BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ian Battersby's account of his Pune meeting.

den

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too may cooks spoil the broth? Providing its not the supporters then I can live with that, just wish that all the nonsense would go away and we can all concentrate on enjoying our club again,

Out with the bad guys, and lets then set about getting some results

I assume that you mean you want Venky's out when you refer to 'out with the bad guys', unfortunately Venky's are the only show in town at the moment, without a credible alternative willing to buy the club, trying to force Venky's out will just lead to even bigger problems.

If there was a credible alternative then great, let's push for Venky's out but there isn't. Our only hope is that they see sense and start managing the club properly.

I've talked to Battersby on a number of occasions recently and he comes across as someone who is genuinely worried about the club and wants to help the club. I don't have any reason to suspect his intentions, he has just tries to do things differently to the protestors.

All in all, Venkys have created this mess as they did not follow the basics. Starting with "Do what you say you are going to do."

All in all, Venkys have created this mess as they did not follow the basics. Starting with let us take it slowly, listen and learn from the people at the club who know about football and build success over the years

If there was a credible alternative then great, let's push for Venky's out but there isn't. Our only hope is that they see sense and start managing the club properly.

That's exactly where my head's at Kamy. We need them to get interested, and fast.

WW and IB could be playing this very cute. We have a Mexican stand-off and unless the fans make some kind of gesture, allowing Venky's room for manouvre, they will continue to dig their heels in. They will not allow themselves to lose face (yes, I know) but they hold all of the aces.

It won't taste good but it might just help us to start to get well again.

(I think I should get some kind of award for the most metaphors in the least number of sentences!)

Can see Wild's cause for concern and he pumps significant value into the club.

Far less is known of Battersby and his motives and agenda, genuine, hidden or what, only he knows.

One poster pointed out earlier, he included a statement to the effect that supporters have made mistakes !!!!

Not the best of starts - no need to go over old ground but clearly, IMO, this mess is all of Venky's own making.

The biggest decision they can make that would be a start is to sack Kean. They know that he's not liked and is a devisive factor. It's not rocket science and is the only way, IMO, to start reuniting the clunb in its entirety. It's that simple.

Can see Wild's cause for concern and he pumps significant value into the club.

Far less is known of Battersby and his motives and agenda, genuine, hidden or what, only he knows.

One poster pointed out earlier, he included a statement to the effect that supporters have made mistakes !!!!

Not the best of starts - no need to go over old ground but clearly, IMO, this mess is all of Venky's own making.

The biggest decision they can make that would be a start is to sack Kean. They know that he's not liked and is a devisive factor. It's not rocket science and is the only way, IMO, to start reuniting the clunb in its entirety. It's that simple.

And this is what causes so much of the aggro around the club because they can't be so blind as to not see this and so speculation grows around why they keep him on. You are right that sacking Kean and bringing in someone competent would make them look so much better in the eyes of so many people that it must be worth losing a bit of face with others to gain brownie points from the majority of people in Blackburn, even those who don't really watch football

I have a less diplomatic take. They've come unstuck because they didn't do what they said they would do.

Exactly! They have acted without any honour throughout the past year. Disgraceful and unworthy of involvement with the proud traditions of BRFC.

As for Ian Battersby. I don't know the guy so don't know his motivation. But personally I would never trust anybody involved in the "wealth management" business. It's generally just a sanitised term for modern-day usury and financial chicanery. It's also worth noting that vultures tend to be attracted to the stench of death.

What Venkys have done to our club over the last 12 months is disgraceful. However, it doesn't seem like there are any alternatives at the moment. If Mr Wild and Battersby can get Venkys back on side and in dialogue with the club and supporters, then that's the best we can hope for.

With a bit of luck these guys can encourage them to do the right thing - sort out the management of the club.

I have been all for protests, especially with Steve Kean, who is clearly incompetent. But, I think a change of tactics is needed.

I assume that you mean you want Venky's out when you refer to 'out with the bad guys', unfortunately Venky's are the only show in town at the moment, without a credible alternative willing to buy the club, trying to force Venky's out will just lead to even bigger problems.

I've talked to Battersby on a number of occasions recently and he comes across as someone who is genuinely worried about the club and wants to help the club. I don't have any reason to suspect his intentions, he has just tries to do things differently to the protestors.

Fair enough. Do you think Venkys will acknowledge Wild and Battersby, and engage in any kind of discussion with them?

As things stand at the moment. Venkys are not going. They are NOT selling. There is also nobody in for buying the club. The only choice and hope is that venkys see since and listen to folk who are wanting and trying to help venkys.

At this moment in time these are Ian Battersby, Ian Currie ( I think he is still.interested) & Wayne Wild. In.order to help the situation these have to discuss, have dialogue with the owners.

I believe that these have the clubs interest at heart. They have requested that supporters give venkys an olive branch.

They have requested that supporters give venkys an olive branch.

After the manner in which Venky's have systematically destroyed my club over the past 12 months, absolutely no way.

How about Venky's making the first move by extending an olive branch to supporters, starting by sacking Kean ?

The protests go on........

After the manner in which Venky's have systematically destroyed my club over the past 12 months, absolutely no way.

How about Venky's making the first move by extending an olive branch to supporters, starting by sacking Kean ?

The protests go on........

Very rare I agree with you !! But spot on !!!!

I appreciate this is entirely hearsay, and I am usually critical of posts containing the same, but I know somebody who is good friends with Battersby. He is friends with him from childhood and still in regular contact. He says that Battersby has nothing but good intentions, is a diehard fan, having followed Rovers home and away all of his life. He says he used to go to all the away games with Battersby 30 years ago when Rovers were in the depths of the 2nd division and the old 3rd division.

I don't know Battersby, but given this information, I would like to think his motives are for the good of Rovers.

It's been clear for months the Raos have had no idea what to do, no surprise there. I think this interview from Ian Battersby is very welcome, perhaps it is a prelude to something more positive.

These people are finished in Blackburn, the only solution is for them to sell up and leave UNLESS they put their money where their mouths are and sort out the probelms. This means spending serious money, whatever it takes, perhaps £15-20, in January in the hope we avoid relegation and if we don't be ready to support a serious and sustained promotion push. That will probably cost upwards of £30m.

So family Rao put up your money or go. Do nothing and no one will ever believe in you. Save us or restore to the PL and you'd be in with a chance, that's all, a chance.

Think you got that right they may spend £15-£20 in January...Really hope you meant millions!!!!

Eh? we're sorry for what exactly......

Not giving unconditional praise to the people who are destroying our club.

They really are loopy if they think that coming here, and doing what they've done is not going to cause the reaction that it has.

Have to laugh. He got what everyone else got-------an extremely polite hearing, they nodded in agreement and told him how grateful and pleased they were he'd come and how much they valued his input! He comes away thinking what a lovely family and how genuine they are, and then---------------------------------NOTHING! Might as well never gone.

Got to be the Asian way of avoiding conflict and giving no offence. For us its impossible to get to grips with--------destroyed by smiles!! Weeks later you realise you made no impression at all!

Archived