BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

Been told to pass this on courtesy of Ibrahim Ismail :

Please can you post it for us pal, won't let me do anything.

Hurry, we don't have time!

Type away my friends!

These are the contact details for our man!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE address him as YOUR ROYAL HIGHNESS SHEIKH TAMIM BIN HAMAD AL THANI!!!!

Talk about-

A) The rough time we have had under Venkys (how you feel)

Our club family feel/history/traditions, where all of us are like a family, and we want him to be a part of it

(I really MEAN that)

C) Uncle Jack and his legacy

D) We are unique, and why we should be bought.

E) Opportunites/Rewards if successful. (Talk about prize money, status etc)

F) Tell them how great Qatar is. (If you've been then fine, if not, use me as a recommendation to visit!)

G) Make them feel welcome

H) Talk about Blackburn (the QIA gave £7m to fund the construction of Bicknell St Mosque!!!)

When you're done, please E-MAIL ME A COPY at ibrahim.ismail128@yahoo.com,

This is because I'm compiling a dossier of fans e-mails that will be sent directly to His Highness and the QIA B.O.D's!

PLEASE REMEMBER TO BE POLITE AT ALL TIMES!!!

REMEMBER, THIS IS ROYALTY WE'RE TALKING TO!!!!

WE ONLY HAVE ONE SHOT AT THIS, SO MAKE YOURS COUNT!!!

GOOD LUCK AND SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!

Office of the CEO – Qatar Investment Authority

Tel: +974 44995834

Fax: +974 44995866

E-Mail: ceooffice@qia.qa

cheers for that, will be sending my piece

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Who is Ibrahim Ismail? If it's who I think it may be his English improved.

Anyway, not at all surprised that Balaji wants to keep, he loves the glamour of football and thinks he can make a success of it rather naively, most likely (in my humble opinion) egged on all the way by a certain cockeny spiv (copyright: Wiggy)

Will he change his mind? I personally would doubt it but I always thought Mrs D is the dominant one so hopefully she gives him a chinese burn or a wedgie until he gives in.

he will be the most hated figure in blackburn since goodness knows who if he is the one stopping this from happening, i dont think there will be anyway back now for the venkys if they turn this down, we will probably never have an oppurtinity like this again.

Anyway, not at all surprised that Balaji wants to keep, he loves the glamour of football and thinks he can make a success of it rather naively, most likely (in my humble opinion) egged on all the way by a certain cockeny spiv (copyright: Wiggy)

Will he change his mind? I personally would doubt it but I always thought Mrs D is the dominant one so hopefully she gives him a chinese burn or a wedgie until he gives in.

I've done a bit of digging and he looks genuine. Apparently an Enconomic adviser.

Worth a shot, nothing to lose.

There's been strong words between the two of them, so I hear. Something that's apparently never happened before. So it obviously means a lot.

As for Mrs D... this isn't the first time she's signalled she wants out, I don't think.

We need a game changer and the gloves need to come off quickly.

Balaji seems to be the issue and, allegedly, should the sh1t hit the fan, lots of it will fall on him.

Someone, somewhere who has the knowledge has to very quickly think how this can be used to 'influence' Balaji. Has the would be buyer got this info., could they use it, does Mrs D know, does the press know, could it be 'leaked' to the Indian media.

I think we are almost at the point where we have very little to lose as if this sale is not done, it seems we might well be doomed.

It's now or never I think and the worst possible thing in life is to look back with regret !!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm, threaten/blackmail a very rich man who allegedly surrounds himself with heavies and not rights...I'll pass thanks and you should too :D

I think if it is a genuine offer and it is about to sail off into the sunshine, then that is an intense amount of pressure being applied...like I said in a previous post, this is the playing hardball stage.

Hmmm, threaten/blackmail a very rich man who allegedly surrounds himself with heavies and not rights...I'll pass thanks and you should too :D

I think if it is a genuine offer and it is about to sail off into the sunshine, then that is an intense amount of pressure being applied...like I said in a previous post, this is the playing hardball stage.

