BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ian Battersby's account of his Pune meeting.

den

I think venkys.do not know who to trust in this business. I am wondering if they are wanting to listen to Mr Battersby. Just curious as.to why this.article appears now.

Actually I think it's people in business do not know whether to trust Venkys.

The Battersby piece was pro Venky PR - read it again. Cleverly done - see what unfolds.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will not know who is in attending til later in the week, The club are working hard in ensuring that a good group is assembled by the club, to listen to these concerns.

It seems a bit frustrating, airing yours and supporters concerns to people who can't do anything about it.

It seems a bit frustrating, airing yours and supporters concerns to people who can't do anything about it.

Sadly yes, its very frustrating, but there is a chain of command, you must speak with the board before any chance of speaking to Venkys. As the Pune 9 will tell you, they had to be vetted all the way to Balaji and it was only after going through all thise steps that they got to the horses mouth.

As I have said in many post, Mr Wild has been fantastic from both a commercial and supporters point of view, he has attended open supporters meetings, shared many conversations with me on the phone, will be at the meeting with the board, and is a no nonsence guy who can only have a positve effect on Rovers and if its positive its good for all us supporters.

He has no personal agenda, no need for self promotion and is one of the good guys. He see's through everything and I have kept him updated on everything on a daily basis.

Battersby on the other hand, I have no knowledge of the guy, and he is 3 months late to the party, we need to remember he went to Pune to get a role on our executive board at Ewood, reported by Nixon etc, He strongly denies this, but others have confirmed that aspect. He has had no reply to that trip and now wants to jump on the train which so many other non BRFC figures are now on.

Knight is shining armour? Not for me

In it for personal gain? Dnt know guy so could'nt possibly make a judgement

All I do know is Wayne Wild is doing what he is doing because he loves our club as much as we do and he wants nothing in return for doing so

I think you'll find that Mr Battersby went to pune with Ian Currie. A business man, ardent Rovers supporter. Just wondering why he would get caught up with somebody who is in it for themselves.

As you said, you do not know Battersby. So he could actually be a good genuine bloke. It took awhile before he even got a chance to see venkys. Did he.not state that his.intention of going to.pune, was to help venkys.run the club properly, for the sake of the club.

It's been clear for months the Raos have had no idea what to do, no surprise there. I think this interview from Ian Battersby is very welcome, perhaps it is a prelude to something more positive.

These people are finished in Blackburn, the only solution is for them to sell up and leave UNLESS they put their money where their mouths are and sort out the probelms. This means spending serious money, whatever it takes, perhaps £15-20, in January in the hope we avoid relegation and if we don't be ready to support a serious and sustained promotion push. That will probably cost upwards of £30m.

So family Rao put up your money or go. Do nothing and no one will ever believe in you. Save us or restore to the PL and you'd be in with a chance, that's all, a chance.

I think even that amount might be more than they are willing to put in, Paul. I agree with your post and personally wish they would bugger off. Their plan, if they had one, has failed and they as owners have failed.

Sadly yes, its very frustrating, but there is a chain of command, you must speak with the board before any chance of speaking to Venkys. As the Pune 9 will tell you, they had to be vetted all the way to Balaji and it was only after going through all thise steps that they got to the horses mouth.

And if you get through the 'vetting process'- what then? A discussion with Balaji? Thats not going to bring results either is it, as Pune9 will perhaps agree.

I'm not clear what the aim of meeting the Board is- but I have been away from the Messageboard recently, what have I missed here?

I think you'll find that Mr Battersby went to pune with Ian Currie. A business man, ardent Rovers supporter. Just wondering why he would get caught up with somebody who is in it for themselves.

As you said, you do not know Battersby. So he could actually be a good genuine bloke. It took awhile before he even got a chance to see venkys.

Why are you stalking me??????

I know dam well who went to Pune with Battersby and both went as others before (certain PR guy springs to mind) to get on the board at Blackburn. Like I have posted don't know the guy, don't know his intentions now as he obviously aint had the call to put him on the board. All I do know is Currie and Battersby been friends for a long time... and now Battersby after three months is suddenly asking supporters for a truce who he has had no dialogue with.

Why are you stalking me??????

I know dam well who went to Pune with Battersby and both went as others before (certain PR guy springs to mind) to get on the board at Blackburn. Like I have posted don't know the guy, don't know his intentions now as he obviously aint had the call to put him on the board. All I do know is Currie and Battersby been friends for a long time... and now Battersby after three months is suddenly asking supporters for a truce who he has had no dialogue with.

Stalking you. Ha ha

I was asking questions with regards your post and things you mentioned.

• Backroom

As I see it Ian Battersby is a fan, a fan who has held talks with Mrs Desai, so his opinion and input even at this stage is worthwhile. If the ultimate aim is to have better communications with the club then him and Ian Currie may be pivotal.

As I see it Ian Battersby is a fan, a fan who has held talks with Mrs Desai, so his opinion and input even at this stage is worthwhile. If the ultimate aim is to have better communications with the club then him and Ian Currie may be pivotal.

We talked to the 2 Ians in Pune, they seemed sound enough. I think he's trying to say that theres a time to try to make some sort of truce (as suggested elsewhere) and to talk. not much different from the approach that Glen9mullan is suggesting, so I cant see what the problem is here ?

NOW JUST HOLD ON!

''Wild, who has been seeking a meeting with their owners for months now, said: The owners have made a lot of errors,it has to be said so have some of the supporters, so there have been mistakes all the way but now is the time for people to ease off the booing and protests.''

