BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their own stubborness; a desire to keep face; blind trust in those they have allowed to advise them who probably see more money coming their way later? You me and nobody else understands what the heck they are playing at. It's not even like they get any enjoyment out of the club because they never come to games and we don't win anyway.

How will they loose face if they say they are business people and that they have made a healthy profit. You are right they are not football fans!!!

Perhaps the best strategy by fans isn't to criticise Venky's and make them feel they are loosing face but to point out that by accepting the offer they will be taking the higher ground by kindly allowing rovers to further their ambition and that through a thoughtful business sale they will have made a profit which they can pump into the development of football and the building of an academy to further the grass routes of indian football (and that Kean is the best man to reluctantly leave for the benefit of indian football and run this academy).

The figures which Qatari's are prepared to offer are HUGE, but will now walkaway to another club because simply Venky's don't want to sell.

A lot of hardwork has gone into this over the last 2 weeks, but unfortunately it has come to nothing. We had the chance of being part of something very special but now feel drained, empty and devastated that this deal couldn't be pulled of.

Will go into more detail in the podcast.

This definatley the end of it all? You 100% that there is no way they would accept?

The figures which Qatari's are prepared to offer are HUGE, but will now walkaway to another club because simply Venky's don't want to sell.

A lot of hardwork has gone into this over the last 2 weeks, but unfortunately it has come to nothing. We had the chance of being part of something very special but now feel drained, empty and devastated that this deal couldn't be pulled of.

Will go into more detail in the podcast.

so thats it then? shows over no more to see here?

who are they after now then?

Ask yourself why would Venkys sell when they can offload hundreds of millions of pounds of debt against us?

If you were in their position would you sell an asset of this magnitude... Nope would you Hell as like, they will milk us completely dry and drop us like a turd when nothing more can be extracted.

I am eternally grateful to the Walker Trust a year ago to selling us to such a noble and deserving bunch, they really couldn't have messed it up more if they tried could they, Christ.

That was waaaaaay too quick.

agreed. all happened too quickly if parties are truly interested then decisions like this aren't made over a 2 week period...there's a lot more to this than we know.

WHY won't they sell? It just doesn't add up-a profit can be made which can be pumped into grass root indian football isn't that what their true vision is to further the development of indian sport as a global showcase for venky's. i don't understand the Kentaro angle on this either.

agreed. all happened too quickly if parties are truly interested then decisions like this aren't made over a 2 week period...there's a lot more to this that we know.

WHY won't they sell? It just doesn't add up-a profit can be made which can be pumped into grass root indian football isn't that what their true vision is to further the development of indian sport as a global showcase for venky's. i don't understand the Kentaro angle on this.

Because they are advised by JA.

He's just using us to complicate matters between him and the PL, I suspect. Of course he'll say not to sell, he's using the club as a stab vest for as long as possible to make as much money as he can, while he can.

If JA can drag this on longer he will do. If Venkys sell up, the club's no longer at risk and JA can be tried for the swine he is.

It has been clear that the Qatari firm aren't interested in negotiations, they made an outrageous offer to Venkys as a get out of jail free card and they let their trust in JA blind them to what their future holds. He doesn't even care about Venkys or what happens to them, he just doesn't want his 15 minutes of fame to end. If you were making millions from dodgy dealings would you not drag it on as long as you can? Or would you tell your puppets to give up the ghost and expose your neck to the noose?

Anderson is using Rovers as a shield against what is coming his way.

One Rao is too lacking in worldly wisdom that he fell for Anderson's blandishments and has set up his sister (who is responsible person) for an absolute shellacking as a consequence in my opinion.

She faces some horrible consequences as do the Rovers.

Heartbreaking stuff.

I cant believe we are stuck with the world's most clueless business people for our owners, a polished turd as a chairman, and a manager who should be in some padded room in a straight jacket.

Why the hell did'nt the information come out before when we may have been able to do something to help the bid, what were we supposed to do in one night? :angry2:

You are a comedic genius. No wonder you've got reb running scared. Bravo.

The Reb is scared of no man. He's merely knocking the dust off his spurs.

Bad news guys, I am being told that Venky's have decided not to sell. This is from a senior Venky's source.

Figures. Venkys have yet to make a good decision in regards to the Rovers, so this is not surprising.

Not all lost... yet.

The consequences of this not swinging round for Venky's are utterly horrific.

Jerome Anderson is the evil being in my opinion.

