BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QATAR group bid for Rovers

Given neither us nor them expected Rovers to be in the relegation zone, with a good squad that can't win, watched by protesting fans and key people leaving the club. What should they do ?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's stay for the long haul, or cut and run

• Finish what they started. Follow through on their promise of Europe?
    • Accept any serious bid. Be glad their brand is now known in Europe and move on?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Venkys will never sell.

I suspect Venky's will sell, but only at a substantial premium to the price they paid. I also suspect the Qataris will give up in despair at trying to deal with the Indians and turn their attentions to another club. This story is cruel in many ways because it offers false hope to Rovers supporters.

• Backroom

Tom I would settle for a manager and owners that understand the fans.

I see where you are going with this and I can see your angle, this would drag us as much away for our homely and family feeling club as much as Venky's have.

Both options are like selling your soul but the fans help to keep it real the only problem is that under Venky's the fans are leaving in their thousands if we were to have owners willing to invest and put us back on the map in footballing terms Ewood park would be full again.

Just on a side note, the best way too get the majority of fans aginst the owners is to get Andy Cryer onboard, maybe 5'000 fans read the Telegraph and a massive pro new owners piece would'nt go amiss.

No angle buddy was just being a bit mischeivous really and wondered how much this 'we want our rovers back' is down just to us doing badly (we had it under Ince which stopped as soon as Sam came in and beat Stoke)

City fans don't care neither should we, I'd take survival and stability at most costs.

Consider this. What if Steve Kean HAS got the dirt on Venkys and the takeover and that is what's making it hard to sack him? If Venkys were to sell up and cut their losses, and the new owners sacked Steve Kean, it would be highly unlikely that there could be damage done to the club as it would be regarding previous dealings and not the new ownership. The new owners would force a scorched earth policy, sack Kean and leave him and his puppet master Anderson up the creek without a paddle. If Venkys were to sack Kean now they risk an investigation by the FA for the dodgy dealings and jeapordise the club and their interests if he were to come out in public.

Hate to go circle but I honestly think this needs more evaluation.

Just SUPPOSE a few things.

Suppose all these rumours were true and something dodgy is going on (which looks more and more likely)

Suppose it was so bad that the club could be kicked out of the higher echelons of the Football League if these dodgy goings on were revealed.

And suppose in the event of new ownership the club could not be charged for whatever goings on and it would all fall on the evil mastermind that is Jerome Anderson.

Would the above points not all make it well worth while pushing collectively, as supporters of the club, for a change of ownership?

Because suppose if everything being said IS true and we don't do everything in our power to help this takeover happen... it would be bye bye BRFC as we know it.

Discuss.

No angle buddy was just being a bit mischeivous really and wondered how much this 'we want our rovers back' is down just to us doing badly (we had it under Ince which stopped as soon as Sam came in and beat Stoke)

City fans don't care neither should we, I'd take survival and stability at most costs.

I did'nt mean angle, more point of view and I agree to an extent if Venky's turned around tommorow ditched JA and Kean and installed a prem manager and a chairman and vowed to listen and understand the fans, I would'nt give a rats arse if Mr Saudi Oilmcshiek wanted to buy us and turn us into the next city I would just as much remain a mid table media nuisance but the only problem is that it's just not going to happen.

Venky's have made their bed and we have to lie in it.

second that.

Tho I would agree that we need owners who are willing to talk to the fans and understand the fans concerns and that we are part of the club.

If the potential owners sack kean then I think they would instant heroes at Ewood Park!!!

I can't see any reason for them to keep Kean. Can't see him having any dirt on any new owners without JA's involvement :lol: I just hope prospective new owners have some kind of football knowledge, and if they don't they use PL approved advisers and not some snake of a super agent looking out for his retirement fund

Suppose all these rumours were true and something dodgy is going on (which looks more and more likely)

Suppose it was so bad that the club could be kicked out of the higher echelons of the Football League if these dodgy goings on were revealed.

And suppose in the event of new ownership the club could not be charged for whatever goings on and it would all fall on the evil mastermind that is Jerome Anderson.

Would the above points not all make it well worth while pushing collectively, as supporters of the club, for a change of ownership?

Because suppose if everything being said IS true and we don't do everything in our power to help this takeover happen... it would be bye bye BRFC as we know it.

Discuss.

Then the EPL would do what they always do wait for us to get relegated and then they dont have to worry.

I can't see any reason for them to keep Kean. Can't see him having any dirt on any new owners without JA's involvement :lol: I just hope prospective new owners have some kind of football knowledge, and if they don't they use PL approved advisers and not some snake of a super agent looking out for his retirement fund

If new owners came in Kean would'nt last the day, Ancelotti would get the gig with a wad to spend in January.

Ok enough tormenting myself on shoulda, woulda , coulda...... might as well go to bed :(

Really?

It's a well known fact that they're out for JA's blood, what if they were to take action? Rumour has it that another PL club has made a complaint, if rumours are anything to go by, and I could see us being made an example of, a scapegoat for their little war, an innocent bystander as the proverbial hits the fan.

I'd rather push for this prospective takeover and avoid any action having to be taken. It's not just the PL that would be looking into it, if another club has any info on the goings on and have had the balls to make an official complaint that serious I highly doubt they'd let the matter just fade away. Teams are competitive but respect each other, to stand up and say something like that would surely mean it's BAD with a capital everything?