I'm sorry to say but I have been rather p1ssed off about this comment ever since I read it this morning at Work.This whole sad,sorry situation is all down to Venky's and their rank stupidity and nievity.To apportion even some blame onto Rovers supporters is a total cop-out for me,our fans have shown great restriant and have been patient under the circumstances.Only when pushed beyond the limits have we decided to voice our concerns.

Get YOUR act together Rao's and show the fans YOU are worthy of being owners of this fine club.

Rovers fans to 'hold out the Olive branch'...like it's our fault?.REALLY cheesed off about this! :angry:

It should be obvious that the point of calling a truce isn't because anyone seriously expects Venky's to turn about face and engage from the fans. It's more to remove the ability for them and the media to keep bleating about how the negative atmosphere at Ewood is the root cause of our problems and not Kean or them. This is the issue that divides the fans.

Kean will undoubtedly try to spin it that way and nobody with half a brain will buy it. Especially if the will of the fans to call a truce for two games is well known.

Unfortunately there are still a lot of fans and most of the media who believe Kean's spin no matter what he says.

What is this 'truce' anyway. There may be no protests planned but as I have said do you really think fans will sit on their hands and keep smiling if Rovers are losing against WBA or Bolton.

NOW JUST HOLD ON!

''Wild, who has been seeking a meeting with their owners for months now, said: “The owners have made a lot of errors,it has to be said so have some of the supporters, so there have been mistakes all the way but now is the time for people to ease off the booing and protests.''

I'm sorry to say but I have been rather p1ssed off about this comment ever since I read it this morning at Work.This whole sad,sorry situation is all down to Venky's and their rank stupidity and nievity.To apportion even some blame onto Rovers supporters is a total cop-out for me,our fans have shown great restriant and have been patient under the circumstances.Only when pushed beyond the limits have we decided to voice our concerns.

Get YOUR act together Roa's and show the fans YOU are worthy of being owners of this fine club.

REALLY cheesed off about this! :angry:

I think the comment is for Venkys - We're sorry, you're sorry, now let's get together and work it out. He's being diplomatic.

There's about three threads going banging on about truces.

It's simple, we beat West Brom, there will be little dissent, we get beat it will kick off.

What else is there to say? Football fans will react to events on the day,like they have from year dot.

Here we are merrily (trying to be festive) getting into a mince pie throwing contest with each other FOR WHAT?

You know it the same as I do.

For whatever the agenda is - they do not care. In case you missed that - THEY DO NOT CARE.

It has gone beyond sensible discussion - I am blessed with a chickens memory retention spasm.

We are knackered. That is the truth. We can argue as long as we want but they have beaten us.

UNLESS WE PROTEST!!!

Madame?! Oh please! Madame Cholet perhaps. Is she a matriarch or a dominatrix?

They've come unstuck because it seems they trusted advice they shouldn't have taken, don't seem to have understood the financial in's and out's and have tried to run Rovers like they would any other overseas (chicken) wing of their business.

They're halfway in and halfway out, you can't run Rovers on an okey-cokey basis. If they're paralysed now then what happens when we go down?

They can't trust decent advice and they can't all agree. It's fiddling while Rome is burning, and even if the fans welcomed them with open arms, they still have to accept advice from others (perhaps they don't like being told what to do), and then act on it. And fast.

Explains while Steve Kean's still in the chair. They might even have realised that we're stuffed every which way but loose, but having Kean fly out to India and offer them soothing words is like getting a stoker up from the engine room to say: "there, there. It's OK, just a small leak, we'll be in New York in no time."

The best thing they can do is sell up, and stick to the core elements of their business. Because outside of a chicken's arsehole, they don't know which way is up.

I also have to say after reading that article, I wouldn't trust them to tell me the right time of day.

Madame?! Oh please! Madame Cholet perhaps. Is she a matriarch or a dominatrix?

They've come unstuck because it seems they trusted advice they shouldn't have taken, don't seem to have understood the financial in's and out's and have tried to run Rovers like they would any other overseas (chicken) wing of their business.

I have a less diplomatic take. They've come unstuck because they didn't do what they said they would do.

They didn't keep the management team in place; instead they hired Kean the novice.

They haven't fulfilled their personal commitments to the fans, whether it be marquee signings or reimbursement for personal travel.

They haven't put in 10 million which is causing problems with the bank.

The problems with the bank are causing problems with the transfers.

The problems with transfers meant player sales and the squad has gone backwards.

All in all, Venkys have created this mess as they did not follow the basics. Starting with "Do what you say you are going to do."

Personally I can't help but wonder about where much of this going Too many interested parties means someone is bound to get upset.

Too may cooks spoil the broth? Providing its not the supporters then I can live with that, just wish that all the nonsense would go away and we can all concentrate on enjoying our club again,

Out with the bad guys, and lets then set about getting some results

They aren't interested at all in what any "outsider" has to say as they have a plan and they are sticking robustly to it

It's patently obvious the owners do not have a plan, unless you call inaction a plan. The owners at present are frozen like rabbits in the headlights, unable or unwilling to act because they do not understand the club or the business they have bought into.

It's patently obvious the owners do not have a plan, unless you call inaction a plan. The owners at present are frozen like rabbits in the headlights, unable or unwilling to act because they do not understand the club or the business they have bought into.

Which is why Ian Battersby is trying to get involved. Not for his own agenda, but for the sake of the club.

Archived