JA is a problem. How do Venkys accept his son on a playing contract? By all reports he's not that good. They have to see that its just another way of milking the club?

Yeah but don't worry too much, as Alan Nixon said some time ago, Anderson's not involved at Rovers any more. ;)

Nicko's credibility has been taking major hits. Notice how he ran away when his stories were questioned?

Kean turned out to be a real "gem", didn't he?

What is the common denominators between Coyle and Kean? They're both Scottish, both SEM/Kentaro clients and both lauded by Nixon. I can't help but think there is a story in there somewhere.

If the qatar group are truly interested in purchasing rovers then they will. A supposed bid of 25 million (+debts cleared) is small change-and no wonder venky's have said they aren't interested If the qatar group have their hearts set on a purchase . . .

But they don't have their hearts set on the purchase, do they? They have multiple targets and want a deal done ASAP so they can get their team in well in advance of the January transfer window.

I'm not sure the Raos grasp how much more professional the Qataris are, compared to the Raos' antics. The Qataris want it done now as there is no time to waste, while the Raos apparently are quite used to wasting time based on their summer transfer dealings.

If Venkys are staying, the priority has to be building a relationship with the fans and quickly!

Step 1: Fire Kean and replace him with an experienced, competent Premier League manager.

Step 2: Jettison (100%, no strings) Jerome Anderson and hire a respected, experienced Premier League chairman.

Step 3: Host a town hall with the Rovers fans, at Ewood, all invited, and answer any and all questions over the course of several hours.

If they won't sell, the Raos desperately need to clear the air and get a clean start, but I doubt they know how to go about doing it, especially with Wormtongue whispering in their ears.

Hate to throw a dash of sense into this dream pie but everyone must remember that to Venkeys the club is nothing more than an asset; if they can salvage more from the club than what they are being offered then they will say no.

I think that's the problem, we don't have one owner, the corporate entity Venky's may own us, but it's been obviously that we have three individuals that own us and I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion (based on a mixture of personal experience and here-say) that we have three very different people who want three very different things for the club.

From my own stand point (which may be very very wrong, so take this with a pinch of salt). Mrs D seems to be the business brain, I'd imagine she's all over this takeover. Balaji seems to be the real "fan" and wants success at any cost (and I'd suspects hates the idea) and Venketesh seems to be much more of a philanthropist and sees the good he could do with it all and probably doesn't care either way (though the last one is a bit of a guess).

We've heard stories (which may or may not be true) about Mrs D vetoing certain decisions that would have benefited the club, what if we now have Balaji and Venketesh vetoing things because ultimately they believe they can make a success of it? (This is all purely hypothetical)

If I'm right, it no longer becomes a matter of "simple maths" but a case of big sister threatening to take away their favourite toy (even if said toy is now held together with sticky tape and the box has long since been discarded). Now I saw Balaji's passion first hand, what I've yet to see is if he can come good on a dream he shares with the fans.

If the qatar group are truly interested in purchasing rovers then they will.

We can speculate all we want but unless a proper offer is placed your comments are all arbitrary

See above. I suspect if part of the ownership REALLY doesn't want to sell (even though it's obvious financial sense to), they wouldn't.

If Venkys are staying, the priority has to be building a relationship with the fans and quickly!

No. This should have been a priority from day one. Sadly in Balaji they've got somebody they could have sold to the fans REALLY easy. The passion and desire is genuinely there. The problem is that for whatever reasons, it's doesn't seem to have been backed up in sound business sense.

Tell you what Bala, if you get to read this, sell the majority share holding to these Qatar based bidders and you can STILL become a hero in Blackburn. You can still become as popular is Jerome Anderson is unpopular. You've got the passion, you got the drive, you've just been very badly advised it seems both on an off the pitch. Cut those ties, jump in with the new guys (on your own, rather than as part of the giant Venky's corporate machine) and I swear on day we'll be singing your name as we're proudly once again "a small town in Europe".

.. or don't and you'll probably go down in history as part of the darkest part in the club's history. Which is a shame, 'cos I know you care.

Isnt it about time Andersson started to get some s**t. Why dont we start something against him. I mean something serious so he realises that he could be in danger if he carrys on advising venkys?

Because we've no real proof he IS still advising them. Everyone in a position of responsibility claims not.

If this is true then what is preventing the sale? Pride I understand but it only takes you so far. If it's basically a nobrainer financially and you can still walk away without too much damage to your reputation, then why wouldn't you? However dumb you are, money usually talks.

See above.

Archived