BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

Spot on but remember we not asking the venkys, to sell but come clean for us and we all been treated badly by them and I agree there we should work as a team.

What planet are you on? We do want venkys to sell. We want them out of the club.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The figures which Qatari's are prepared to offer are HUGE, but will now walkaway to another club because simply Venky's don't want to sell.

A lot of hardwork has gone into this over the last 2 weeks, but unfortunately it has come to nothing. We had the chance of being part of something very special but now feel drained, empty and devastated that this deal couldn't be pulled of.

Will go into more detail in the podcast.

great job in trying Kamy. thanks, wish it would have happen and we could have complete with the best in the league.

sadly now we will be looking to the championship and visiting Barnsley, Burnley and Portsmouth next season.

Out of order and you shouldn't be allowed to post any more your only risking this forum and trouble will occur for the Admin if the club members see comments like this.

Who made you mod? It's my opinion only !!! Get a life !!!

Not if it's his opinion and not brfcs' opinion.

You could argue half of the stuff you've posted could upset the club just as much.

Cheers

Just a thought for Mrs Desai and the Raos. I’m absolutely no expert but isn’t it considered a bad thing in Hindu circles to have too much abhimaan (pride)? If the refusal to sell BRFC is down to wanting to hang on to a status symbol and protect one’s image in society, perhaps a pause for thought is required?

Anderson is using Rovers as a shield against what is coming his way.

One Rao is too lacking in worldly wisdom that he fell for Anderson's blandishments and has set up his sister (who is responsible person) for an absolute shellacking as a consequence in my opinion.

She faces some horrible consequences as do the Rovers.

The question has to be when. Both Anderson and Venkys are untouchable - only the club will be damaged.

Out of order and you shouldn't be allowed to post any more your only risking this forum and trouble will occur for the Admin if the club members see comments like this.

I know that I have given you some grief in the past but you did promise to go and not come back. Its a free country but just for a moment STFU.

Spot on but remember we not asking the venkys, to sell but come clean for us and we all been treated badly by them and I agree there we should work as a team.

We are 100% asking Venky's to sell. Hopefully the owners will have read Glenn's heartfelt plea to sell and act upon it, it's how 99% of sane people feel.

P.s Is Thaksin still linked with the takeover? You should be sponsored by Manuel off Fawlty Towers....."I know nothing"

Just a thought for Mrs Desai and the Raos. I’m absolutely no expert but isn’t it considered a bad thing in Hindu circles to have too much abhimaan (pride)? If the refusal to sell BRFC is down to wanting to hang on to a status symbol and protect one’s image in society, perhaps a pause for thought is required?

Mrs Desai was prepared to swallow her pride. One of the brothers was influenced heavily by JA.

The thing that annoys me is that Venkys promise we'll get European in the next few years but everyone knows they are not willing to put forward the money and they are not employing the right manager to do so but this Qatari group sounds like the real deal and obviously have the money to make us a real force in the premier league. The only thing we'll achieve under Venkys is a lucky cup run now and then. For the love of Blackburn Rovers sell us Venkys!

We are 100% asking Venky's to sell. Hopefully the owners will have read Glenn's heartfelt plea to sell and act upon it, it's how 99% of sane people feel.

It's too late to act upon it now. As Kamy said, the moment has passed and they are no longer interested in buying. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Why not? why should Abbey not be allowed to post anymore. After all you have been provoking and making your own snide, paid by venkys - comments ever since you have been on this messageboard. I do not normally turn on posters - but you I do.

Just a thought for Mrs Desai and the Raos. I'm absolutely no expert but isn't it considered a bad thing in Hindu circles to have too much abhimaan (pride)? If the refusal to sell BRFC is down to wanting to hang on to a status symbol and protect one's image in society, perhaps a pause for thought is required?

rodent_786 why did you give this post a minus you imbecile?

It is my guess that by February Mrs Desai will have a de facto global ban from all sporting involvement.

Care to elaborate? I'm sick of people talking in riddles about things going on in the background and then having a go at people who don't think, for example, that Venkys refusing to sell would 'destroy' the club. (Not that you're having a go at anyone Philip).

I appreciate that people want to be careful about what they put in writing, but it's highly frustrating.

Just a thought for Mrs Desai and the Raos. I’m absolutely no expert but isn’t it considered a bad thing in Hindu circles to have too much abhimaan (pride)?

It's considered a bad thing in Uncle Bryan circles to shaft Blackburn Rovers sideways.

Not only am I sending little heeby-jeeby men after them, but also Fungus the Bogeyman, a team of special-forces leprachauns with stun grenades, rapelling cord and uzis, I've done something unmentionable to 3 voodoo dolls and I've asked Jai Hanuman to take a ripe dump on their heads.

Watch karma unfold.

Why not? why should Abbey not be allowed to post anymore. After all you have been provoking and making your own snide, paid by venkys - comments ever since you have been on this messageboard. I do not normally turn on posters - but you I do.

'Cause he's been posting out of his ass lately.

• Backroom

Haven't been getting excited about this because I knew they wouldn't sell.

It's quite amusing, though. A big part of their decision to not sell is to save face, yet I imagine many people in the business world are going to realise they are utter idiots for not accepting the Qatari bid for the club.

Archived