense, who wouldn't sell for a profit?

There are other driving factors with a deal though that mean that money is not the only concern. The majority of the family seem to want the deal to happen. One of them is listening to the voices in his head telling him it can work despite mounting pressure over the legitimacy of their ownership.

A lot of money would make business sense, who wouldn't sell for a profit?

There are other driving factors with a deal though that mean that money is not the only concern. The majority of the family seem to want the deal to happen. One of them is listening to the voices in his head telling him it can work despite mounting pressure over the legitimacy of their ownership.

Care to clarify ?

sorry about my rant yesterday just very frustrated please disregard my opinion about outing people I am not that daft just clinging onto hope it's not over but am not confident as kamy is usually correct with these things but I meant what I said will be joining glen next time I'm up ewood way to protest peacefully to get these clowns out of our club sorry if I offended anyone with that post just had too much to drink probably why it came out that way. Sorry once again.

If this is only partially true I still say,

VENKYS, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING HERE. WITH EVERY PASSING DAY YOU ARE PROVING TO THE WORLD WHAT INEPT BUSINESS PEOPLE YOU ARE. YOU ARE DEMONSTRATING A TEXT BOOK EXAMPLE OF HOW NOT TO RUN A PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL CLUB.

YOU ARE CLEARLY INCAPABLE OF MAKING DISCISIONS WHICH WILL TURN THIS OCEANLINER OF A DISASTER AROUND.

DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU ARE GOING TO TURN THIS AROUND AND MAKE IT A SUCCESS. NEXT SEASON IF YOU ARE RUNNING A CHAMPIONSHIP CLUB, WILL YOUR PASSION BE AS GREAT. WILL YOU REGRET NOT TAKING THIS OPPORTUNITY.

YOU'VE HAD YOUR FUN, BUT YOU ARE PLAYING WITH PEOPLES LIVES. A FOOTBALL CLUB WITH A PROUD HISTORY IS AT RISK HERE.

AS A FAMILY AND A COMPANY DO YOU WANT TO BE THE ONES ASSOCIATED WITH DESTROYING A PREMIER LEAGUE FOOTBALL.

IN THE NAME OF GOD, DO THE RIGHT THING. SELL UP AND GET OUT!

Has anybody got an email address for the loons?

Care to clarify ?

A lot of rumours circulating about who is calling the shots, that is all.

Would you sell if you didnt need to?

If it meant getting out of a club where things have been going downhill since day one and the club's valuation has plummeted while debts increase, yes, i would sell.

Venkys don't have to, but the longer they stay the worse it gets.

A lot of rumours circulating about who is calling the shots, that is all.

If it meant getting out of a club where things have been going downhill since day one and the club's valuation has plummeted while debts increase, yes, i would sell.

Venkys don't have to, but the longer they stay the worse it gets.

Surely it has been obvious from day 1 that Barry is in it for the perceieved glamour? Why would he give that up for a few million profit split 4 ways when apparently he was able to shunt 40 million into the club's bank account back in the good old days of Maradonna joining next week?

Northern_RoverNorthern Rover

Premier League have told me in no uncertain terms today that no investigation into Rovers, they are satisfied by way Rovers do business.

Has this not shot a fox or two ?

It is weird though.

If the offer were actually there, and the Qataris said "we will offer you this much for the club. Take it, or we will find some other club to buy, and make them HUGE"

Then Venky's say "no, thanks. We wanna try to make Rovers big ourselves".

Now for Venkys to achieve that, they will have to AT LEAST match the investments coming from the Qataris into whatever club they buy. Once they buy a club, the task will be even harder for Venkys.

Venkys want European football, and Champions league within 4-5 years.

Who will they have to outspend to achieve that?

1 Manchester United

2 Manchester City

3 Liverpool

4 Tottenham

5 Chelsea

6 Arsenal

7 Qatar club

--

Then, before they can even come close to those teams, we have to outspend

8 Sunderland

9 QPR

10 Aston Villa

11 Stoke

--

Even if we manage to get past numer 8-11, there will still be 7 clubs who are MASSIVELY investing to reach Champions league, and win trophies. Ultimately, by rejecting the offer from Qatar, they have put themselves in a position where they HAVE to spend very very big bucks to even have a slight chance of becoming a force to reckon with.

Northern_RoverNorthern Rover

Premier League have told me in no uncertain terms today that no investigation into Rovers, they are satisfied by way Rovers do business.

This is excellent news.

I'm now one step closer to being able to sleep at night. Further boxes that need checked:

1. Kean sacked.

2. A competent and experienced manager appointed.

3. Publication of accounts and explanation of Rovers' debt load (both directly on the club and on Venkys London).

4. An explanation as to when Venkys cash, as opposed to Rovers borrowing and transfer fees, might be injected into the club.

5. A respected and experienced chairman appointed.

One down, five more to go. :rolleyes:

Might I enquire to any ITKers as to whether any further instalment payments are due to the Walker Trust?

Somewhere it has been suggested that a further amount is due twelve months hence of the buy out.

With rumours that our Indian owners are not in full agreement as to accepting the reported Qatari bid, with the youngest sibling being informed that future funds would not be forthcoming. If indeed further payments are due to the Trust (and perhaps there are doubts as to whether they have paid earlier amounts too as per the sale agreement), might the trustees be encouraged to do whatever they are able to insert pressure on the Venkys to part with their cash? Parting with money always focuses the mind and might possibly be a way to encourage Venkys to seriously contemplate the Qatari bid? Possibly the Trustees/Walker family might comment on the past twelve months and lend their support to a new takeover, thereby putting pressure on the Venkys, in order to make amends?

Would you sell if you didnt need to?

If you were hated by a lot of the customers, some voting with their feet, and you were making a decent profit after only twelve months, you betcha!

Tweet by Nicko earlier today that I missed...

@Steve_Kean Bad news for u. This lot don't like a night out. Milk Sheikhs only.

Archived