BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ian Battersby's account of his Pune meeting.

den

As things stand at the moment. Venkys are not going. They are NOT selling. There is also nobody in for buying the club. The only choice and hope is that venkys see since and listen to folk who are wanting and trying to help venkys.

At this moment in time these are Ian Battersby, Ian Currie ( I think he is still.interested) & Wayne Wild. In.order to help the situation these have to discuss, have dialogue with the owners.

I believe that these have the clubs interest at heart. They have requested that supporters give venkys an olive branch.

These business people aren't going to do anything to change matters.

He even says in the article that Desai wanted a follow up meeting, then she didn't bother to set it up.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's patently obvious the owners do not have a plan, unless you call inaction a plan. The owners at present are frozen like rabbits in the headlights, unable or unwilling to act because they do not understand the club or the business they have bought into.

Did I say the plan was in the best interests of Blackburn Rovers Football Club?

I will leave you to work out was I was meaning by my prior statement...

Just goes to show that a reconciliation would be absolutely pointless.

Fine words butter no parsnips. Actions speak louder than words. By their fruits ye shall know them.

They've had a year, I'm not changing my mind on them. And if they give me an olive branch, I'm ramming it somewhere uncomfortable for the dragon lady.

The longer they're here, the more damage they'll do, they need to put the club up for sale and not ask too much for it.

by all accounts she intends to run the Rovers on a self funding basis which is obviously doomed to fail if she tries it! She is also rumoured to be wanting to sell us, and not prepared to put any venkys money into the club

I cannot fault her for that. Funding a Premier League club nowadays is for billionaires with a death wish.

These people are finished in Blackburn, the only solution is for them to sell up and leave UNLESS they put their money where their mouths are and sort out the probelms. This means spending serious money, whatever it takes, perhaps £15-20, in January in the hope we avoid relegation and if we don't be ready to support a serious and sustained promotion push. That will probably cost upwards of £30m.

You need to make decisions with your head and not your heart Paul.

Glad to be in Zurich and away from everything Rovers at present.

Just tuned in for the first time in a week to see this thread.

Used to work with IB in the early 80s over in Nelson. He should work out who I am with those comments. We used to take great delight in wearing blue and white in the land that time forgot.

Whilst we have lost touch since, as far as I am concerned he is as committed a Rover as you will meet.

Venky's on the other hand, I wish I had never heard of them. They've shown their colours over the last year or so and it would take a miracle to get them to meet the aspirations of the supporters.

Glad to be in Zurich and away from everything Rovers at present.

Just tuned in for the first time in a week to see this thread.

Used to work with IB in the early 80s over in Nelson. He should work out who I am with those comments. We used to take great delight in wearing blue and white in the land that time forgot.

Whilst we have lost touch since, as far as I am concerned he is as committed a Rover as you will meet.

Venky's on the other hand, I wish I had never heard of them. They've shown their colours over the last year or so and it would take a miracle to get them to meet the aspirations of the supporters.

May know you, I worked in Nelson too in the 80s!!

Meaning?

Meaning that we all know BRFC cannot turn a profit in today's Premier League to save it's life. Thats why the Walker Trust couldn't get out quick enough. Why would some people who seem rich but not super rich from another continent chuck good money after bad in the mad world of Premier League football now that they have dipped a toe in the water.

Paul tell me ... if you were Joan just what would you do? Blow the family silver, sell up, or cut your losses grab what you can and get tf out.

Well Gord (if I can jump in) if I was going to commit to investing a few million in something I knew the square root of FA about, I'd do a bit of homework. Result being of course I wouldn't have invested anything.

If I was naive enough to believe and trust, oh I don't know someone who'd been around that industry for years, to the extent I'd in effect let them have free rein to spend my money, I'd make sure there was a way I could get out with my brass intact. Like sell off the assets.

Now if someone - some rich Arabs for sake of argument - approached me offering me more than I'd paid just when things were going pear shaped, I'd snap their hands off. Selling off assets is almost risk free, but taking a cheque off an Arab is less risky on the face of it.

Something doesn't add up does it? Maybe 'something' should be plural.

Neil, what doesn't add up? The haven't been offered enough money. Thinking about the purchase price + debt against income and assets, any stripper could take rovers from 12months ago to oblivion and probably make going on £50m (don't know why the trust didin't do it to be honest, they sold way too cheap but probably sentiment had an effect). So ther is nothing to add up. They will make their £50m full stop. The family feud is a charade. Why do people always deny the obvious?

Maybe you're right sentient, but if I was now in up to my neck and there was a risk assets might not sell for as much as first thought (or the risk factor of hanging about for a few months whilst authorities dug around) it really wouldn't take a huge offer for me to take the money and run. Perhaps I just haven't got the brass neck to hang in, perhaps an offer from 'an Arab' was way below what we've been led to believe. That's the sort of thing that doesn't add up to me.

Meaning that we all know BRFC cannot turn a profit in today's Premier League to save it's life. Thats why the Walker Trust couldn't get out quick enough. Why would some people who seem rich but not super rich from another continent chuck good money after bad in the mad world of Premier League football now that they have dipped a toe in the water.

No logical reason I can think of unless there really is a plan. I don't believe there is.

Paul tell me ... if you were Joan just what would you do? Blow the family silver, sell up, or cut your losses grab what you can and get tf out.

I would cut my losses, grab every penny and get out. I've been posting my fears the Raos could close the club and walk away next summer for several weeks. They've done it before, no reason why they won't do it again. It's what I'd do IF I was them and had their apparent outlook on business.

The point I was trying to make in the original post was the only way for the Raos to have a chance if acceptance is to spend in January and then again in the summer, if necessary funding a serious promotion challenge.

My current view us there may not be a club to support by this time next year.

A friend of mine on Facebook (A Newcastle fan):

I'm so happy that Blackburn have finally taken over from us as 'the joke club' or the 'crisis club'.

I never thought that would be Rovers....

Was talking to a few fans of different clubs over the weekend and they all couldn't believe what the slobs on the rob are doing to us.

So all attempts at dialogue with the Raos have failed. We have owners who wont talk, or respond to people genuinely worried about their committment to the club. Looks like they've retired to the bunker and have nothing to say to anyone. Interesting that the people involved have seen fit to publish this the night before our biggest two games in recent history.

In fact, this is quite worrying:

We did not doubt the good faith of the current owners of the Club, Venky’s at the initial purchase of

the Club. However with recent events we are unclear whether the original commitment still remains.

Will they respond?

Archived