BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean exclusive: We deserve to be in top 10 says under-fire Blackburn boss

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
I would hope that the educated fan can understand it’s a transition period for the club.

:rolleyes: condescending little twerp.

He's right though, we're in transition from a Premier League team to a Championship team.

'Deserve' is Kean's most used word after 'positive'. We deserved this, we didn't deserve that etc. etc.

I would like him to use both words in the following sentance. I didn't deserve to be sacked as I was positive we would have started winning games soon.

He has a perfect opportunity over these next 6 fixtures to let the results do the talking,

Just looking at the next three

Wigan: Nothing less than 3 points will do here, Draw or Lose, and he will blame refereeing decision, point to stats (i.e possession, how many times the ball was in box, missing key players etc) I personally think Rovers will win this 3 or 4 nil as Wigan just don't score goals and have not replaced their stand out performer from last season N'Zogbia,

Stoke: A win a Stoke is a bonus as its a difficult place to go, but saying that since when did Stoke overtake us in terms of being a better team? Bolton thumped them 5-0, and with Rovers already failing to beat teams like Wolves and Everton at home we need to pick points up away. We should be going there looking for a win, but back to back Prem wins is something Kean has not achieved, so a point would be a good result, but I expect Rovers to be turned over.

Swansea: Home match should be meat and drink and 3 points? Not under Kean, our home form has kept us in the Premiership for many years but under Kean and this season alone just 3 points from 18 tells its own story. 1 win from the previous 2 fixtures will make this a difficult atmosphere one suspects, anything less than a win from the previous 2 will have the fans focus directly on the Manager if he has not been replaced. How this will turn out? Anyones guess, On paper we should win, but under Kean we have already proved that winning is something he finds hard to do.

Total points from these games I would expect in a normal season and a competant Manager would be 7, Under Kean I think we may scrape 4. 10 points from 14 games? Is this enough at this stage of the season?

Seriously, is this guy on medication or something - he is just such an embarrassment to himself and the club.

The reporter's tone is subtlely mocking of him though, which I suppose shows that some 'outsiders' can see him for what he really is.

Didn't care much for the veiled dig though with the 'educated fan' comment - he just has to goad us in every interview.

He's right that were in transition - unfortunately though its a transition into the championship but flunky's will still probably back him even then.

• Backroom

Lol , a PR lap of honour after the game, i suspect, followed by interviews on Sky , Talk sport and Radio Lancs. I can stomach all these if he gets us a win :-)

You can just imagine it, can't you? Another 30 minute sit down interview with sky sports news perhaps. No doubt there will be some more veiled digs at the protesters, as if one win wipes away his horrific record.

Kind of sad that even if we win my thoughts will be tainted by this cretin's reaction.

Lol , a PR lap of honour after the game, i suspect, followed by interviews on Sky , Talk sport and Radio Lancs. I can stomach all these if he gets us a win :-)

"I'm saving the club now just like I did last year", "Our luck is turning and we're getting momentum", "Until I stepped in *scapegoat* was ruining the team and sending us down".

Something like that?

"We’ll get through this little period, as we did last season."

"I would hope that the educated fan can understand it’s a transition period for the club."

I don't have the words... Oh, yes I do - one word: patronization. Finally the overpromoted one acknowledges that many Rovers fans are not uneducated simpletons willing to receive all his 'positivity' unquestionably. But then he undermines the acknowledgement with utter claptrap.

Seriously, is this guy on medication or something - he is just such an embarrassment to himself and the club.

The reporter's tone is subtlely mocking of him though, which I suppose shows that some 'outsiders' can see him for what he really is.

Didn't care much for the veiled dig though with the 'educated fan' comment - he just has to goad us in every interview.

He's right that were in transition - unfortunately though its a transition into the championship but flunky's will still probably back him even then.

Probably Prozac

From the Mirror piece-

"Like US President Richard Nixon during the Vietnam protests, the Glaswegian claims the silent majority back him and insists he can win them over with the gutsy displays they showed against Tottenham and Chelsea."

:blink:

He is seriously comparing himself to Tricky Dicky... well the rumours are rife Stevie boy but you said it!

:lol:

and I haven't started on the Watergate analogies.

I'm being idealistic again but if anyone has the ear of any pundits, particularly high profile ones, you must send them the links to the Mail and Guardian articles. Then please pester, pester and pester them some more until they start to acknowledge the content of these articles.

We'll probably never get through to Sky Sports (Charlie Nicko would never allow it)but we might just get others to follow the Guardian and Mail's suit and start recognising some difficult truths for the Venkys.

My thoughts?

We'll get a draw against Wigan. Which SK will call "momentum". We'll then go on to lose against Stoke and beat Swansea. At which point SK will say that, over those three games, 4 points from 9 is top half material and if we hadn't been unlucky in the games where we deserved more we'd be challenging Liverpool and Arsenal at the minute.

And then he'll try and justify it by saying he spoke with Martinez who said he thinks he's a great manager, and also John Terry said so a fortnight ago so it must be true.

Archived