Maybe, but your indicating now that the focus changed, but you didnt let everyone know. I understand that sometimes people are told things they cannot repeat, but it was perfectly feasible you could have said something along the lines of that you were aware of interested parties in Rovers, and that an anti-Venky element to the protests was a message to them too.

Glen, I applaud you for getting the protest up and running and the collosal amount of work you have put in. However, I still dont think you should have allowed unknowing people to protest against something, whilst you had a ulterior motive behind that.

I think if you check back through some post, on other threads you will see I did tell people about people working on takeovers and contact being made

Wrong, Protest, started off being aimed at Kean, and have been in recent protest aimed at both Kean and Venkys. When all protest started, it was purely on Kean's results, and Kean taking our team down through his results, as things have progressed and we have talked to people both supporters and others. and other information has come to light then focus has changed, and those who have been on protest who I have spoken to are fully aware

Regarding Glen though, personally I'm disappointed that he's encouraged people to rally against Kean for that reason, but also had this new owner strategy in the background under wraps. That isnt right. (In no way am I pro-Venky and definately not Pro-Kean either.)

This sequence now appears to be the case and puts Glen in a far more favorable light:

1. Protests start due to Kean's poor results.

2. Protests intensify because of Venkys' intransigence over Kean.

3. Glen is made aware of a light at the end of the tunnel, potential new owners, which reinforces his resolve.

4. Protests continue, with some hoping that course can be reversed and our PL position salvaged despite Venkys' apparent mismanagement.

All said, that sequence casts Glen's actions in a very positive light.

Though to be fair to his critics, Glen's initial posts were not clear and could have been reasonably interpreted as being "in the know" from day one which happily appears to not be the case.

Good work, Glen. Sorry I suffered a moment of doubt.

Blackburn and Everton are £500m targets for Arab sheikh

Bizarrely, Blackburn have emerged as an option – with insiders claiming the Qataris have been to Lancashire and India in the past week.

Frankly, Blackburn is not a bizarre choice. We are a founding team. We are one of 4 PL to have won the league. We have won major trophies in each of the three centuries (19th, 20th and 21st) soccer has been in existence. Our debt load is still relatively light, we own our ground and have excellent training facilities, all thanks to Jack Walker.

From an owner's perspective, gate receipts are a relatively small portion of the equation. And Ewood is nowhere near the smallest PL stadium. All said, with an owner willing to spend on a quality manager and a quality squad, we have a very solid base to build on.

Apparently Venkys is not that owner. The Qatari's might be. Hope is sparking, again.

To those who know a damn site more than me:

I assume the key to any take over with the Qatari group has to be the speed ie, before we are too deep in the relegtion mire (which may be next week) and well before the Jan transfer window. Therefore any intransigence on Venky's part will scupper the deal?

On the flip side, now the Qatar interest is genuine and out in the media and Venkys refuse to sell, they are only going to incur the wrath of even more fans.

Would seem a no brainer for Venkys.

Guaranteed not to happen then.

This is what worries me. Logic and Venkys do not appear to go hand in hand, as demonstrated by Kean's continued employment as manager.

Not in this case, These guys are the real deal, and have money coming out of every crack possible, These are the way forward

And I hope Venkys will have mercy on us and let us be sold. If we are truly "family", then they should let us go if that is in the best interests of the club. So it's a bit of a moment of truth. :unsure:

The advantage of Rovers over Everton is Everton need several hundred million spending befor you start on the football side.

We know Venky's ownership ghas been a complete and utter catastrophy with far far worse to come.

So far Venkys' ownership has been very disappointing. But Rovers have many advantages over Everton.

"They have invested heavily in making Blackburn India's Premier League Club" - too tired for words. Please elaborate for me.

That statement is somewhat disturbing. Have they spent their own money or have they borrowed against the club?

If this sequence is true, Venkys must sell. Otherwise their name will be mud amongst the billion plus PL supporters out there in the world.

If they do sell, they can claim a profit. They can save face by alluding to the enormous wealth of the Qataris, and how the Qataris can best advance the Rovers' interest, so Venkys owe it to their Rovers "family" to allow the sale. Nobody forced them, they made the decision for business and emotional reasons.

If this sequence is true, Venkys must sell. Otherwise their name will be mud amongst the billion plus PL supporters out there in the world.

If they do sell, they can claim a profit. They can save face by alluding to the enormous wealth of the Qataris, and how the Qataris can best advance the Rovers' interest, so Venkys owe it to their Rovers "family" to allow the sale. Nobody forced them, they made the decision for business and emotional reasons.

Exactly my stance.

The ramifications are too great for it to be true and us NOT unite as supporters and show the prospective buyers we want them in.

If I was John Williams i'd be on the phone to prince something-or-other telling him how lovely Blackburn is this time of year.

As I said last night, Qatar interest is very very real, things are at a very delicate stage. Decision now rests with Mrs D, this will be a one time offer, they will move onto another club if the answer is no. The numbers are mind boggling.

I expect this to be resolved one way or other very soon. If Venky's turn down this approach then safe to assume they are here for the long term.

I just hope that venkys don't seek advice from either Kean or JA as to "should they sell or not sell".

Was it not mentioned on podcast 14 that there were 3 potential parties interested in Rovers. I therefore presume that this qatar group is just one of them.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I went out yesterday afternoon around 3pm , so this is all new to me ....I cannot really believe what I have read ..But it is probably the only way , we will stay up this season !!!

We cannot go on the way things are , something as to change !!!! This would be Utopia , believe it when I see it though....

Archived