BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

What high horse? It's been impossible to post on here because anything that differed from the "I hate venkys, I hate Kean. The end." script was pounced upon by every single member that still posts on this messageboard.

We've had pages and pages of posts of hatred in the last week or so, and barely a few that are actually about FOOTBALL.

At the end of the day Miker, you can't come on a BRFC message board which is full of people who love their club with a passion, and are seeing it being driven into the ground, and expect everyone to be happy.

And then to tell everyone not to be angry - when you haven't actually been to Ewood yet and aren't aware of the most rudimentary of football traditions.

Some of us have been going all of our lives, along with our parents and grandparents and been brought up with it. Bit rude telling us what we should and shouldn't be doing.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha you are following the wrong team in the wrong sport I'm afraid. I understand why you are not freaking out now..

Eh, ok so to be honest I was actually laughing on the day and found it to be pretty amusing, but I don't follow football or support Rovers for the rivalries.

So they aren't the evil crooked overlords some have made them out to be, they're merely a group who have managed to turn a well run established premier league club with a proud history into a national joke with a very possible chance of relegation in the space of 12 months of taking control. I feel so much better now.

At the end of the day Miker, you can't come on a BRFC message board which is full of people who love their club with a passion, and are seeing it being driven into the ground, and expect everyone to be happy.

And then to tell everyone not to be angry - when you haven't actually been to Ewood yet and aren't aware of the most rudimentary of football traditions.

Some of us have been going all of our lives, along with our parents and grandparents and been brought up with it. Bit rude telling us what we should and shouldn't be doing.

Sure. Agreed. I won't comment more on the subject. I feel I have been very reasonable with my responses to people and haven't aimed to "tell" people to do anything.

So they aren't the evil crooked overlords some have made them out to be, they're merely a group who have managed to turn a well run established premier league club with a proud history into a national joke with a very possible chance of relegation in the space of 12 months of taking control. I feel so much better now.

No it just means the Premier League are not investigating, remember these people somehow passed the fit and proper owners test organised by the PL, the same people who originally issued a nothing to see here move on statement about Portsmouth

Its weird though, you've got all these people saying this and that with opposing "facts" you have no idea what's true or who to believe. The focus seems to shift from SK to JA to Venkys rinse and repeat. Is anyone truly ITK? I don't think so.

Find the source, find your answer.

If people start being taken to court they will have to declare where their "evidence" is. And if they name names, more people will have to be tried, and more and more, until eventually the source of the rumours is found.

And then we'll know the truth.

Sure. Agreed. I won't comment more on the subject. I feel I have been very reasonable with my responses to people and haven't aimed to "tell" people to do anything.

Fair enough. As long as you're aware that your views on it are alien to us who go every week.

I don't think anyone goes to watch the club "because of the rivalries", it's just part of the rich tapestry. If the rivalries weren't there we'd still go.

But it does actually give it a bit of extra poke when you know if you don't win against Burnley, your colleagues may give you a lot of stick at work after the weekend.

Marty, if these false allegations have been posted as fact to purposely attack Venky's with a clear motive, then people CAN and WILL be persecuted, if lawyers are taking action as Kamy has suggested.

This has been defamation at its ugliest.

Miker,

I think I have read all your posts today and apart from a lot of bluster, what have they said?

Allegations that people are throwing unfounded allegations around and this post promising prosecution. Bring it on!

Seriously which allegations in particular do you personally think are not true let alone is "defamation at its ugliest"?

As you said yourself, you chose to drop out of podcast 14 of your own volition.

Glad you think getting out of a relegation slop is all that is wrong at Rovers and giving the impression that climbing the table under the worst manager in the table is a mere bagatelle.

Miker,

I think I have read all your posts today and apart from a lot of bluster, what have they said?

Allegations that people are throwing unfounded allegations around and this post promising prosecution. Bring it on!

Seriously which allegations in particular do you personally think are not true let alone is "defamation at its ugliest"?

