BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

Automatic relegation by the Premier League or relegation by Venkys amount to the same thing. If Venky's are determined not to sell what is the point in the Venkys out motion..

The problem is that nobody knows how to get Venky's out. If there was a more or less guaranteed way to do it, I think many would try, but there doesn't seem to be one because they, or their "advisers" don't listen and don't want to hear.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends how bad the relegation is, and how many leagues we drop. Sounds to me like you're admitting defeat and are happy for the club to go down, even if that means League 2 football next season.

Venkys may be determined not to sell, both to save face and under JA's guidance, but if we have a new buyer we have a chance of getting out of this mess. If an offer was made that they can't refuse, it would be a test of loyalty for them between JA and these PL advisers working with the Qatar group interested. Hopefully we can point them in the right direction and spell out what could happen to the club and also to them if they don't leave.

I'm guessing the parachute payments etc won't apply if relegated as a formal sanction, so who would be left with the £100m mortgage bill? Venkys? They'd liquidise and walk away but would be seen as an even worse failure than if they sold up now. We really need to make that point to them. An added bonus would be keeping the club in the PL.

If you're happy for the club to plummet down the standings though then by all means stay at home and do nothing.

Rumour has it this big company will only make one offer. If Venkys havent got the message by the time they make their decision, this prospective buyer will look elsewhere. We would be a cheap investment for them, even with clearing all our debt under Venkys, but a spokesman has openly said that they will not be held to ransom.

I think Venkys would sell as long as they can make a tidy profit, but what that number would be noone knows. If they turn around and say they want £75m for the club AND the new owner takes on the massive debt they buyer will laugh and walk away, they could buy another club for that kind of money.

On the question of the poll it's not really up to us to decide on what they should do, Venky's own the club and can do whatever they want to it. Also we don't really know much information about what sort of deal is on the table, what the plans of the prospective owners would be and what level of investment they would be willing to put in.

Whatever they decide to do they need to get their act together, either sell as quick as possible if they are happy with any deals on the table or save our premier league status by changing the manager now and providing some funds in January. What they can't do is continue to do sweet fa and hope for the best.

But can they salvage anything if we get punished by the PL, automatic relegation and no parachute payments? Even selling players won't recover their losses on the mortgage, liquidation would follow and they'd lose a LOT.

Certain lumps of land are worth quite a bit one would imagine.

Blackburn is just one of 170 Venky's locations to be precise rebel.

Just popped in to see if anyone has by some miracle had some luck in making something happen.

It is not for want of trying...

Yes and they have the same emotional attachment to it as they do for a chicken house in Lower Slabobia.

Blackburn is just one of 170 Venky's locations to be precise rebel.

Just popped in to see if anyone has by some miracle had some luck in making something happen.

It is not for want of trying...

I have. I won the Euromillions a couple of weeks ago and i'm in talks with an adviser about buying out Venkys.

His name's Jerome Anderson, do you know of him? He's already given me some great targets for the transfer window too. I see the light!

But can they salvage anything if we get punished by the PL, automatic relegation and no parachute payments? Even selling players won't recover their losses on the mortgage, liquidation would follow and they'd lose a LOT.

They'd lose the farm.

Only problem is the farm is BRFC.

I fully expect Venkys would walk away from Rovers relegation mire unscathed, with the club simply folding.

On the question of the poll it's not really up to us to decide on what they should do, Venky's own the club and can do whatever they want to it. Also we don't really know much information about what sort of deal is on the table, what the plans of the propesctive owners would be and what level of investment they would be willing to put in.

Whatever they decide to do they need to get their act together, either sell as quick as possible if they are happy with any deals on the table or save our premier league status by changing the manager now and providing some funds in January. What they can't do carry on the same path of doing sweet fa.

If Venky's plan were only to do sweet fa, it would be bad enough.

Looks like they don't have a plan and the outcome will be far worse than if they had only been guilty of benign neglect.

However, there is still hope but even natural optimist me is beginning to think in terms of this becoming Blackburn's biggest ever car crash.

Just like the Charlie Sheen and Chris Tucker movie...MONEY TALKS. If the Qatar group puts in a decent bid in and offer incentives(free advertising for Venkys,playing games in India etc) then it's a no brainer for them. Also i read that a senior source from Venky's told Kammy that the family will not sell. I reckon and HOPE that's a wind up. Venky's know he posts on here,and they know what the majority of us think of them...so you see where I'm going with this?

I have. I won the Euromillions a couple of weeks ago and i'm in talks with an adviser about buying out Venkys.

His name's Jerome Anderson, do you know of him? He's already given me some great targets for the transfer window too. I see the light!

Its sad to say, but if your Euro Millions purchasing power was a living entity in today market, you may just make then scratch their crotch.

Archived