BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

And no doubt biased towards Venkys, SK and JA. Nicko's full of pro-JA stuff. Wonder why?

As for the takeover deal...

All I will say is that it was under consideration, but a certain JA knowing a certain B very well managed to persuade him they should turn down the deal in an act of self preservation and the family rules are that all three should agree before action is taken. This hasn't sat well, but they had to decline the offer and the Qatari investor has now apparently moved on to other targets.

A third party supposedly brought the club to the prospective buyers' attention and were doing what they could to facilitate a deal but JA's got such a hold on some of the owners that he managed to get the bid rejected, knowing exactly how to play them.

And as it stands, no, they most likely won't make another offer unless we as fans put enough pressure on Venkys to BEG them for another offer.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it incrdeibly frustrating not being in the know in regards to the behind the scenes stuff.

Why doesn't someone who knows what the hell is going on put it in an email to Jack Straw. Surely he is one of the only people with any sort of power to do anything about it?

When the ###### does hit the fan...who will suffer Rovers or Venky's?

I find it incrdeibly frustrating not being in the know in regards to the behind the scenes stuff.

Why doesn't someone who knows what the hell is going on put it in an email to Jack Straw. Surely he is one of the only people with any sort of power to do anything about it?

When the ###### does hit the fan...who will suffer Rovers or Venky's?

Rovers more than Venkys, it would seem. It's all relative though, do you mean financially? Morally?

Rovers more than Venkys, it would seem. It's all relative though, do you mean financially? Morally?

I was thinking financially. Sanctions from the PL/FA. If whoever it is gets done for it, does that mean they have to sell the club? there must be something about criminals owning PL clubs.

If, as it appears to be, Venky's (or whoever is pulling the strings at Ewood) have prevented our club from embarking on an opportunity such as this potential takeover, the end is nigh... not only for our belated hopes of a last-ditch salvation, but our repugnant owners equally; as their stubbornness and incompetence excels itself once again.

This must mark a crucial turning point for all of us. We cannot accept this anymore, surely?

Regardless of Venky’s apparent ‘long-term’ ambitions, rejecting this monumental offer of such magnitude is blood boiling to say the least, and in reality goes to emphasise Venky’s have no concern for the future success of our beloved club.

We now need to unite, in total upheaval against all of this. We need to stand up and be counted. No more Kean Out nonsense, this is even more crucial than on the pitch happenings, our club in its entirety is at stake. The time to react is now.

Just out of interest, I wonder what the consequences would be for John Williams / Big Sam if they decided to spill the beans?

Indeed despite potential payments to keep them silent. i am very conscious that the two aforementioned haven't commented on venky's or their dealings in any shape /form does send alarm bells ringing very loudly doesn't it. Not like Sam to hold his tongue!!!!!!!!!

Or his buddies in the media.. Is it just me that can smell an injunction or 2 in place?

It would seem that way.

There is no way SA or JW could not know what has happened behind the scenes. I could understand JW being too committed to the club to comment but SA is not Rovers through and through, he'd have nothiing to lose as the innocent victim so there must be some legal reason he's not talked.

Indeed despite potential payments to keep them silent. i am very conscious that the two aforementioned haven't commented on venky's or their dealings in any shape /form does send alarm bells ringing very loudly doesn't it. Not like Sam to hold his tongue!!!!!!!!!

You only pay off people to keep quiet when you have something to hide,none of this has ever made any sense tbh.It appears that no real questions were ever asked by the media or FA regarding this.

Sinister and underhand dont come close for me.

Just to be very very very clear. There have been all kinds of allegations against certain people for a long time now and yes many journos are aware. But as I have yet to see a single shred of documentary evidence and without it, it's certainly fits within the legal term defamation, so it will NOT be discussed on here until such time as somebody CAN come up with the evidence. So stop asking. Nobody in their right minds is going to spill it (unless they are very stupid and have very very deep pockets) without evidence, so stop asking.

Or his buddies in the media.. Is it just me that can smell an injunction or 2 in place?

I know I have posted about injunctions in the past but having seen the complete wikileaks list of super-injunctions, I will hold my hand up and say I now think it is self-censorship that is keeping the material out of the press and not a couple of super-injunctions.

If a revelatory story is put to the in house lawyers for pre-publication clearance, the lawyers will demand to see the highest level of proof before passing it for publication. Also worth bearing in mind most newspapers have a litigation budget for defamation each year and the Murdoch fun alone is probably taking up all the budgets meaning no contentious material is likely to get published against a contingent liability.

In other words the pockets for paying lawyers are empty so stuff which might interest the readership of this MB might not see the light of day unless someone comes up with better proof than already exists.

From what I'm putting together here - this Qatar bid is not the last we will hear of it. Their is definitely legs left in it. (How many? About one...)

The only real solution is for Venky's to sell. They don't know/understand the scale of people that can put Information against them about a certain thing. Once, this can of worms is opened, I can see Venky's running straight back to the Qatar Group. They should have took their chance and ran whilst keeping their heads above the sand.They've been very naive in believing that they have everything under wraps with regards to the runnings of the club.

Like I've said, this will all change once allegations are made. Only then will the Venky's realise they should have sold and open negotiations with them.

But like everyone else has said. The sooner the better!

Whatever the rumours are if they are football related then I suspect the FA/PL will turn a blind eye. There are too many people making too much money out of the PL brand to want to rock the boat and cause damage to it. Look at the way the FA/PL dealt with the Tevez affair, the smaller club (who should have won) lost and were relegated.

The only way football will clean up its act and the only chance there will be any meaningful investigation into the Rovers takeover will be if the Police or HMRC get involved.

For that to happen there needs to evidence 'beyond a reasonable doubt'. I suspect that is what the ITKs are trying to tell us, the evidence is just not there. If the people involved in these alleged rumours are half as clever as they probably think they are they would have made sure there was no evidence available.

Just to be very very very clear. There have been all kinds of allegations against certain people for a long time now and yes many journos are aware. But as I have yet to see a single shred of documentary evidence and without it, it's certainly fits within the legal term deformation, so it will NOT be discussed on here until such time as somebody CAN come up with the evidence. So stop asking. Nobody in their right minds is going to spill it (unless they are very stupid and have very very deep pockets) without evidence, so stop asking.

Defamation :)

Nobody in their right minds is going to spill it (unless they are very stupid and have very very deep pockets) without evidence, so stop asking.

Does it involve Mrs Desai and a well-endowed alsation?

By the way, I think you meant "defamation", "deformation" is something completely different. Although perhaps you were tipping us off via a slip of the tongue.

Just to be very very very clear. There have been all kinds of allegations against certain people for a long time now and yes many journos are aware. But as I have yet to see a single shred of documentary evidence and without it, it's certainly fits within the legal term defamation, so it will NOT be discussed on here until such time as somebody CAN come up with the evidence. So stop asking. Nobody in their right minds is going to spill it (unless they are very stupid and have very very deep pockets) without evidence, so stop asking.

Apologies. Just trying to get my head round what the hell's going on and what can be done.

Ok, so is anyone going to grow a pair and stand up and be counted? Or just keep the info private to give them a sense of importance?

Just not got deep pockets, however, I am reliably informed, people away from this MB with no idea of any embargos or such could legally post on facebook or twitter without fear providing they had reliable information/proof and my information is that someone has!!

Archived