Glad you think getting out of a relegation slop is all that is wrong at Rovers and giving the impression that climbing the table under the worst manager in the table is a mere bagatelle.

Thats the spirit, the venkys can go and do one if they think they can silence the Rovers suporters

Rovers to be sold by Friday then?

No one visited us!

that would be two or more then!

Miker,

Glad to see you're back on it.

Show them hell!

PS can you message me again?

Irony at its best.

Why are you having a pop at him? He's spoken a lot of sense. This board has been full of ITKers suggesting "The end is nigh" for ages now, and whilst this board is moderated, other social media sites haven't been so backwards in coming forward. And without a shred of evidence they could well get sued. And then I'd guess they'd blame that on Venky's too, rather than their own stupidity.

It really is a sad state of affairs that after the year of disaster we've had at the hands of Venky's people are mourning the fact that we haven't jumped into the unknown yet again. And I know the argument is that who could be worse than Venky's - well, ask Porstmouth how that reasoning worked out for them.

It's weird, isn't it?

You take over a business for £20 million 12 months ago.

- In that time, you lose most of the management who were responsible for the business performing exceptionally in a tough environment.

Your replacement for the pivotal role in the business comes on the cheap with no track record in that role.

- The business performance progressively gets worse, and may result in you not being able to compete in the only lucrative market there is for that business, this could happen in 7 months.

- The business was making a loss when you took it over and no business model exists that would enable you to turn a profit. It is a business for philanphropists and PR-seekers (and you are the latter).

- Your income from other businesses by all accounts does not allow you to put any decent money in, instead you continue to run the business on debt, and thanks to somewhat dubious advice, costs are now seemingly spiralling out of control.

- There is no-one left in the business who can help you turn things round.

- You now have achieved your aim of getting your umbrella company brand well-known. However, the longer you keep this business, the greater the chance that your brand will be seen negatively and so meaning your entire investment was for nought.

- By any sensible financial analysis, the economic health of this business will continue to get worse if left as it is, and what is more, the chances of you having the financial wherewithal to restore the health of the business are poor.

Looking at it from that perspective, the decision not to sell to a Qatari oilcompany is absolutely bloody mind-boogling.

Irony at its best.

Why are you having a pop at him? He's spoken a lot of sense. This board has been full of ITKers suggesting "The end is nigh" for ages now, and whilst this board is moderated, other social media sites haven't been so backwards in coming forward. And without a shred of evidence they could well get sued. And then I'd guess they'd blame that on Venky's too, rather than their own stupidity.

It really is a sad state of affairs that after the year of disaster we've had at the hands of Venky's people are mourning the fact that we haven't jumped into the unknown yet again. And I know the argument is that who could be worse than Venky's - well, ask Porstmouth how that reasoning worked out for them.

He's spoken a lot of sense. He's said he doesn't get why Rovers fans chanted bad things at the Burnley fans. Yes a lot of sense.

Are you happy with what's going on rth?

I think you should read the statement on rovers website. NOBODY HAS.VISITED US. Referring to Qatar. So they claim no approach has been made.

This is either false and they have been approached. Or it is true and some on here have been taken for a ride

Either way this thread is now pointless. There is no sale.

I think you should read the statement on rovers website. NOBODY HAS.VISITED US. Referring to Qatar. So they claim no approach has been made.

This is either false and they have been approached. Or it is true and some on here have been taken for a ride

Either way this thread is now pointless. There is no sale.

I disagree it's not pointless, my reasoning is that if somebody can prove that there has or has not been a meeting between the two parties about a possible takeover it shows who is feeding supporters bulls***

He's spoken a lot of sense. He's said he doesn't get why Rovers fans chanted bad things at the Burnley fans. Yes a lot of sense.

Are you happy with what's going on rth?

Is there anything in my post that leads you to think I'm happy with what's going on or is it just an unrelated question? (No, btw)

Archived