BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Please can the Fans Forum take action? - Personal plea from Sentient

sentient

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another plea here ... please can the fans forum stand up and actually do soemthing?

what about a poll ... should FF resign en masse?

Why have "mods" changed the name of the thread and even spelt my tag wrong.

Regardless of that, they haven't had the bottle to start a poll!

GUTLESS!

Why have "mods" changed the name of the thread and even spelt my tag wrong.

Regardless of that, they haven't had the bottle to start a poll!

GUTLESS!

Firstly, apologies for the misspelling of your name. I have corrected it now.

The reason I changed the topic title is that the previous one did not match your actual post.

The topic title 'Fans forum to take action?' indicates that you have heard that they are going to do something. You have not. Your post was asking for the Fans forum to do something. Very different.

As for a poll. A poll on what? Should they all resign? Why? What would that serve? You put across your reasons for the Fans Forum to resign, be it in protest or that in your opinion they are not doing the job they should be, then it may be that a poll is needed.

• Backroom

The FF is a side issue. I realise that fans, like me, are very very angry with Venkys and Kean but what have the F F got to do with this. They deal with leaks in the stands and the price of pies. If they raised the management of the Club they would be banned!!

Resigning en masse would do nothing, as you say the issues may be minor to most but they also need addressing and we will continue to do so in the same manner as the forum has for over a decade.

Out of interest I don't think I ever saw this guy moan about the fans forum pre Pune invite but seems to quite often now even though the FF has been run the same since it's inception.

The reason I changed the topic title is that the previous one did not match your actual post.

The topic title 'Fans forum to take action?' indicates that you have heard that they are going to do something. You have not. Your post was asking for the Fans forum to do something. Very different.

As for a poll. A poll on what? Should they all resign? Why? What would that serve? You put across your reasons for the Fans Forum to resign, be it in protest or that in your opinion they are not doing the job they should be, then it may be that a poll is needed.

Fair enough, that makes sense.

Poll should ask if FF should resign and issue statement that they (and wider fanbase) have lost confidence in venkys' ability to run the club effectively for the long term success of BRFC. Nothing more is required. Full stop! Inaction is viewed as tacit support for venkys in my eyes. I cannot speak for others but I am sure that a few might feel the same way.

Resigning en masse would do nothing, as you say the issues may be minor to most but they also need addressing and we will continue to do so in the same manner as the forum has for over a decade.

Out of interest I don't think I ever saw this guy moan about the fans forum pre Pune invite but seems to quite often now even though the FF has been run the same since it's inception.

Tom, the FF was an irrelevance before Pune - a sounding board for a competent management team. The game changed when the lunes took over. The purpose of the FF is now impossible - tell us what it is in the poll and everyone can judge for themselves if there is any point!

When you went to Pune and (unwittingly?) provided succour to venkys activities and their devastating impact on BRFC, you became an (unwilling?) agent of theirs. The FF could dispel this image and wield a positive blow for BRFC by demonstrating to venkys (and media) that the fans are NOT behind sk and are definitely NOT ok with £100m mortgage facility. Of course you could continue to give the impression that you have all been bought?

Whats wrong with a quick pm discussing it first? Sentient seems to accept your point once you had explained it to him so whats wrong with a quick word by pm? It would easily have avoided a bit of aggro.

You keep exceeding your brief Hemelrover. You did it to me and SAS in the riots thread when you deleted two well thought out and valid posts neither of which transgressed any of the guidelines. How many times do you need to be told before you take it on board that your position is as a moderator to uphold the posting rules and not as a censor to skew them as you see fit?

And that's the problem with you and a lot like you. You incorrectly think that disagreement with some of the things going on automatically equates to support for Venky's or Kean. It doesn't.

It does if you are (supposed) fans representatives and you do NOTHING and don't even make a statement of concern. To me that says "FF supports venkys and kean - we are happy with 7 points from 12 games, 5 clean sheets in nearly 40 games (wow!), and general pathetic ridiculous sham crass inane amateur woeful pathetic performance."

Also think that you got your logic wrong above. But I won't hold that against you - just your sentiments.

another plea here ... please can the fans forum stand up and actually do soemthing?

what about a poll ... should FF resign en masse?

Why should they resign?

Is it because you do not like the prayer room, the price or type of pie. You don't like the roverstore. That is what the Fans forum do. They probable all share the same concerns about the way the club is run, Kean and the owners. But that is not the prupse of the fans forum. Probable every member of staff at ewood share the same concerns - should they resign as well. Those in the ticket office, the cleaner etc etc.

Tell you what, why not the buses to divert going to ewood park at the same time. The reality is this, nobody can do anything about the situation we are in now apart from the owners. For you to have ago at the fans forum, who are neither the cause or the solution to the situation, is just plain daft.

I think the first question is an interesting one - I know a couple of journalists recently wanted to speak with those fans who met with the Rao family in India. Clearly no one put themselves forward......unless the fans forum are satisfied with the current running of the club.

I think the first question is an interesting one - I know a couple of journalists recently wanted to speak with those fans who met with the Rao family in India. Clearly no one put themselves forward......unless the fans forum are satisfied with the current running of the club.

Actually we did put a response back to David Conn.

Still no poll. What are you afraid of?

If you understood the workings of the fans forum and why there is one. You would understand that there is no reason whatsoever for a poll. Lets be honest what can the forums do about the owners or the manager? NOTHING.

There has been protests for awhile now on the owners and the manager - but still nothing has been chnaged. So what difference would a few people talking to club officials make.

My understanding of the forum, is it is not about such concerns about owners or manager. But how the club treats the fans. How to make attending matches ok for fans etc, catering, toilets etc etc.

This issue about the fans forum would never have raised its head, if it was not for the Pune trip. If the pune trip had not have either been invited - accepted or refused - we would not even be dicussing this issue.

• Backroom

There is no poll I imagine because it's a non issue the fans forum will not be resigning. By your logic anyone attending games is supporting the owners and manager

You come accross as a very bitter individual it must be said I see you've been sniping at people in the Wigan thread as well

Archived