I'd be very careful how you word anything direct to Balaji. People with a lot of power can make other people disappear very quickly.

Been told to pass this on courtesy of Ibrahim Ismail :

Please can you post it for us pal, won't let me do anything.

Hurry, we don't have time!

Type away my friends!

These are the contact details for our man!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE address him as YOUR ROYAL HIGHNESS SHEIKH TAMIM BIN HAMAD AL THANI!!!!

Talk about-

A) The rough time we have had under Venkys (how you feel)

Our club family feel/history/traditions, where all of us are like a family, and we want him to be a part of it

(I really MEAN that)

C) Uncle Jack and his legacy

D) We are unique, and why we should be bought.

E) Opportunites/Rewards if successful. (Talk about prize money, status etc)

F) Tell them how great Qatar is. (If you've been then fine, if not, use me as a recommendation to visit!)

G) Make them feel welcome

H) Talk about Blackburn (the QIA gave £7m to fund the construction of Bicknell St Mosque!!!)

When you're done, please E-MAIL ME A COPY at ibrahim.ismail128@yahoo.com,

This is because I'm compiling a dossier of fans e-mails that will be sent directly to His Highness and the QIA B.O.D's!

PLEASE REMEMBER TO BE POLITE AT ALL TIMES!!!

REMEMBER, THIS IS ROYALTY WE'RE TALKING TO!!!!

WE ONLY HAVE ONE SHOT AT THIS, SO MAKE YOURS COUNT!!!

GOOD LUCK AND SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!

Office of the CEO – Qatar Investment Authority

Tel: +974 44995834

Fax: +974 44995866

E-Mail: ceooffice@qia.qa

You'll be wasting your time, trust me they already know all of this and more.

The fact is they don't want any messing about. If Venky's don't want to sell the club, they won't force. There are alternatives and they will move onto them.

Go back to January and see what happened within 24 hours Venkatesh's previous direct quote.

Not building up hopes but there have been 12 hours since Venkatesh spoke and a lot has been going on. Still think odds are against the sale and on Balaji becoming an absolute hate figure but the fat lady is not back from her jog yet.

Why not suggest balaji buy a different club with the money they get for selling rovers. Best compromise and business sense for him.

Don't get your hopes up, it very very very likely that Venky's will say that club is not for sale. This will be sorted tomorrow.

Kamy, I know venky's have serious trouble with business decisions that make sense but this is a no brainer. They can make a profit from us when in a few months they will lose a massive chunk of cash. Bilaj can go and buy a yoyo or something to keep him entertained.

Why should they, the guy is clueless about football.

My point is if he is the sticking point and the Qataris really want the club then some kind of sweetener that keeps him 'involved' with the club may persuade him to agree to the sale

Why not suggest balaji buy a different club with the money they get for selling rovers. Best compromise and business sense for him.

I personally think somebody should point out to him what the money from the sale would to to his image back home if he pumped it into football in india and built his academy with it-seriously!!!!!!!!

He could probably buy another car or so too :P

Kamy, I know venky's have serious trouble with business decisions that make sense but this is a no brainer. They can make a profit from us when in a few months they will lose a massive chunk of cash. Bilaj can go and buy a yoyo or something to keep him entertained.

They'd be a lot closer to agreeing on a deal if it wasn't for tweetie pie in someone's head

Yes I would suggest that with the benefit of hindsight they could make a better job with a different club but He's never going to buy that one because his family would never do it again. Once bitten.................

Kammy, you seem very negative around the whole situation. I presume you know a lot more around the bid then your letting on? Is this deal def off now from what you've heard?!

It will be tomorrow morning if/when Venky's say that club is not for sale, that will be the end of it as far as Qatari's are concerned.

Yes I would suggest that with the benefit of hindsight they could make a better job with a different club but He's never going to buy that one because his family would never do it again. Once bitten.................

Yes we know that, but too late once he has agreed to sell and the deal is done. Just get him to sell that is all that matters to us.

Archived