BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they won't sell, the Raos desperately need to clear the air and get a clean start, but I doubt they know how to go about doing it, especially with Wormtongue whispering in their ears.

If they don't sell, clearing the air will not be an issue. That will be done for them whether they like it or not, they're just too blind to see the extent of the consequences. There are no positives to them staying, I assure you, no matter how good their future intentions.

Anderson is using Rovers as a shield against what is coming his way.

One Rao is too lacking in worldly wisdom that he fell for Anderson's blandishments and has set up his sister (who is responsible person) for an absolute shellacking as a consequence in my opinion.

She faces some horrible consequences as do the Rovers.

So let me get this straight. Scenario venky's don't sell. Huge debts continue to mount due to the mortgages taken out against future t.v rights and potential january transfers/wages/agent fees. payments can't be made as we get relegated because venky's have invested faith in useless manager and kentaro. Assets sold. Debt loans paid off by sales of players but loan payments still not met completely as we perform badly on the field due to no players-venky's london declared bankrupt (who is separate from Venky's india) and the rest of club including brockhall/stadium is in hands of bank and venky's walk away with nothing lost because they haven't invested just taken out loans. So what would the bank do further strip assets or put the club up for sale?

I think that's the problem, we don't have one owner, the corporate entity Venky's may own us, but it's been obviously that we have three individuals that own us and I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion (based on a mixture of personal experience and here-say) that we have three very different people who want three very different things for the club.

From my own stand point (which may be very very wrong, so take this with a pinch of salt). Mrs D seems to be the business brain, I'd imagine she's all over this takeover. Balaji seems to be the real "fan" and wants success at any cost (and I'd suspects hates the idea) and Venketesh seems to be much more of a philanthropist and sees the good he could do with it all and probably doesn't care either way (though the last one is a bit of a guess).

We've heard stories (which may or may not be true) about Mrs D vetoing certain decisions that would have benefited the club, what if we now have Balaji and Venketesh vetoing things because ultimately they believe they can make a success of it? (This is all purely hypothetical)

If I'm right, it no longer becomes a matter of "simple maths" but a case of big sister threatening to take away their favourite toy (even if said toy is now held together with sticky tape and the box has long since been discarded). Now I saw Balaji's passion first hand, what I've yet to see is if he can come good on a dream he shares with the fans.

It's becoming more apparent with each passing hour that the Raos are a classic example of the kids squandering and wrecking the great work carried out by their parents. Truly shocking that they're even involved with our club let alone owners! :angry2:

So let me get this straight. Scenario venky's don't sell. Huge debts continue to mount due to the mortgages taken out against future t.v rights and potential january transfers/wages/agent fees. payments can't be made as we get relegated because venky's have invested faith in useless manager and kentaro. Assets sold. Debt loans paid off by sales of players but loan payments still not met completely as we perform badly on the field due to no players-venky's london declared bankrupt (who is separate from Venky's india) and the rest of club including brockhall/stadium is in hands of bank and venky's walk away with nothing lost because they haven't invested just taken out loans. So what would the bank do further strip assets or put the club up for sale?

Yes i can so clearly see why venky's want to hold onto the club-still doesn't add up!!!!

I think you will find that they already know and have told the Raos to sell or face the consequences

Some people don't listen pal.

If Venkys are staying, the priority has to be building a relationship with the fans and quickly!

They can kiss my ass ! The damage is done!!

Glenn said he knew of 'an honourable person' with Venky's phone number (I hope whoever this is) they do the right thing and contact Venky's.

Furthermore the town's MP Jack Straw needs to put forward how the people of Blackburn and all Rover's fans everywhere feel about the current situation. If only the Walker Trust had waited a bit longer....

Kamy who your source mate be honest, I was told yet again there not going to sell if there not selling up there should come clean with the fans.Kamy dont you reply to people PM.

Like he's going to throw away many years of hard work and investigative journalism.

If Everton were that desirable they would have been taken over a long time ago.

Unlike us, they're looking at an extra £300m for a new stadium.

Just skim read alot of these posts and looked on twitter,

Come on folks pick yourself up of the ground, You are the one thing that without there is no club...... Supporters are the customer, and the first signs of defeat is seeing towels thrown in the ring.

Well persistance beats resistance, and I don't believe in no or can't, I don't give two hoots what is pouring out the Venkys or Andersons trap, because:

1. Rule 1 We are Blackburn Rovers

2. We aint going anywhere without a fight

3. When the going gets tough, we stick together and dreams can happen.

4. We have all got fight in us, and yes we are all depressed with the circus our club has become in the last 12 months, but hey, by accepting it, we let them win.

5. There must only ever be one winner here and that should be Rule 1

Take a time out , gather up all your strength and believe, Supporters are still the most powerful entity at Blackburn Rovers

Come on folks pick yourself up of the ground, You are the one thing that without there is no club...... Supporters are the customer, and the first signs of defeat is seeing towels thrown in the ring.

Well persistance beats resistance, and I don't believe in no or can't, I don't give two hoots what is pouring out the Venkys or Andersons trap, because:

4. We have all got fight in us, and yes we are all depressed with the circus our club has become in the last 12 months, but hey, by accepting it, we let them win.

Take a time out , gather up all your strength and believe, Supporters are still the most powerful entity at Blackburn Rovers

Spot on but remember we not asking the venkys, to sell but come clean for us and we all been treated badly by them and I agree there we should work as a team.

Only in unity and that just wont happen until it's too late.

Yes as are all assets there. There are 'cosmetic' stockholders but its a 'family' thing.

im working in their old house in highgate north london that Alisher Usmanov from arsenal bought off them. i had a nice chunk of their old shag carpet for my bedroom out of there. they can have it back if they buy rovers :lol:

Why? Their killing our club !!!! I hate them they are scum!!!!

They are lying cheating corrupt scum IMO!!!!

Out of order and you shouldn't be allowed to post any more your only risking this forum and trouble will occur for the Admin if the club members see comments like this.

One way i could imagine is ...

a) Protest outside the stadium ... this time against owners , urging to sell , make it media circus

B) Petition to MP , CLUB IS BEING ASSET STRIPPED ....with no investments as promised , thus long run affects the community and related buisness ... make it political ... MP wanna get re-elected ... works for election ..

c) Supporters take a pro-bono lawyer and send summons to FA ... failure of fit-proper test and request investigation, make it public ... if FA does not move .... sets bad example

make enough noise in the three prong attack ... "Arte et labore" .... "By Skill & Hard Work". :rover:

Archived