BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

Don't worry, this Jerome chap has already told me how we can triple my investment! Plus £100m mortgages seem to be pretty easy to come by these days!

Don't forget this Jerome chap knows somebody who is a brilliant manager. He works long hours and is a good thinker you know?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe its time for the people in the know to play dirty and threaten to expose everything to the FA and Premier league unless the club is sold

I think you will find that they already know and have told the Raos to sell or face the consequences

If the qatar group are truly interested in purchasing rovers then they will. A supposed bid of 25 million (+debts cleared) is small change-and no wonder venky's have said they aren't interested If the qatar group have their hearts set on a purchase then an extra 15-20 million ontop of that (small amount to them) will force Venky's hand and it will be done. Remember even 50-80 million is small compared with the 300 million needed to purchase a new stadium at Everton and buy the club. Venky's are a small organisation and can't compete financially... if a tempting offer comes in they will sell. They are business people and money and profits talk. Don't be naive to think other wise. It is my belief that a legitimate offer has not been logged (maybe the waters have been tested). The best course of action to convince the qatar group that we are worth the investment and forget anti venky's abuse if a legitimate worthwhile offer is put on the table then a sale will happen!!

We can speculate all we want but unless a proper offer is placed your comments are all arbitrary

I think you will find that they already know and have told the Raos to sell or face the consequences

It is the premeditated destruction of BRFC which I am finding so unbearably painful to witness.

But whilst there is time, there is still hope.

If the qatar group are truly interested in purchasing rovers then they will. A supposed bid of 25 million (+debts cleared) is small change-and no wonder venky's have said they aren't interested If the qatar group have their hearts set on a purchase then an extra 15-20 million ontop of that (small amount to them) will force Venky's hand and it will be done. Remember even 50-80 million is small compared with the 300 million needed to purchase a new stadium at Everton and buy the club. Venky's are a small organisation and can't compete financially... if a tempting offer comes in they will sell. They are business people and money and profits talk. Don't be naive to think other wise. It is my belief that a legitimate offer has not been logged (maybe the waters have been tested). The best course of action to convince the qatar group that we are worth the investment and forget anti venky's abuse if a legitimate worthwhile offer is put on the table then a sale will happen!!

We can speculate all we want but unless a proper offer is placed your comments are all arbitrary

I hadn't seen this speculation.

I know what the offer is and believe me Venky's won the lottery and then some.

It is the premeditated destruction of BRFC which I am finding so unbearably painful to witness.

Is the Qatari offer £25m plus absorb the £100m Barclays overdraft facility, whenever that was or is spent by the Raos/Anderson.

If this is true then what is preventing the sale? Pride I understand but it only takes you so far. If it's basically a nobrainer financially and you can still walk away without too much damage to your reputation, then why wouldn't you? However dumb you are, money usually talks.

If people posting on MBs are ITKs then its common knowledge already. Its so easy to claim to be ITK but actually say nothing.

True, but i've said numerous times that the press no doubt know exactly what's happening but are waiting for a credible source before they can spill the beans. They don't care for the club, they want sales. Hence no press release.

And yes there ARE itk's. Many could claim to be but noone can confirm they are, hence all the rumour mills on Twitter. Some stories will be true and some nonsense but I don't think anyone's prepared to be the one responsible for destroying the club by being either a source for the media to quote or silly enough to release a statement themselves.

Then if it is a legitimate bid and a worthwhile amount they will sell.

They are business people and money will talk. january players +wages + agents fees +loan repayments + possible losses due to relegation threat/low league placement = eventual realisation that this has to happen if a legitimate offer really is on the table.

Or am i missing something.

They are business people and money will talk. january players +wages + agents fees +loan repayments + possible losses due to relegation threat/low league placement = eventual realisation that this has to happen if a legitimate offer really is on the table.

Their own stubborness; a desire to keep face; blind trust in those they have allowed to advise them who probably see more money coming their way later? You me and nobody else understands what the heck they are playing at. It's not even like they get any enjoyment out of the club because they never come to games and we don't win anyway.

Yep. Pride. They're from a different culture to us and I get the impression they'd rather hang onto their toy than sell up and be deemed failures. While they are being advised by the likes of JA they will always be of the opinion they can make it a successful business venture, instead of taking the offer, walking out quids in, and being successful financially, but never to be seen again in the Premier League.

IMO you are correct. Arabs are superb businesmen and traders. They have made, or so the rumours go, an offer to test the Rao's. In a previous life I worked around the ME for 20+ years and these guys like to haggle and barter. They would be good owners if it ever came together.

The cost to them is irrelevant but getting a good deal is important.

It makes absolutely no sense for them not to sell the club, their stock has dropped and surely they are spending way more money than they first thought, they have no reason at all to stay at the club.

This time next year they could well be 50 million down with no means to get us back up and you can bet then they will want to sell the club.

The figures which Qatari's are prepared to offer are HUGE, but will now walkaway to another club because simply Venky's don't want to sell.

A lot of hardwork has gone into this over the last 2 weeks, but unfortunately it has come to nothing. We had the chance of being part of something very special but now feel drained, empty and devastated that this deal couldn't be pulled of.

Will go into more detail in the podcast.

They are thick and stubborn.

Stubborn? Yes. Thick? No.

Although they are very naive and can be easily manipulated it would seem. My remote psychological analysis of the owners to me says they all have different visions for their business venture and they aren't on the same wavelength. Mrs D seems to be the brains, Balaji seems to be the pimp with the flash toys and Venkatesh the polite thinker/speaker.

Yes.

Jerome Anderson's sense of self-preservation regardless of enormous collateral damage to the Rovers and the Raos as well.

On any logical basis, Venky's should be high fiving round Puna in Balaji's vintage car collection.

However, the spiv turkey rustler convinced the baby Indian turkey to vote for Christmas. Big sis turkey thinks something is horribly wrong but doesn't know quite how wrong. She also hasn't worked out that she gets to meet the stuffing first.

Archived