BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean exclusive: We deserve to be in top 10 says under-fire Blackburn boss

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Mirror piece-

"Like US President Richard Nixon during the Vietnam protests, the Glaswegian claims the silent majority back him and insists he can win them over with the gutsy displays they showed against Tottenham and Chelsea."

:blink:

He is seriously comparing himself to Tricky Dicky... well the rumours are rife Stevie boy but you said it!

:lol:

and I haven't started on the Watergate analogies.

I don't think he (Kean) is comparing himself to Nixon, it's just David Anderson doing that... Having said that, the comment is very relevant.

If he is going to turn anything around, it has to start tomorrow. Then he needs to put a 5 or 6 game winning streak together and then, and only then, will I consider the possibility that he might possibly have a little bit of skill as a manager. Will that happen? Ha.

Kean says “You speak with Andre Villas-Boas and John Terry, who came in to see me after our game with them [Chelsea]. Ashley Cole and Frank Lampard. They all said what a tough game we had given them.'' “These guys don’t need to say that and I don’t think they say that week in, week out to other managers.''

My spin on that is:

** over a post match glass of red (in Keans case couple of bottles) AVB said something like ''your lot weren't as pants as I'd been told''

and

** some of the Chelsea players did pop there head into the Rovers dressing room after the game and say the usual ''well played lads'' to the players. Keans version ofcourse is that the 3 top English players with Chelsea sought him out personally for praise. FFS get the Jock certified.

Kean's on about Rovers bad luck - suprised he didn't say we were so good v Arseanal that we should have had 6. Just for a moment imagine what the current situation would be if we had not got that IMO somewhat lucky win.

I've been having nightmares - its a meeting between Kean and the 3 stooges, I mean the Raos, all smiling smiling smiling nodding heads nodding heads smiling smiling... and then Kean signs his new contract ... it never stops.

Lol , a PR lap of honour after the game, i suspect, followed by interviews on Sky , Talk sport and Radio Lancs. I can stomach all these if he gets us a win :-)

And probably his new contract.

Also, I don't like all this talk about luck and not getting the bounce of the ball, etc, as it lets the players off the hook. It could be psychologically damaging as they know they can get away with lack of concentration or sloppy play. Proper managers have a balance in dealing with people, Kean is just too optimistic.

It's rubbed off on the owners too but ultimately, it's like me saying I want Rovers to win the league. Saying something and making it happen are two different things.

Message to Kean: if you want to get any of the fans onside, just shut your mouth and let the football AND RESULTS do the talking. Oh wait...

Kean needs to win on Saturday. simple as, no excuses!!!

Kean needs to get at least 10 to 12 points from the next 6 games. I think we can win at Wigan, Swansea, WBA, Bolton at home. Away games at Stoke and Sunderland will be tough!

Kean/Rovers needs to walk the walk iinstead of keep talking the talk

Problem is if we don't do well in these next 6 games, we are royally screwed. We are too points adrift from the rest of the pack already.

So much faith being put in a novice manager with a woeful track record - there will have to a pretty decent shift in relation to his win per game ratio.

Kean needs to win on Saturday. simple as, no excuses!!!

Kean needs to get at least 10 to 12 points from the next 6 games. I think we can win at Wigan, Swansea, WBA, Bolton at home. Away games at Stoke and Sunderland will be tough!

Kean/Rovers needs to walk the walk iinstead of keep talking the talk

And if we get beat Chaddy,Kean automatically down the road ?

Its no pain no gain Saturday. :mellow:

He is a vile man, he paints such a pretty picture of himself and the club. Should be in the top 10? Clown.

And whats this about????

'In one of our last games, it was the youngest Blackburn team since 1996'

Who gives a f*uck about the future, we might not have a future if he carries on much longer.

I really cannot stand the man, the ease in which he wriggled his way into this job, cuddling up to Venkys makes me so angry.

I think Venky's & Kean are now getting a more difficult ride from the press.

Today there is a 'mocking' article in The Mirror by Anderson and excellent articles in Guardian & Mail by Conn & Wheeler. All three journalists are 'leading lights'.

Whether you agree with the flower 'protest' or not this week, or it might just be a coincidence, but the media world seems to be finally awakening to Rovers' problems.

As I said in one the podcast's, i firmly these interviews aren't aimed at the fans. They are aimed at owners.

Kamy - can you get links to them of the Mirror, Mail & Guardian articles ?

They might get a better picture !

The most scarying thing is that my dad agrees with Kean about we deserve to be further up the table. As a neutral he says that it is much better watching Rovers now and we have been horribly unlucky against Everton and Norwich. He is a Liverpool fan himself.

The most scarying thing is that my dad agrees with Kean about we deserve to be further up the table. As a neutral he says that it is much better watching Rovers now and we have been horribly unlucky against Everton and Norwich. He is a Liverpool fan himself.

I actually agree with your dad that we deserve to be further up the table. I do not, however, agree with Kean that our performances so far are deserving of a top ten position. Trying to be as fair as possible, I have looked at our league games so far and these are the games where I think we deserved either more or fewer points:

Wolves (deserved a draw) +1

Everton (deserved to win) +3

Fulham (deserved to lose) -1

Arsenal (deserved to draw) -2

Tottenham (deserved to draw) +1

Norwich (deserved to win) +2

Chelsea (deserved to draw) +1

Therefore, I think that we deserve to have an additional 5 points. I have reworked the league table based on the above "deserved" results by adding 5 points to our total and then either increasing or decreasing the above teams' points tallies as appropriate. The result is that we would be in 15th position, two points above the relegation zone - you will have to trust me on this (I tried to copy and paste the reworked table but the formatting was all over the place).

So I do think we deserve to be higher up the table. The problem is that Kean just doesn't help himself by over-egging everything he says. We clearly do not deserve to be in the top ten at the moment.

I actually agree with your dad that we deserve to be further up the table. I do not, however, agree with Kean that our performances so far are deserving of a top ten position. Trying to be as fair as possible, I have looked at our league games so far and these are the games where I think we deserved either more or fewer points:

Wolves (deserved a draw) +1

Everton (deserved to win) +3

Fulham (deserved to lose) -1

Arsenal (deserved to draw) -2

Tottenham (deserved to draw) +1

Norwich (deserved to win) +2

Chelsea (deserved to draw) +1

Therefore, I think that we deserve to have an additional 5 points. I have reworked the league table based on the above "deserved" results by adding 5 points to our total and then either increasing or decreasing the above teams' points tallies as appropriate. The result is that we would be in 15th position, two points above the relegation zone - you will have to trust me on this (I tried to copy and paste the reworked table but the formatting was all over the place).

So I do think we deserve to be higher up the table. The problem is that Kean just doesn't help himself by over-egging everything he says. We clearly do not deserve to be in the top ten at the moment.

Deserved?

in those 7 games you identify, we conceded 13 goals. Just under two goals per game on average. When you concede goals as regularly as we do, you're going to struggle to get anything from a game. That's our big problem.

Archived