BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats the deal with all of the fans in the know not breaking the dirt they have? Surely now is the perfect time to stand up and make some noise?

Someone mentioned Jack Straw, he is the key component to this, he is the one who could bugger them!!

Someone mentioned Jack Straw, he is the key component to this, he is the one who could bugger them!!

http://blackburnlabour.org/2010/10/venkys-deal-good-news-for-blackburn-rovers/

if thats the case its a bit of a turn around from this article published last yr LOL

although seems andy's in the know read bottom of this article

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/9357687.Talks_held_over_new_Blackburn_Rovers_contract_for_Steve_Kean/?action=complain&cid=9814195

There is nothing alleged about the bid. It is completely for real.

Let me repost:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9361246.Rovers_set_for_fresh_takeover_attempt/

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2011/11/13/blackburn-and-everton-are-500m-targets-for-arab-sheikh-102039-23556691/

With regards, to one of the most egregriously bad stories about Venky's doing the rounds, I have known about it since Jan/Feb and it is so smelly there is no way it could appear on here and so I've not posted it.

At least four UK national papers know about it but they cannot publish it in the absence of better evidence so for sure BRFCS cannot carry it.

The funny thing is, I spoke with a representative of Mrs D who brought it up, told me the story then berated me telling me it was not true. I pointed out to him that he was telling me the story and I had not posted anything of what he was telling me.

It turns out the other two things he was desperately kean to deny have subsequently turned out to be true and he was wrong... one was about finances and lack of borrowings.

I guess Venky's are beginning to get the message that this place and the Blackburn Rovers support generally will explode if they let this opportunity to make a decent sized profit out of their failing Rovers adventure pass them by.

I don't hold out much hope and I think Glenn will need to have to watch this website very carefully if/when bad news is confirmed tomorrow but for now the fat lady has stopped preparing to sing and has gone for a jog round the block.

if what pedro says is right surely now is the time to expose the dirty on venkys and co to force there hand wacko.gif

It is only an opinion of how I'd play it out, I don't have any connections to the club or anything.

Agreed that it is time to turn the screw though.

The figures which Qatari's are prepared to offer are HUGE, but will now walkaway to another club because simply Venky's don't want to sell.

A lot of hardwork has gone into this over the last 2 weeks, but unfortunately it has come to nothing. We had the chance of being part of something very special but now feel drained, empty and devastated that this deal couldn't be pulled of.

Will go into more detail in the podcast.

So we are left with owners who cant afford to compete,a 'manager' who is hated and a club heading for relegation.

Happy Xmas to us all :xmas:

Let me repost:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9361246.Rovers_set_for_fresh_takeover_attempt/

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2011/11/13/blackburn-and-everton-are-500m-targets-for-arab-sheikh-102039-23556691/

With regards, to one of the most egregriously bad stories about Venky's doing the rounds, I have known about it since Jan/Feb and it is so smelly there is no way it could appear on here and so I've not posted it.

At least four UK national papers know about it but they cannot publish it in the absence of better evidence so for sure BRFCS cannot carry it.

The funny thing is, I spoke with a representative of Mrs D who brought it up, told me the story then berated me telling me it was not true. I pointed out to him that he was telling me the story and I had not posted anything of what he was telling me.

It turns out the other two things he was desperately kean to deny have subsequently turned out to be true and he was wrong... one was about finances and lack of borrowings.

I guess Venky's are beginning to get the message that this place and the Blackburn Rovers support generally will explode if they let this opportunity to make a decent sized profit out of their failing Rovers adventure pass them by.

I don't hold out much hope and I think Glenn will need to have to watch this website very carefully if/when bad news is confirmed tomorrow but for now the fat lady has stopped preparing to sing and has gone for a jog round the block.

Do the bad stories involve football or something outside of football?

agreed. all happened too quickly if parties are truly interested then decisions like this aren't made over a 2 week period...there's a lot more to this than we know.

WHY won't they sell? It just doesn't add up-a profit can be made which can be pumped into grass root indian football isn't that what their true vision is to further the development of indian sport as a global showcase for venky's. i don't understand the Kentaro angle on this either.

Sure they are if you have hard cash in hand. You know the saying money talks bS walks. Well they are walking, with the money. No need to fart around if you have the money and know what you want.

Let me repost:

PM??? Pretty please with sugar on top.

Anyone else getting the nasty feeling that Kean will try to come out of this as a victim of Venky's? Dare he try to spin it that way.

Archived