BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott

Doogs

A boycott is the only way Venky's will get the message as it will hit them in the pocket. :)

Need to get this into the media circle so that more people do it and also the main reasons why and i'm sure if we fail to get even 1 point out of the next 2 games which is more than likely and Kean is still in charge then i'm sure you'll get a majority doing it rather than Keans minority. :)

Glenn please can we sort this out and if you need any help at all then please PM me????

I agree. Glen, you seem to be a great job of getting press releases out to the press. Can we organise a boycott for the Stoke game? And get this out to the press?

Whatever the form of our protest take from here on will make no difference to the way the media will portray us. If we stay away they will doubtless interpret the empty seats as a sign of fickle fans who have already given up supporting the team.

In my view all our efforts must be concentrated on making Venkys tenure as owners of Rovers as uncomfortable as possible, redoubling our efforts to get maximum coverage so that despite the not so hidden agenda of the media we are still able to let the wider footballing world be aware that Venkys, as much as Kean, have contrived to stretch our limits of patience beyond endurance.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm beginning to feel like an alien in a parallel footballing universe. On Planet Venkys Steve Kean, Sky, and the great and good of the football intelligentsia (and Lawrence) realize the truth that Steve Kean is great manager terribly let down by his awful club's fans who just don't get.

I really must keep off the sherry-its meant to be for Christmas day. :wacko:

Boycotting one game, not parting with one penny for one game – in the grand scheme of things is a small way of getting a very big point across. We do not want Kean or Venky's.

Yes the club needs our support and money but unless us fans deliver such a huge snub, en masse, the consequences of watching the continued demise of our great club, without such a damning show of defiance, are far and away much more damaging.

One game is a lot less important than the future of our club!!!!!

I want to keep supporting Rovers in a years/10 years time!!!!!

Let's get our club back!!!!!!!!!

Those dismissing a boycott are very short sited and will come up with any reason not to as they are addicted to rovers. Blind loyalty is doing the clubs long term future no favours at all. If half the fans boycotted it would be massive statement.

Boycott is a very good idea but a large proportion of us season ticket holders are still going to attend, maybe we should also have a boycott where those that do attend remain in the stands for the first 15 mins. I think this will only work if the media know why we are doing it otherwise they are just going to turn it on its head and say the usual drivel that "our fans are terrible, empty seats" etc

There is no other business like football, a clubs customer base has blind loyalty, at times even if they don’t agree with the direction the club is going in. If we are going to effect change at Rovers then us fans, collectively, are going to have to change attitude and mindset and look at the bigger picture and stand up to those who are taking the pee out of us!

As has been discussed on another post, there is a fundamental problem with boycotting games. It just looks like apathy to anyone outside looking in. I propose that all season ticket holders / ticket holders go to the Stoke game but don't go inside the ground. If we can get 10,000 fans peacefully circling the ground during the stoke game it will be difficult to ignore this statement. Lets make it happen. Spread the word.

Why do people assume a boycott will hit venky's in the pocket? The only company that will suffer is Rovers and if Venky's truly have withdrawn funding then it won't help matters.

I am becoming increasingly concerned that we will never see Venkys in the UK again, ever, I think they will decide not to honour their obligations to the bank and walk away from Rovers totally, but at what cost, at this moment, personally, I would be hell bent on trying to find backers for a takeover bid, this is assuming Venkys own the club for I also fear, that as Splitscreen suggested on another thread, SEN/Kentaro are the true owners with Venkys nothing other than front men.

Maybe this is something our pub landlord could get his friend to investigate, because I fail to understand, even the worst business people, would not try to protect thier investments!

I have a season ticket but am boycotting. Lets not hide behind this notion you must go if you have a season ticket.

Same as buddy.

I'm not going again with that pr1ck in charge.

By the way, as John Jensen was sacked for the players' poor performance when can we expect Pam St Clement to get potted??

As has been discussed on another post, there is a fundamental problem with boycotting games. It just looks like apathy to anyone outside looking in. I propose that all season ticket holders / ticket holders go to the Stoke game but don't go inside the ground. If we can get 10,000 fans peacefully circling the ground during the stoke game it will be difficult to ignore this statement. Lets make it happen. Spread the word.

See the "Where does the protest go now" thread.

I think crowd numbers will be very few at the stoke game. I think the three for twenty quid offer for the last three home matches brought a lot of people in but anger has on the whole increased since before the Swansea game. People who bought that offer, myself included, will very unlikely be coming back come January.

Oh and for the record I think a boycott is a good idea as long as its circled in the media as a boycott. Gives it more purpose

This is not revenge on the Club we all say we love.

We should be more active not less active.

We need to attract Investors...not repel them.

Too many posters on here are playing an artificial cyberspace game. I do not want revenge on the Club- I want to retain

as many ST Holders next year as possible, and not see it as some revenge on the Indians and the Scotsman.

We need passionate but passive action. Inside and outside the Ground. And active seeking out of alternative Investors.

That is what fighting for the Club should be all about.

Archived