BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicko is bang on the money.

Totally and utterly gutted by this, unless there is a change of heart overnight from owners, Qatari's will move on tomorrow.

The 4th one is Mrs Desai's husband, Jitendra (sp) Desai.

Thanks for clearing that up Kamy, but the question remains... can the 3 of them not force the sale, surely they can???

Totally and utterly gutted by this, unless there is a change of heart overnight from owners, Qatari's will move on tomorrow.

If, as Nicko wrote, the Qatari are in India talking to Madam D, and they have been over here this week, surely things are more advanced than they might be letting on?

One of the most important decisions for our football club is in the hands of someone who knows as much about football as I do about knitting.

OMG somebody must have some influence somewhere to change his mind because this is just insane, everybody hammer the #Venkysindia twitter and the email addy's.

We need a game changer and the gloves need to come off quickly.

Balaji seems to be the issue and, allegedly, should the sh1t hit the fan, lots of it will fall on him.

Someone, somewhere who has the knowledge has to very quickly think how this can be used to 'influence' Balaji. Has the would be buyer got this info., could they use it, does Mrs D know, does the press know, could it be 'leaked' to the Indian media.

I think we are almost at the point where we have very little to lose as if this sale is not done, it seems we might well be doomed.

It's now or never I think and the worst possible thing in life is to look back with regret !!!!!!!!!!!

The Indian Barry White needs to get a grip, swallow his pride, take his share of the profits and F*** OFF!!!

Nixon also says that "the 4 of them have to agree to sell"... Who is number 4, surely not JA???!?!?!?!?!?!?!

If not, and there are 3 agreeing to sell, surely that's a majority vote & they can tell him to get bent!!!???

The 4th one is Mrs D's husband

This story is a bit more positive to what Kammy etc. have been saying. Time will tell whos really in the know. Let's hope the family see sense when they meet with the Qatar people this week.

Don't get your hopes up, it very very very likely that Venky's will say that club is not for sale. This will be sorted tomorrow.

Even in the crazy world that is middle business politics you cannot expect to buy a Premier League football like it's a pint of bitter at your local. " Sorry mate the Landlords off tonight,Oh well give me pint of Speckled Hen then ".It can't be that simple. I wonder how sincere these people are if that's how they operate.

Less than 12 hours then to reveal the real Balaji, if all the rumour is correct.

Come on someone - you have to find the inspiration, and perhaps courage, to get this done. 135 years of proud history (pre Venky's) most probably depends upon it.

We need a game changer and the gloves need to come off quickly.

Balaji seems to be the issue and, allegedly, should the sh1t hit the fan, lots of it will fall on him.

Someone, somewhere who has the knowledge has to very quickly think how this can be used to 'influence' Balaji. Has the would be buyer got this info., could they use it, does Mrs D know, does the press know, could it be 'leaked' to the Indian media.

I think we are almost at the point where we have very little to lose as if this sale is not done, it seems we might well be doomed.

It's now or never I think and the worst possible thing in life is to look back with regret !!!!!!!!!!!

Agree wholeheartedly

balajirao@venkys.org

I've sent him an email.The way I see it is that he thinks he is one of us, a fan. The Pune 9 spoke about his "passion" for the club and so it is clearly difficult for him to sell the club. He led his family into this mess and wants to see it through (wherever that might be). I could eff and blind at him or make casually racist jokes about him all night as seen in the "Sack Steve Kean" facebook group but instead I thought if he is a fan then surely he wants what is best for the club. Balaji wants to be the hero. He wants to have the crowds chanting his name and the only way they'd ever do that (or even let him near Blackburn) is if he did this and pushed ahead with the sale. That is the line I think that would speak most to him.

Glenn, get in touch with that mate of yours who has his number and get him to have a word. He's got the devil whispering in one ear so let's whisper in the other.

Wasn't Balaji the one who wanted his son to be on the board someday? Also at the end of the Arsenal game i'm pretty sure it was Balaji who was the most jubilant after the result and showed lots of passion? Also IIRC people said they met him during the Hong Kong games and he was very passionate and more clued up about the history of the club and the squad than the rest of his family.

If all the above is true I am not surprised Balaji doesn't want to sell.

The idiot must know that if he veto's the sale he will be public enemy no1 in Blackburn. He could never show his face again without being absolutely crucified.

Agree with this.

There is no way this can end well for Balaji now other than by taking his share of the profit on offer.

Is there any way for members of the 'Pune9' or anyone else to get message to Balaji of how this is being received?

Like many others I'm sure, I have emailed the various Venkys addresses to state the desire for Venkys to 'let us go' but I know these messages are unlikely to even slightly register.

Been told to pass this on courtesy of Ibrahim Ismail :

Please can you post it for us pal, won't let me do anything.

Hurry, we don't have time!

Type away my friends!

These are the contact details for our man!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE address him as YOUR ROYAL HIGHNESS SHEIKH TAMIM BIN HAMAD AL THANI!!!!

Talk about-

A) The rough time we have had under Venkys (how you feel)

Our club family feel/history/traditions, where all of us are like a family, and we want him to be a part of it

(I really MEAN that)

C) Uncle Jack and his legacy

D) We are unique, and why we should be bought.

E) Opportunites/Rewards if successful. (Talk about prize money, status etc)

F) Tell them how great Qatar is. (If you've been then fine, if not, use me as a recommendation to visit!)

G) Make them feel welcome

H) Talk about Blackburn (the QIA gave £7m to fund the construction of Bicknell St Mosque!!!)

When you're done, please E-MAIL ME A COPY at ibrahim.ismail128@yahoo.com,

This is because I'm compiling a dossier of fans e-mails that will be sent directly to His Highness and the QIA B.O.D's!

PLEASE REMEMBER TO BE POLITE AT ALL TIMES!!!

REMEMBER, THIS IS ROYALTY WE'RE TALKING TO!!!!

WE ONLY HAVE ONE SHOT AT THIS, SO MAKE YOURS COUNT!!!

GOOD LUCK AND SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!

Office of the CEO – Qatar Investment Authority

Tel: +974 44995834

Fax: +974 44995866

E-Mail: ceooffice@qia.qa

Number 4 is Jitendra Desai.

Have people already forgotten the direct quote from Venkatesh?

Go back to January and see what happened within 24 hours Venkatesh's previous direct quote.

Not building up hopes but there have been 12 hours since Venkatesh spoke and a lot has been going on. Still think odds are against the sale and on Balaji becoming an absolute hate figure but the fat lady is not back from her jog yet.

Archived