BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

That relationship doesn't really matter to them or their business though, does it, Philip? From what we hear, even if Venky's do lose the battle with the public of Blackburn, we will probably already be well on the way to losing our club.

Do you think Venky's are being underhand here or has Anderson really pulled the wool so far over their eyes? Which one of them is he influencing?

The Qatari's won't hang around waiting for the Venky's to see sense?

And nor will Venkys when we get relegated.

They have a chance of making amends and leaving gracefully but no, they will be remembered as the people who sent us down after dismantling the infrastructure of the club bit by bit.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you still proud of your friendship with the Venkys Roversmum?

Roversmum may have a different opinion on things than others on here. But she does not deserve the garbage she is getting from some posters on here.

I think the reason they won't sell the club is because then Venkys venture into football would be deemed a failure & they won't want to be seen as failures, I think that comes from the culture over there doesn't it?

By the time this Jerome Anderson fella has finished he will have totally ruined our club. It seems that he has pulled the wool over the owners eyes with a number of different things and they have just gone along with it although it's their own fault for getting rid of John Williams & not coming over and getting involved with the day to day running of the club.

I really do hope they decide to sell, and the prospective new owners take steps to steady the situation both on & off the field very, very quickly. In my opinion this would mean replacing the majority of the board, replacing the manager & some of the coaching staff and signing some players that we actually need, 2 full backs, a combative midfielder and a proper centre forward. No "Marquee Signings" required, just good players that will get the job done.

We can all live in hope, but if Kamys sources at Venkys are telling the truth and they have decided not to sell then they have made the wrong decision & may we may end up paying the ultimate price for their naivety & poor decision making and this is totally unacceptable.

yeah both surely they would be a failure if we get relegated!

because that is where we are going under kean and venky's leadership for sure.

i wonder if that baldheaded twonk talked mrs d into staying on just to keep his job, asswipe.

i dont know mrs d and my jobs ok ,just finished overtime .thanks tho.

Al makes the point that we should let them know about how we feel, they never bloody come to any games!

neither do you ...boom boom

The only thing I can think of to help persuade Balaji to agree to sell is.

Venkys we believe have been badly advised ever since getting involved with Rovers. We know by you know who.

Maybe we should, as a club offer them away out. Give them for a year, free advertisement with regards to venky company. Even if it means naming a stand after them for a simular period - yes dread the thought myself. But for a year I'd just about stomach it, if it meant getting the main deal done with qatar.

Maybe even help towards getting the help they need for Indian football - continue playing a match / tounament over there etc.

That way they do not lose face in the eyes of those back in India.

That is all common sense PAFELL and surely a win,win situation for all concerned,or so you would think :unsure:

There's simply one problem.....this lot cant see the Wood for the Tree's,they haven't got a flurkin clue,they dont know their arse from their elbow!

So not only are we going to be relegated, we are going to be relegated knowing that we could have been bought by billionaires.

Awesome.

That's the best way of summing it up I've yet seen. It really does take the whizz.

The poll should really be, if Rovers didn't have an owner and you had a choice would you pick the Qatari billionaires or Venkys.

Far to quiet on here now.... Something is going on....

Bloody hope so. Could the Qateries not buy us out but let the Venkys still be our sponsors in India. Face saved.

Call me a cynic, but in my opinion, the main reason why the Venky's would not sell is that they are holding out for a higher price. If we strip off the bells and whistles, it boils down to dollars and cents. I'm sure the Indians have a price in their head, thought that is likely to be unreasonably high, especially if they are still being advised by that particular agent. I hate Venky's for destroying everything I love about the club.

how much would it take for venkys to sell???

Swallowing of pride and a very large portion of commonsense. The best move they could do for themselves, the club is sell.

If they do not, I think things will end up very nasty for them.

By selling, they escape. In my opinion of course.

Maybe its time for the people in the know to play dirty and threaten to expose everything to the FA and Premier league unless the club is sold

I don't think that's the right course of action if these rumours are true. I'd be more concerned of the media getting hold of any inside info from credible sources, journalists care more for making a name for themselves than the future of a lowly club like us. They'd love to put a spin on things and make the headlines but there seems to be too much at stake, a lot of people have mentioned automatic relegation if these rumours come to fruition. Also it's been rumoured that the PL knows all about this, especially if another club has supposedly made a formal complaint about something to do with the club. The PL aren't stupid as an organisation, I get the feeling they know more than anyone on here.

I think rather than trying to pressure these "ITK's" everyone should be more concerned with getting behind the Venkys Out motion. Rid the club of them and their "just like family" members and try and save what's left of the club.

Just my tuppence.

I don't think that's the right course of action if these rumours are true. I'd be more concerned of the media getting hold of any inside info from credible sources, journalists care more for making a name for themselves than the future of a lowly club like us. They'd love to put a spin on things and make the headlines but there seems to be too much at stake, a lot of people have mentioned automatic relegation if these rumours come to fruition. Also it's been rumoured that the PL knows all about this, especially if another club has supposedly made a formal complaint about something to do with the club. The PL aren't stupid as an organisation, I get the feeling they know more than anyone on here.

I think rather than trying to pressure these "ITK's" everyone should be more concerned with getting behind the Venkys Out motion. Rid the club of them and their "just like family" members and try and save what's left of the club.

Just my tuppence.

Automatic relegation by the Premier League or relegation by Venkys amount to the same thing. If Venky's are determined not to sell what is the point in the Venkys out motion..

Archived