BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

This is all very disturbing... for there to be an allegation so serious that nobody will post it even though there is apparently hard evidence to prove it means that Venkys / Jerome Anderson / SEM/Kentaro or ultimately Blackburn Rovers & all of us (the fans) could well be in for a really rough ride if/when it all comes out.

So far I haven't been involved in any protests, but I now feel that I am going to need to brush aside my apathy, get off my ass & do something before it's too late & I'm left asking myself why I never did anything and if I did what might have happened?!?!?!

If there is to be a protest at Brockhall next week, please do it on Friday when I'm off work & I can join in... We need to do something about this & we need to do something quickly before the Qataries buy another club & we are left asking ourselves what we could have or should have done.

We are not well renowned as the Premier Leagues most passionate fans... Maybe it's about time we change some opinions & show some passion, spirit & fight for OUR CLUB!!!

COYB

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a little bird once, a budgie it was called Jerome didn't like it much it was a devious little sh** just wanted all the seed for itself bugger any of the other birds

Ah but did it tell you that you could hire lawyers to keep your illegal seed from the seed police in a vain attempt to get as much of your illegally gotten seed for itself for as long as it could?

How about 'Sell up and fuk off!' ?

'Thanks Venkys. Now please go'

The 'thanks' bit meant with mountain ranges worth of sarcasm. The excessively polite command at the end may let them think they're escaping with a tiny shred of dignity. But then I have daft, idealist, hippy tendencies and back in the real world that wouldn't work at all.

OK, say you were the owner of BRFC.

Logic would tell you that's the best course of action. But what if a little birdy you trusted very much was whispering in your ear? What if this birdy reminded you that you don't seem to be very successful at holding on to your toys and people are starting to question you and your credibility? And what if that birdy told you that by hiring a damn good team of professionals, on his advice, you could hang on to your little play thing for once and prove that you ARE in control?

The emotional aspect all of a sudden makes it very difficult. You're rich, very rich, so money's not the issue. Your pride is though, do you want everyone to laugh at you for failing again?

Here's the twist to the tale.

What if the things this little birdy told you to do were all in vain, that the birdy knew from day one it was doomed to fail but it bought the birdy another 15 minutes of fame, one last big paycheque, knowing that when all this comes out about the little birdy's dodgy dealing it will be game over? Forever?

But you trust the little birdy, you have faith in it. It helped you buy the club in the first place when you knew nothing about the club. In fact it helped you so much that you had your bid accepted when there were other favourites in the queue in front of you. And then the birdy helped you sign some great players at a great price, for just a small fee.

So yeah, you trust the birdy, but the birdy has it in for you as it's only looking out for itself and will say anything to you to convince you that you need to keep the club. Your relatives disagree, but all it takes is your vote against the sale of the club and you get to keep your play thing and, most importantly, prove to everyone that you can make this work.

When in fact you're blinded by the smoke and mirrors and it's doomed to fail. The supporters tried to warn you but you trusted the birdy when others could see past the manipulation.

Based on my reading, can you tell me if a D and a V were in favor of a sale (and based on their company bios they appear to be the smart, working kids) and a B (who perhaps likes the celebrity life a bit too much) opposed?

And if P1 is correct, then it is really D's head (and reputation) on the chopping block? How does D feel about B's decision-making? Couldn't D and V have a come to Adi Prashakti moment with B? Would a sale protect D, V and B? Would a sale protect a certain birdie (a JAy, I assume) or is he doomed regardless? Or does a sale only protect the Rovers?

Does anyone know the value and duration of the MA playing contract? It might be a way for the birdie to safeguard a considerable revenue stream for a considerable time, in the event JA was thrown out of the profession (assuming a worse case)? Sons are not guilty of the sins of the fathers, so far as I am aware under English law. So couldn't JA protect a lot of money if MA gets a large contract for MA's playing services?

However, the deal is likely to fall through because flamboyant Balaji is hooked on the glamour of owning a ­football club.

The Indian Barry White needs to get a grip, swallow his pride, take his share of the profits and F*** OFF!!!

Nixon also says that "the 4 of them have to agree to sell"... Who is number 4, surely not JA???!?!?!?!?!?!?!

If not, and there are 3 agreeing to sell, surely that's a majority vote & they can tell him to get bent!!!???

Nicko is bang on the money.

Totally and utterly gutted by this, unless there is a change of heart overnight from owners, Qatari's will move on tomorrow.

The Indian Barry White needs to get a grip, swallow his pride, take his share of the profits and F*** OFF!!!

Nixon also says that "the 4 of them have to agree to sell"... Who is number 4, surely not JA???!?!?!?!?!?!?!

If not, and there are 3 agreeing to sell, surely that's a majority vote & they can tell him to get bent!!!???

The 4th one is Mrs Desai's husband, Jitendra (sp) Desai.

Archived