BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

From the People article:

If the Qataris could buy Rovers at the Venky’s purchase price, and inherit their debt, it would leave an unbelievable ­amount of cash for new players.

However, sources at Ewood Park claim that not even a whacking profit would make the Rao family walk away now.

They have invested heavily in making Blackburn ‘India’s Premier League club’ and they do not want to lose face.

Word of the potential Qatari investor has flashed around football in the past few days, and agents working for other clubs have been trying frantically to court them to find out if they are interested.

As one senior Premier League official said: “This would be Christmas come early and often for someone.

“The big clubs are either not for sale or just not interested.

“But one of the rest of us could get really lucky and come into a fortune at a time when so many are tightening their belts.”

This to me is why the Venky's will not sell. However they do not seem to understand just how much face they are losing by actually owning us. Just don't see it happening it's just too good to be true.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What on earth did people expect??? After last summer, are people still genuinely getting carried away with things like this?? For all we know, the Qatari's may be as ill advised and naive as Venky's. Most of the people on here know absolutely nothing about the Qatar group so how can you judge whether they'd be any better than Venky's?? Im not saying it wouldn't be hard for them to be better, but the point still stands. I never expected Venky's to sell as they're clearly, rightly or wrongly, not in this for the money or profit.

Just as I thought things couldn't get worse with Venky's in charge.

Being thrown a life line only for them to cut the rope off.

It doesn't matter to me if by not selling they're showing commitment and that they're (god forbid) in it for the long haul. They don't listen to fans. They don't invest as promised. They generally don't keep their word.

What on earth did people expect??? After last summer, are people still genuinely getting carried away with things like this?? For all we know, the Qatari's may be as ill advised and naive as Venky's. Most of the people on here know absolutely nothing about the Qatar group so how can you judge whether they'd be any better than Venky's?? Im not saying it wouldn't be hard for them to be better, but the point still stands. I never expected Venky's to sell as they're clearly, rightly or wrongly, not in this for the money or profit.

They are in it to sell more chickens, not to run a football club.

All PR is good PR.

All I will say is that the Qatari interest is VERY real, as is the interest from one other group. At this stage it would be unwise to say anymore because things are at a very delicate stage, other than to say that if Venky's don't sell with to these interested groups then they will never get better offers and are here for the long term.

That's good enough for me.But why all the interested buyers all of a sudden?...I have a sneeky feeling Venky's have been looking to sell for some time! :rock:

I hope that Venky's dont play stubborn here,they know they are out of their depth so lets pray they sell up and we ALL move on to better times.

The problem is that Qatari's won't wait, they will move onto another club.

I am so angry I could cry. Relegation (and possible liquidation!) will feel even more heartbreaking and horrible, knowing that we could have been saved in the 11th hour and actually gotten sound, rich owners instead of the evil, twisted lunatics straight from the Pune mental asylum ("IMO").

Forgive me for being so blunt, but I can't help it...

F*** OFF, VENKY'S, YOU ABSOLUTE ********

Stalin would know what to do with these ___s. And I would heartily cheer such a fate for the Raos, kean and Anderson.

It is time to get underhand, nasty and dirty. Time to make them fearful of entering the country. To to reclaim the club by any means deemed necessary. The club is at stake here, and we should fight evil with force and power.

This is a ###### disgusting thing to say. As someone who's family has come from the USSR and whose relatives were killed and tortured under Stalin's regime, I find this completely reprehensible.

They are all still people. Your judgement of all of them is almost entirely based on illogical rumours and complete fabrications. Unbelievable. People need to get a grip, you've all descended into complete lunacy.

Archived