BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

marty, nicko hasnt quashed any rumours, unless you are talking about the dealings with anderson and not the takeover?

That's EXACTLY what i'm on about. Everyone knows about the takeover, not everyone knows why the takeover must happen. Nicko will spin it to make it sound like the takeover was a bad idea as the press have a pretty strong hold on peoples minds.

If we try and convince people on the site that the takeover needs to happen, maybe a few more people sign up to the cause. If Nicko makes out in the papers that it's a bad idea, a LOT of people think it's a bad idea. Such is the way of the world.

As I said, Nicko is informed, he just has his own agenda as to how he uses the information, it seems.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why not sell the club and walk away from the mess this is what i don't understand the rest you can keep to yourself but this seems like the best solution for all so WHY NOT SELL???

They're in love with the fans and the club and they feel privileged to own it and they want to respect Jack's legacy. :wacko:

I spoke with Jack Straw at the Chelsea match and have already contacted him via email a couple of weeks a go, he has all my details, but tbh not sure he can do too much as he seemed not the same Jack Straw of old if that make sense?

Well give him a shove in the right direction. Remind him he used to be a left-wing student leader!

Does anyone actually have any evidence of the things allegedly going on behind the scenes? By which I don't mean 'somebody who knows somebody else's dog told me something'.

I'm just not convinced.

I'm not 100% convinced myself yet but you have to take things at face value and hope to god the ITK people are wrong :-P

So why not sell the club and walk away from the mess this is what i don't understand the rest you can keep to yourself but this seems like the best solution for all so WHY NOT SELL???

OK, say you were the owner of BRFC.

Logic would tell you that's the best course of action. But what if a little birdy you trusted very much was whispering in your ear? What if this birdy reminded you that you don't seem to be very successful at holding on to your toys and people are starting to question you and your credibility? And what if that birdy told you that by hiring a damn good team of professionals, on his advice, you could hang on to your little play thing for once and prove that you ARE in control?

The emotional aspect all of a sudden makes it very difficult. You're rich, very rich, so money's not the issue. Your pride is though, do you want everyone to laugh at you for failing again?

Here's the twist to the tale.

What if the things this little birdy told you to do were all in vain, that the birdy knew from day one it was doomed to fail but it bought the birdy another 15 minutes of fame, one last big paycheque, knowing that when all this comes out about the little birdy's dodgy dealing it will be game over? Forever?

But you trust the little birdy, you have faith in it. It helped you buy the club in the first place when you knew nothing about the club. In fact it helped you so much that you had your bid accepted when there were other favourites in the queue in front of you. And then the birdy helped you sign some great players at a great price, for just a small fee.

So yeah, you trust the birdy, but the birdy has it in for you as it's only looking out for itself and will say anything to you to convince you that you need to keep the club. Your relatives disagree, but all it takes is your vote against the sale of the club and you get to keep your play thing and, most importantly, prove to everyone that you can make this work.

When in fact you're blinded by the smoke and mirrors and it's doomed to fail. The supporters tried to warn you but you trusted the birdy when others could see past the manipulation.

OK, say you were the owner of BRFC.

Logic would tell you that's the best course of action. But what if a little birdy you trusted very much was whispering in your ear? What if this birdy reminded you that you don't seem to be very successful at holding on to your toys and people are starting to question you and your credibility? And what if that birdy told you that by hiring a damn good team of professionals, on his advice, you could hang on to your little play thing for once and prove that you ARE in control?

The emotional aspect all of a sudden makes it very difficult. You're rich, very rich, so money's not the issue. Your pride is though, do you want everyone to laugh at you for failing again?

Here's the twist to the tale.

What if the things this little birdy told you to do were all in vain, that the birdy knew from day one it was doomed to fail but it bought the birdy another 15 minutes of fame, one last big paycheque, knowing that when all this comes out about the little birdy's dodgy dealing it will be game over? Forever?

But you trust the little birdy, you have faith in it. It helped you buy the club in the first place when you knew nothing about the club. In fact it helped you so much that you had your bid accepted when there were other favourites in the queue in front of you. And then the birdy helped you sign some great players at a great price, for just a small fee.

So yeah, you trust the birdy, but the birdy has it in for you as it's only looking out for itself and will say anything to you to convince you that you need to keep the club. Your relatives disagree, but all it takes is your vote against the sale of the club and you get to keep your play thing and, most importantly, prove to everyone that you can make this work.

When in fact you're blinded by the smoke and mirrors and it's doomed to fail. The supporters tried to warn you but you trusted the birdy when others could see past the manipulation.

I had a little bird once, a budgie it was called Jerome didn't like it much it was a devious little sh** just wanted all the seed for itself bugger any of the other birds

Archived