BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ian Battersby's account of his Pune meeting.

den

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We did not doubt the good faith of the current owners of the Club, Venky’s at the initial purchase of

the Club. However with recent events we are unclear whether the original commitment still remains.

Obvious that mine wasn't one of those names behind that statement. Something smelled fishy to me from the off.... and it wasn't fish!

Neil, what doesn't add up? They haven't been offered enough money. Thinking about the purchase price + debt against income and assets, any stripper could take rovers from 12months ago to oblivion and probably make going on £50m (don't know why the trust didin't do it to be honest, they sold way too cheap but probably sentiment had an effect). So ther is nothing to add up. They will make their £50m full stop. The family feud is a charade. Why do people always deny the obvious?

I'd go with that.

Unfortunately a side effect of the trust selling so cheaply was always going to leave the club wide open to asset stripping.

Surely with Jack Straw's name on the statement it will make the national's?

imo the press and media are finally coming around to the farcical events at BRFC. The fact that they'd have come around to it all a damned site quicker if we had been one of the media 'darlings' does them no service.

Obvious that mine wasn't one of those names behind that statement. Something smelled fishy to me from the off.... and it wasn't fish!

I'd go with that.

Unfortunately a side effect of the trust selling so cheaply was always going to leave the club wide open to asset stripping.

I've always thought it was strange, how cheaply the club was sold. The Trust must have have been VERY desperate to sell.

Is there enough for our local MP's to raise in the House of Commons - both concerns about appropriate ownership of clubs for what is our national game - and also the impact that our owners will potentially have on a relatively poor part of the country.

It can't be far off. What happens in January is going to be the deciding factor. If they don't address any of the problems and no investment is forthcoming (as they promised) then it surely has to be raised.

I think that's exactly right Veiny. The ball is well and truly in Venky's court and depending how it's returned in the next few weeks, I'd hope everyone who signed that statement will have potential actions lined up. About time some would say, perhaps it'll be too late, but it turns the heat up on the chicken overlords which is fundamental.

So all attempts at dialogue with the Raos have failed. We have owners who wont talk, or respond to people genuinely worried about their committment to the club. Looks like they've retired to the bunker and have nothing to say to anyone. Interesting that the people involved have seen fit to publish this the night before our biggest two games in recent history.

In fact, this is quite worrying:

We did not doubt the good faith of the current owners of the Club, Venky’s at the initial purchase of

the Club. However with recent events we are unclear whether the original commitment still remains.

Will they respond?

Dont worry Glen and co are having a meeting with Kean. :P

Given the recent statement from leading local businessmen and politicians coupled with the antipathy directed towards some of those I can't help but SPECULATE on a little theory I have.

Imagine a local group has been trying to quietly raise money for a buyout whilst the protests are taking place?

Then a second group appears comprised of local businesses and venture capitalists and including one that was previously aligned to the original group.

This second group makes a series of public statements echoing the concerns the support has been voicing for months. That would certainly gain the fans support for any takeover / buyout.

Wouldn't it?

Given the recent statement from leading local businessmen and politicians coupled with the antipathy directed towards some of those I can't help but SPECULATE on a little theory I have.

Imagine a local group has been trying to quietly raise money for a buyout whilst the protests are taking place?

Then a second group appears comprised of local businesses and venture capitalists and including one that was previously aligned to the original group.

This second group makes a series of public statements echoing the concerns the support has been voicing for months. That would certainly gain the fans support for any takeover / buyout.

Wouldn't it?

Provide some evidence and I might agree :)

Wouldn't it?

Its an interesting theory, but yes I agree they would be welcomed with open arms by the fans.

I think that's exactly right Veiny. The ball is well and truly in Venky's court and depending how it's returned in the next few weeks, I'd hope everyone who signed that statement will have potential actions lined up. About time some would say, perhaps it'll be too late, but it turns the heat up on the chicken overlords which is fundamental.

I raised this a couple of months ago. I was assured MPs have better things to do.

Wouldn't it?

I think this more than a theory.

Archived