BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke with Jack Straw at the Chelsea match and have already contacted him via email a couple of weeks a go, he has all my details, but tbh not sure he can do too much as he seemed not the same Jack Straw of old if that make sense?

I was only about 14/15 at the time so didn't really look at him in any other way than he reminded me of a cross between the demon headmaster and the guy off Poltergeist! They seemed a nice bunch though.

Just not got deep pockets, however, I am reliably informed, people away from this MB with no idea of any embargos or such could legally post on facebook or twitter without fear providing they had reliable information/proof and my information is that someone has!!

^ That's one good suggestion. Jesus, how hard can it be to share this information without getting busted for it (ridiculous how strict UK defamation law is, btw)?

Some ideas:

- Someone post it on Tumblr, a random blog, or similar. If you're paranoid, do it from a library computer or an Internet cafe

- Get behind a proxy server, set up a fake Facebook/Twitter account, post the information

- Get the message board members to log onto a third party chat room and share the info there

i asked nicko on twitter if there was a chance venkys would still sell to these billionaires and all he had to say was, 'mirror later' so hopefully we will find some interesting news in his paper, we can only hold out for the hope that venkys have had a change of heart.

i asked nicko on twitter if there was a chance venkys would still sell to these billionaires and all he had to say was, 'mirror later' so hopefully we will find some interesting news in his paper, we can only hold out for the hope that venkys have had a change of heart.

Kammy has told us that Nicko is not really in the know any more.

Not another plane LOL

Well, could change the banner to 'Venky's and Anderson Out', or 'where's all the money gone?' Could do it at the Wigan game. The press would love it. The Kean Out banner was shown on all main tv channels and Kean was the centre of the press questions. Venkys didn't feel any heat from that fly past because they weren't targetted. Surely the press would start asking the new targets questions, and Indian press would get hold of this and it could spiral very quickly.

didnt know you had that strict defamation laws in uk. as i'm norwegian they cant harm me. Give the info to me and i will spread it to all norwegian websites and media i can. i would guess if tv2 (which has payed alot of money for premier league rights) gets some juicy info they will start digging and asking their sources in skysports bbc etc

Archived