BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

Ok, so is anyone going to grow a pair and stand up and be counted? Or just keep the info private to give them a sense of importance?

2PAC 4 Blackburn I share your frustrationa as do many posters on this site. I do not know anything and yes I would like to know what all the stories are.

But you have to remember Rovers PR machine have been mounting a very agressive campaign against fans who do not like what is going on and think their club is being destroyed (I hate the word protesters they are fans). I am sure if they got half a chance they would take action for libel against anyone who posted unsubstantiated claims. They have more money at their disposal than any fans (up to £100m mortgage facility) so individuals cannot take the risk.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just not got deep pockets, however, I am reliably informed, people away from this MB with no idea of any embargos or such could legally post on facebook or twitter without fear providing they had reliable information/proof and my information is that someone has!!

I wouldn't like to put it to the test personally, nor would I advise anyone to take the risk, but as long as they do it the hell away from the site, I don't care :P

Reading between the lines, it sounds as if Venky's and Anderson are sat on a time bomb of their own making, and will damned if they get off, and blown up if they stay on.

So why not sell the club and walk away from the mess this is what i don't understand the rest you can keep to yourself but this seems like the best solution for all so WHY NOT SELL???

I was going to type all this out, but i think this site explains it far better than I would. If you got information that you are thinking about sharing give this a read first and then consider if it's still a good idea.

http://www.website-law.co.uk/resources/website-libel.html

I would add to what it says there that for a statement to be 'fair comment' it must be made on a matter of public interest, which has simply (and rather unhelpfully) been defined as 'matter's which the public are interested in'. Make of that what you will. If you have information, that you can back up with substantial evidence and that you feel is on a matter of public interest (id say most things related to the running of a football club would be considered matters of public interest), then let loose.

However bear in mind that the UK's legal system is ridiculous when it comes to defamation cases, and favours the defamed far more than it protects the defamer.

Am a bit rusty in relation to defamation, it's definitely not my specialty, so please feel free to correct me on anything.

I mentioned Jack Straw (a few pages ago) in the sense the the Club is a reasonable sized employer to the town and it runs a number of schemes that help the community such as Educate at Ewood etc. Therefore in my opinion Jack Straw surely has to try to find out what is going on if the club is under threat from its owners. Just an idea in desperate times. I am going to contact him.

So why not sell the club and walk away from the mess this is what i don't understand the rest you can keep to yourself but this seems like the best solution for all so WHY NOT SELL???

I know as much as you, I'm just surmising that if they did sell then skeletons would come out of the closet.

I was going to type all this out, but i think this site explains it far better than I would. If you got information that you are thinking about sharing give this a read first and then consider if it's still a good idea.

http://www.website-law.co.uk/resources/website-libel.html

I would add to what it says there that for a statement to be 'fair comment' it must be made on a matter of public interest, which has simply (and rather unhelpfully) been defined as 'matter's which the public are interested in'. Make of that what you will. If you have information, that you can back up with substantial evidence and that you feel is on a matter of public interest (id say most things related to the running of a football club would be considered matters of public interest), then let loose.

However bear in mind that the UK's legal system is ridiculous when it comes to defamation cases, and favours the defamed far more than it protects the defamer.

Am a bit rusty in relation to defamation, it's definitely not my specialty, so please feel free to correct me on anything.

Defamation is a complicated area of the law of media. In most circumstances that involve Internet sites it's the site itself that action is taken against not the individual forum member.

I mentioned Jack Straw (a few pages ago) in the sense the the Club is a reasonable sized employer to the town and it runs a number of schemes that help the community such as Educate at Ewood etc. Therefore in my opinion Jack Straw surely has to try to find out what is going on if the club is under threat from its owners. Just an idea in desperate times. I am going to contact him.

He's a proper fan too. I used to sit next to him and his kids in the mid 90's :tu:

Not to mention the damage this will/is doing to race relations in Blackburn and surrounding areas.

He's a proper fan too. I used to sit next to him and his kids in the mid 90's :tu:

I spoke with Jack Straw at the Chelsea match and have already contacted him via email a couple of weeks a go, he has all my details, but tbh not sure he can do too much as he seemed not the same Jack Straw of old if that make sense?

Just not got deep pockets, however, I am reliably informed, people away from this MB with no idea of any embargos or such could legally post on facebook or twitter without fear providing they had reliable information/proof and my information is that someone has!!

Can you add a link if they do????

glen u say on twitter all is not lost with the quatari bid, do you know something about what is going on?

Its only lost when they have bought someone else, business is business, and if we can push Venkys out there is always hope. But thats won't be done from behind a keyboard, this will take people to take the fight to them.

Emails, calls ect just won't impact

I spoke with Jack Straw at the Chelsea match and have already contacted him via email a couple of weeks a go, he has all my details, but tbh not sure he can do too much as he seemed not the same Jack Straw of old if that make sense?

Nothing to stop fans approaching their own local MP's in the area - expressing concerns about dealings at the club.

Its only lost when they have bought someone else, business is business, and if we can push Venkys out there is always hope. But thats won't be done from behind a keyboard, this will take people to take the fight to them.

Emails, calls ect just won't impact

So what can we do and when

Archived