BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? My opinion is based on the complete collapse that had taken place on and off the pitch in the last 12 months.

Show me the evidence of this complete collapse off the pitch. You can't because that evidence does not exist. It's all based on circulated rumours, which have been circulated so much that it's been established as fact.

i feel totally gutted, cant beleive these clowns wont do whats best for the club and thats to sell and move on. just shows they dont care about rovers or its fans, this is a once in a lifetime chance and will probably never come around again.

I suspect Venky's will sell, but only at a substantial premium to the price they paid. I also suspect the Qataris will give up in despair at trying to deal with the Indians and turn their attentions to another club. This story is cruel in many ways because it offers false hope to Rovers supporters.

My fears too Jim...I will cry like a ruddy baby if the Roa's play stubborn and shut the door on this possible deal.

Not all lost... yet.

The consequences of this not swinging round for Venky's are utterly horrific.

Jerome Anderson is the evil being in my opinion.

Just back from the local after a couple of swift pints - tbh, tempted to say there and get rat arsed after this setback.

However, question for you Philip - do Venky's understand just how deep into the proverbial they are or are people such as Anderson & Kean 'hiding' this from them ? Might be a 'ball squeezer' !?

Show me the evidence of this complete collapse off the pitch. You can't because that evidence does not exist. It's all based on circulated rumours, which have been circulated so much that it's been established as fact.

Crowds 25% down

No sponsor

Big reduction in corporate sales

More money paid out in agent fees on one transfer than JW forked out in two years.

A manager maintained with the second worst record in the history of the Premier League.

Departure of the administrators that were renowned for excellence and not replaced.

Fans prevented from protesting after 4 consecutive games of dissent

Just a few off the top of me head like.

It is 100% greed and selfishness on the part of Anderson who has influenced the most influencable Rao who is blocking the deal.

And yet he is supposedly no longer involved...

I blame the person who picked the past tense subtitle when renaming this thread for jinxing it!

This is a ###### disgusting thing to say. As someone who's family has come from the USSR and whose relatives were killed and tortured under Stalin's regime, I find this completely reprehensible.

They are all still people. Your judgement of all of them is almost entirely based on illogical rumours and complete fabrications. Unbelievable. People need to get a grip, you've all descended into complete lunacy.

Now just where did you get that nice big horse from? It was a flippant remark, not to be taken entirely seriously and as I am reading Stalin: The Court of the Red Tsar, and got a first on the module regarding Soviet history I don't think I need lectures from you about how much of a ____ he was. However, it does seem that something as dramatic and tragic as death is the only way to remove these nobbers. Whether I would love to see them killed is another matter.

Yeah but don't worry too much, as Alan Nixon said some time ago, Anderson's not involved at Rovers any more. ;)

Funny you should mention nixon, I had a brief Twitter conversation where I said there were rumours JA was still hanging around the club. He said the rumour was "balls" and he was nowhere near the club.

The PR for Venky's from here on in is going to be horrific.

That is not a threat- it is based on what I know.

They are so mind-bogglingly naive to believe Jerome Anderson and his assurances.

Then perhaps some of our attention needs to swing that way. Discredit this individual.

It is 100% greed and selfishness on the part of Anderson who has influenced the most influencable Rao who is blocking the deal.

How can we get the PL to intervine. I think supporters who live in the blackburn area should be outside ewood chanting venkys out. We cannot wait a week till next match. So something asap needs to be done.

I think the reason they won't sell the club is because then Venkys venture into football would be deemed a failure & they won't want to be seen as failures, I think that comes from the culture over there doesn't it?

By the time this Jerome Anderson fella has finished he will have totally ruined our club. It seems that he has pulled the wool over the owners eyes with a number of different things and they have just gone along with it although it's their own fault for getting rid of John Williams & not coming over and getting involved with the day to day running of the club.

I really do hope they decide to sell, and the prospective new owners take steps to steady the situation both on & off the field very, very quickly. In my opinion this would mean replacing the majority of the board, replacing the manager & some of the coaching staff and signing some players that we actually need, 2 full backs, a combative midfielder and a proper centre forward. No "Marquee Signings" required, just good players that will get the job done.

We can all live in hope, but if Kamys sources at Venkys are telling the truth and they have decided not to sell then they have made the wrong decision & may we may end up paying the ultimate price for their naivety & poor decision making and this is totally unacceptable.

Archived