BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or angry people who now realise they have been sold a pup and will take us to oblivion out of pure spite?

Just what the hell can the Rao's offer ROVERS?

I was going to post "it's their money".

But I'm not even sure it is. I agree it does feel like they want to kill the club. Not sure it would be good for their image though.

This isn't going to take brute force for to get rid of them, it's going to take a sincere, honest personal plea from someone close to the Rao family...

Whatever happens, the relationship between the town of Blackburn and Venky's Group is irrevocably at an end.

Whether it is a peceable parting or an ugly forced cut is a decision for Pune but if the latter they will most certainly lose.

The club is screwed.

Venkys have just denied us all of the best opportunity of Rovers being a big force and not a relagation side! Livid!! Protests must be upped now and directed at Venkys! Keans just a small part of the issue now!

Exactly! If we are to be denied this staggering opportunity I know I simply couldn't ever forgive Venky's for this. This would be the last straw, in a series of **** ups. It wouldn't even be hypocritical to make a swift exit at this time. They talk about Rovers being their 'baby', if that's the case this is a serious chance to allow their 'baby' to grow vastly beyond their own capabilities for the good of the club. They can either be humble and accept this alleged real chance, or pursue the opposite naive, arrogant and stupid traits which Venky's have continuously displayed throughout their tenure of the club.

BE REAL VENKY'S, IT'S TIME TO JUMP SHIP FFS!

Venkys have just denied us all of the best opportunity of Rovers being a big force and not a relagation side! Livid!! Protests must be upped now and directed at Venkys! Keans just a small part of the issue now!

Exactly! If we are to be denied this staggering opportunity I know I simply couldn't ever forgive Venky's for this. This would be the last straw, in a series of **** ups. It wouldn't even be hypocritical to make a swift exit at this time. They talk about Rovers being their 'baby', if that's the case this is a serious chance to allow their 'baby' to grow vastly beyond their own capabilities for the good of the club. They can either be humble and accept this alleged real chance, or pursue the opposite naive, arrogant and stupid traits which Venky's have continuously displayed throughout their tenure of the club.

BE REAL VENKY'S, IT'S TIME TO JUMP SHIP FFS!

It is 100% greed and selfishness on the part of Anderson who has influenced the most influencable Rao who is blocking the deal.

If this is the case and he's blocking a deal purely as a skin saving exercise, can he not be persuaded that the best way to save his skin is to walk away quietly now. Whatever leverage we might have could be put on the table. Go away and we'll be quiet, stay and every Rovers fan will tirelessly ensure that you made a bad choice.

If he likes money, perhaps the Qatari's might like a word with him, they'll be a price I'm sure and if they want a quick deal I'm sure that could be made to happen here faster than perhaps some other clubs.

Perhaps someone at the club could get some leverage on the man.

Where's Jack Bauer when you need him :/

It is 100% greed and selfishness on the part of Anderson who has influenced the most influencable Rao who is blocking the deal.

IMO, this will make Myles Anderson the most unpopular Rovers' player of all time and he will become a target for the fans' wrath any time, anywhere that he dons that famous blue and white shirt.

IMV, if Keith Andrews thinks he suffered then poor Myles will be in for the most rude awakening of his daddy protected existance!

Reserve attendances will soar !!!!

Whatever happens, the relationship between the town of Blackburn and Venky's Group is irrevocably at an end.

Whether it is a peceable parting or an ugly forced cut is a decision for Pune but if the latter they will most certainly lose.

That relationship doesn't really matter to them or their business though, does it, Philip? From what we hear, even if Venky's do lose the battle with the public of Blackburn, we will probably already be well on the way to losing our club.

Do you think Venky's are being underhand here or has Anderson really pulled the wool so far over their eyes? Which one of them is he influencing?

The Qatari's won't hang around waiting for the Venky's to see sense?

Somehow we have to let the Venkys know that their presence in Blackburn is no longer welcome. Whenever they show their faces, whether home or away, their reception must be hostile. Make them crawl away and wish they had never seen Blackburn.

Just to make sure I have this straight: Venky's won't sell for 25 million cash because they fear the loss of face. However, they want to get us relegated (no face loss there then) so they can asset strip 25 million cash from player sales.

As to their message to Kamy, I'm sure they always negotiate major asset sales by telling a journalist who posts everything on the internet. After all, it's not like they haggle, is it?

dont know what to do, i feel so powerless, cant beleive these (insert strong descriptive insulting word here) are going to deny us a once in a lifetime chance, if they care about the club as much as they say they do then they will do the right thing and let us go, never in my wildest dreams did i think we would have the chance to be owned by billionaires and now because of the rao's selfishness we wont. they dont belong here anymore, they tried and failed, now is the time for them to walk away and save whats left of their reputation. Take the money and run and dont look back and learn from this experience whilst at the same time we have the oppurtinity to expand and become a club capable of challenging near the top instead of always battling relegation.

Funny you should mention nixon, I had a brief Twitter conversation where I said there were rumours JA was still hanging around the club. He said the rumour was "balls" and he was nowhere near the club.

Well, I can't comment if he still has any influence with either the club or the owners, but I have photographic proof he was definitely "hanging around" in Pune. But given his son is a player here and his organisation represents both the manager and some of the team, he'd OBVIOUSLY be hanging around wouldn't he?

No, everything that can be done is being done but great ideas warmly welcomed.

Have any of the Pune 9 got Balaji's or Amit's personal mobile numbers to try to talk some sense into him for instance?

If Only. The only person I know with it is too much of a gent and a professional to give it up.

It simply gets worse by the week Bucky.

Al makes the point that we should let them know about how we feel, they never bloody come to any games!

How would they know?

I don't believe they are evil just stubborn. What did it take for them to realise their first venture into sport (cricket) had failed ? Anyone know?

Wow - go dark for 24/48 hours and two offers to buy the club and the chicken farmers turning them (both?) down?

If all of this stuff about the relationships is true then there's no way the Venkys will turn it around imo - it would take a lot of skill and expertise, and that would have prevented the getting into the brown stuff in the first place.

How about this?

The fans put together a CV for the club, like Michael Owens "brochure" from a while back - gloss over the ownership but lay out the virtues of a club like Rovers, then it can be out there for all to see.

The passion of the fans might influence the other groups to consider a higher bid? We'd be worth the extra to buy the club over say Everton who need huge investment no?

How exactly do Venky's intend to flagship their company when we're rotting in The Championship? That's what I don't get. You'd think a successful football club would be a better advert for Venky's than a broken one. Then again, much of anything they do makes zero sense.

Anyway, EIT makes a very valid point. The ins and outs of any potential takeover are not going to be privy to someone like Kamy (no offence, just sayin'). I'd be VERY surprised if Venky's weren't open to offers from an oil tycoon.

The only thing I can think of to help persuade Balaji to agree to sell is.

Venkys we believe have been badly advised ever since getting involved with Rovers. We know by you know who.

Maybe we should, as a club offer them away out. Give them for a year, free advertisement with regards to venky company. Even if it means naming a stand after them for a simular period - yes dread the thought myself. But for a year I'd just about stomach it, if it meant getting the main deal done with qatar.

Maybe even help towards getting the help they need for Indian football - continue playing a match / tounament over there etc.

That way they do not lose face in the eyes of those back in India.

Archived